Who's working over Easter Poll

Are you working over Easter ? I’m not if I can help it as it’s optional

Nope, and Mrs has booked a hotel for the night on Friday, booze, booze booze and if I am capable something I’m likely to forget as I was far to ratted :blush: :angry: :laughing:

I mostly work in France: Good Friday isnt a holiday here, so itll be service as normal. Monday is a Bank Holiday, so most trucks will be banned, and so a day off for me.

Drift:
Nope, and Mrs has booked a hotel for the night on Friday, booze, booze booze and if I am capable something I’m likely to forget as I was far to ratted :blush: :angry: :laughing:

With help of little blue pill ? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:

Drift:

With help of little blue pill ? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tried that once, it triples the hangover… She can do without :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:
I mostly work in France: Good Friday isnt a holiday here, so itll be service as normal. Monday is a Bank Holiday, so most trucks will be banned, and so a day off for me.

I would have expected France to have a bank holiday on the good Friday being a Catholic country.

I’m on a night out on the Thursday so good Friday I’ll just have to run in which shouldn’t take more than about 2 hours for which I’ll get my guaranteed 8hrs pay. Happy days!!!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Drift:

Franglais:

I would have expected France to have a bank holiday on the good Friday being a Catholic country.

Im no religious expert, but I do find it a bit odd to have a holiday on the anniversary of an execution? I can see that Easter Monday is a celebration of J.C.s resurrection of course, but then Im a heathen. May 1st is a Monday this year so France and UK are in step for that one. Last year it was on a Sunday, so May 1st was effectively "lost" in France (Bonnie Tyler anyone?) as a holiday. Next year May 1st is on a Tuesday. So 2018; France works Monday April 30th, Tues 1st May is holiday with driving bans; UK has Monday 7th as hols (first Mon in May), when France is working normally. Youll find lots of people will “fait le pont” in 2018, taking Monday 30th off and so have a 4 day weekend. All swings and roundabouts.

Franglais:

Drift:

Franglais:

Im no religious expert, but I do find it a bit odd to have a holiday on the anniversary of an execution? I can see that Easter Monday is a celebration of J.C.s resurrection of course, but then Im a heathen. May 1st is a Monday this year so France and UK are in step for that one. Last year it was on a Sunday, so May 1st was effectively "lost" in France (Bonnie Tyler anyone?) as a holiday. Next year May 1st is on a Tuesday. So 2018; France works Monday April 30th, Tues 1st May is holiday with driving bans; UK has Monday 7th as hols (first Mon in May), when France is working normally. Youll find lots of people will “fait le pont” in 2018, taking Monday 30th off and so have a 4 day weekend. All swings and roundabouts.

Strange country :laughing:

I’ll be in Wed night to Tues morning me thinks but we don’t get bank holidays off lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sunday and Monday are my days off anyway so I’ll be off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drift:

Franglais:

Drift:

Franglais:

Strange country :laughing:

I`m very sure they think the same of us. Sometimes with good reason, too ! :smiley:

Working Friday, but on the Monday I’m off to Manc airport to catch a flight to the Caribbean for a fortnight. Just thought I’d gloat a little. :wink:

the maoster:
Working Friday, but on the Monday I’m off to Manc airport to catch a flight to the Caribbean for a fortnight. Just thought I’d gloat a little. :wink:

Poor underpaid driver :laughing:
Enjoy fella :wink:

:smiley: me cos im a greedy bugger feed mill at nantwich £70 load £25 bonus paid holiday £130 :smiley: happy days

I’ve taken Thursday aswell…just to beat the rush.

I’m doing Friday, did not have to, but volunteered as I do the same run every week.
It’s being loaded a day early, so the Fri will be my Saturday (I know what I mean :smiley: )
Not back in to the Wed after Easter though.

theres 2 drivers at our place , manager told us make our minds up which one of us was working good Friday . we politely told him neither of us were ,after a “discussion” he produced the company hand book and quoted the bit where it says "the company reserves the right to ask employees to work bank holidays " , we replied " well you’ve exercised your right to ask , and we are exercising our right to refuse " :slight_smile: the strange thing is (according to the yard foreman ) he is still expecting one of us to tell him ok ill do it :unamused:

I might work, haven’t been asked yet but we are super busy at the moment. Farmers need the stuff we take.

Radar19:
Farmers need the stuff we take.