Who's using beam benders or other things?

I just wonder as I was at night at Edinburgh with my car and due to closed M8 I had to get a diversion… On the normal road there were some European lorries and they had no stickers on the headlamps, so they were dazzling me… I know that some drivers just dip the lights as much down as possible and drive like that, but for car drivers it’s still not enaugh and you can’t see too far… It’s not a problem until you’ll left motorway…

I answered first. I am using stickers to block part of the lights… I have old car so it’s clearly marked on the glass where to put sticker and it’s blocks only this part which goes to the left and up. The same when I was driving vans to Holland. I had no beam benders and they weren’t happy to pay for it, so I just parked next to the wall and used some barcode sticker to adjust the beam of my lights.

Thought most new cars had a small bar that you moved that would turn the bulb to change from driving on the right to the left
Cant think what its called though

I think that most vehicles built in the last 5 years have lights that dip up and down as opposed to dipping left or right,my car (French registered ) with xeon lights dips up /down.

my 11 year old saab has the switch to raise/lower the headlights.

state of the art or what LOL

In all the time I have been driving around Europe I don’t think I have seen more than two or three trucks with stickers or other form of beam benders fitted

We have a LHD truck, with light fitted for driving on the Continent. Ther problem is you cannot adjust them and beam benders don’t work on these new light lenses. They also won’t pass an British Test. So we also have a set of UK spec lights that get fitted for the test.

Well to be honest i have never fitted beam benders as i feel we get told to over here but the europeans dont get the same grief when they come over here