Who's up for this job?

We have differing levels of driving hours, depending on which B.S. course the driver has attended. The courses are the type that nobody fails and the content is totally useless.
If a driver is employed to drive between the eastern seaboard capitols and Perth or Darwin, it’s in the driver’s interest to max out the hours. It can be the case for shorter interstate work, too. The sooner the job is done, the sooner the driver is home.
nhvr.gov.au/safety-accredit … management

igloo mike:
Here in Australia there is a real driver shortage. I have been doing interstate for 8 months and it is hard work. I do the same run every week Brisbane to Adelaide and back. Leaving 10am Monday collecting and then delivering 1am Wednesday. Leaving with a preloaded set of trailers midday Wednesday delivering for about 1am Friday. Both trailers need to go on different bays and then the set gets put back together and I finnish about 6am. For that I receive $1850 every week in the bank. We don’t have the great roads that the UK does. Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

Standard, you can only do 6 and 5

nhvr.gov.au/safety-accredit … gement-bfm

Last week.
Monday started 11.45 am. Left collection point 1.15pm having had a 30 min break. 4.15 work (Goondiwindi). 15 minutes break. 4hr work (Gowan rest area). 1 hr break.4.15 work (south of Forbes). 8.30 rest.
Tuesday started 1130am. Worked 4 hrs( Hay). 30 min rest. Worked 4 hrs (cullulleraine) 1 hr break. 4.30 work (Edinburgh park) delivery point. Left delivery point after 1.15 minutes last 30 taken as break. Work 15 minutes arrive at our depot. 10 hr rest
Wednesday started midday 5.45 hrs worked (broken Hill) 15 minutes break. 2.30 worked (east of wilcannia) 30 min rest. 2.15 work (cobar) 30 mins rest. 1.15 worked (kuraweena) . 9.45 rest.
Thursday. started 1045 am. 4.30 work (collarenebri) 30 mins rest. 2.45 work (Goondiwindi) 1 hr rest. 4 hrs worked (Heathwood) delivery point. Left delivery point after 3 hrs 2 of which were break. Worked 1.15 parked up in depot.

Hope that explains it better.

I’m on BFM. As I said in a correction earlier to my first post you have to have 48hrs off every 14 days and with the 84 hr rule you have to have a day off on the other weekend. If that is your primary focus then feel free to ask a direct question otherwise if the rain stops I go all in and put some photos up.

the nodding donkey:

igloo mike:
Here in Australia there is a real driver shortage. I have been doing interstate for 8 months and it is hard work. I do the same run every week Brisbane to Adelaide and back. Leaving 10am Monday collecting and then delivering 1am Wednesday. Leaving with a preloaded set of trailers midday Wednesday delivering for about 1am Friday. Both trailers need to go on different bays and then the set gets put back together and I finnish about 6am. For that I receive $1850 every week in the bank. We don’t have the great roads that the UK does. Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

W…T…F…

Seriously??

Actually, that kind of makes sense for true long distance work, where you only drive (rather than spend hours in yards (un)loading).
We have this truly stupid “one size must fit all” system here, where the rules are the same for (Euro) long distance work, and local multidrop. The rules mean that most distance drivers can have a working day as short as 9.45 hours, whilst local multidrop drivers may have a 15 hour day, with only 45 minutes rest during that day…

I still wouldn’t like to drive 14 hours a day, 6 days a week though… :sunglasses: :grimacing:

:grimacing:

That’s Kiss done and dusted, bumped in Thursday, bumped out Saturday/Sunday. Gosh it’s tiring watching all those people load and unload my trailers. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

PaddyTheLorryDriver:
Do you accept new passes with only 1 weeks real experience

You might struggle with some of the long, awkward and tight reverses.
The commute may get a little tedious too.

Star down under.:

PaddyTheLorryDriver:

The longer the trailer, the easier the reverse…

the nodding donkey:

Star down under.:

PaddyTheLorryDriver:

The longer the trailer, the easier the reverse…

Granted, but 2, 3, 400 metre reversing in tight confines, manoeuvring around various obstacles while avoiding low beams, lights etc and culminating in a blindside reverse often at night, is formidable for a new pass.

Setting up for this gig today.
cmcrocks.com/

Booked for Cold Chisel (look for them on YouTube, great band) next month, regional towns starting in Newcastle ending in Adelaide.
Yesterday I was booked for bigredbash.com.au/artist
an event that sells out within days of the tickets being released.

Had a couple of weeks to recoup from three Brisbane-Melbourne return, back to back. Off to Sydney, empty, on Saturday, to load for Perth Sunday.