Who's working over Easter Poll

Evil8Beezle:

Radar19:
Farmers need the stuff we take.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have to work Friday and Monday but It’s double lieu days so four days holiday earned for those two days so a weeks holiday later in the year :wink:

syramax:
theres 2 drivers at our place , manager told us make our minds up which one of us was working good Friday . we politely told him neither of us were ,after a “discussion” he produced the company hand book and quoted the bit where it says "the company reserves the right to ask employees to work bank holidays " , we replied " well you’ve exercised your right to ask , and we are exercising our right to refuse " :slight_smile: the strange thing is (according to the yard foreman ) he is still expecting one of us to tell him ok ill do it :unamused:

The way I see it if there are only 2 of you (I’m assuming you are trampers here) and there is a run to start, one of you will more or less have to do it.
If it was me and I had nothing special on, I would tell him I would be willing to do it, but he would have to make it (more than) worth it financially (chances are he will have got an increased rate for bank hol) and with a day in lieu.
Everybody wins, you get a good rate (and be a hero at same time :smiley: ) he gets his load covered, and you get the following Mon off. :bulb:

robroy:

syramax:
theres 2 drivers at our place , manager told us make our minds up which one of us was working good Friday . we politely told him neither of us were ,after a “discussion” he produced the company hand book and quoted the bit where it says "the company reserves the right to ask employees to work bank holidays " , we replied " well you’ve exercised your right to ask , and we are exercising our right to refuse " :slight_smile: the strange thing is (according to the yard foreman ) he is still expecting one of us to tell him ok ill do it :unamused:

The way I see it if there are only 2 of you (I’m assuming you are trampers here) and there is a run to start, one of you will more or less have to do it.
If it was me and I had nothing special on, I would tell him I would be willing to do it, but he would have to make it (more than) worth it financially (chances are he will have got an increased rate for bank hol) and with a day in lieu.
Everybody wins, you get a good rate (and be a hero at same time :smiley: ) he gets his load covered, and you get the following Mon off. :bulb:

Shouldn’t you be still watching the post match analysis to see how you lost? :open_mouth:
:wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Radar19:
Farmers need the stuff we take.

They would escape out of the curtains and we have nowhere to store them anyway.

Evil8Beezle:

robroy:

syramax:

Shouldn’t you be still watching the post match analysis to see how you lost? :open_mouth:
:wink:

Not when Steve ■■■■ McClaren is doing it! :open_mouth:
He want’s to keep his slavering gob shut.
The cheek of the man, …it’s his fault we got relegated in the first place. :imp:
I wouldn!t have the ■■■■ brass face.

You forgot the ‘Don’t know yet…’ option in the poll…

Treat like a mushroom in my job…

Kept in the dark, fed on… from day to day at my place…

So who knows come Thursday… :frowning:

Edited .

No chance at the rates offered

Wtaf

Our operation is 24/7 but i only do Mon to Fri so the usual weekend off…and on the beach… :sunglasses:

Yep because I want the August bank holiday off for Creamfields. Not even doing it for extra hourly pay… :open_mouth:

Off all next week on holiday. Back in on BH Monday

Franglais:
I mostly work in France: Good Friday isnt a holiday here, so itll be service as normal. Monday is a Bank Holiday, so most trucks will be banned, and so a day off for me.

Except the frigo drivers like me, no bans for fridges. Haven’t been given my work details for that weekend yet but could be working that Monday, earning OODLES of Euros :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not working, using the break to have a few days in Italy.

My attitude to bank holidays has changed a bit. I’m not expected to work any of them, but then I usually spend the day at home reluctant to go anywhere because I don’t like crowds.

Not having kids, I’d rather work the bank hols & earn extra money whilst enjoying the quieter roads, then take my days in lieu later in the week or the week after when the kids are back at school, everything is quieter & trips away are cheaper. Much more enjoyable use of my holiday entitlement & a financial no brainer!

Having just driven from Chester to Bromsgrove on motorways, I can tell you that there are very few trucks on the road. B&M won hands down with about five. Only one E.S. and a few Irish. Even the supermarkets were noticeable by their absence.

Not trucking but should be ‘on duty’ but as I only do about 10 actual working days per month it will make little difference to me, and I get paid the same whether working or not so don’t really care …

I actually don’t know how it works at my place my Rota is both Friday and Monday so would I lose both days or would they have to give me 2 days off if I’ve worked them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I’m working both days cos I’m a grabber lol.

I’m working both, 2 hours work each day get 4 hrs double time plus paid for the holiday. Worth it start at 5pm home for 7.

wirksworth rod:
:smiley: me cos im a greedy bugger feed mill at nantwich £70 load £25 bonus paid holiday £130 :smiley: happy days

Would that be Disneyland Wardle?

Might have to do a half day Friday loading out of Liverpool first thing and running it back to our yard near Derby unless can get it on Thursday evening,then off till Tuesday