Who's up for this job?

Star down under.:
No load interaction required,

Carryfasts ears have suddenly pricked up like a meerkat with that bit of information - sadly for him he would never be in with a chance of landing a job like this, even if he lived in Australia. :smiley:

Carryfast:
Obviously no use to you you’ll be moaning about the drivers aren’t labourers policy

You know the whole drivers working as “warehouse labourers” thing is a figment of your imagination and is living rent free in your head! :unamused:

Franglais:
Im sure many here would refuse that job on principle. Should go to an Aussie, and if no takers the rate should be increased until one is found. Dont get cheap “economic migrants” in from the UK!

Still not got over Brexit yet with that tentative link? :unamused:

Conor:
If I were single I’d jump at that job. Much better than the Formula 1 gig where you do the driving then end up as a low paid lackey and I’m convinced that the hours you end up doing because of all the non-driving duties mean you’re well exceeding tacho limits, not taking sufficient rest.

I only ever witnessed drivers parking up, cleaning the truck and then go to the hotel to fly out the next day.

mrginge:

Conor:
If I were single I’d jump at that job. Much better than the Formula 1 gig where you do the driving then end up as a low paid lackey and I’m convinced that the hours you end up doing because of all the non-driving duties mean you’re well exceeding tacho limits, not taking sufficient rest.

I only ever witnessed drivers parking up, cleaning the truck and then go to the hotel to fly out the next day.

Yep. Same with bands, I believe.
Years (many years) ago the drivers might hang around and help out. To-day they want them out of the way, plus they get to an hotel and are on genuine time off. Drivers will often* see more of mini-buses, hotels, and airports than they see of premium events.

*Clearly there are exceptions but as a rule, nah.

Conor:

Talking of which

Here in Australia there is a real driver shortage. I have been doing interstate for 8 months and it is hard work. I do the same run every week Brisbane to Adelaide and back. Leaving 10am Monday collecting and then delivering 1am Wednesday. Leaving with a preloaded set of trailers midday Wednesday delivering for about 1am Friday. Both trailers need to go on different bays and then the set gets put back together and I finnish about 6am. For that I receive $1850 every week in the bank. We don’t have the great roads that the UK does. Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

igloo mike:
Here in Australia there is a real driver shortage. I have been doing interstate for 8 months and it is hard work. I do the same run every week Brisbane to Adelaide and back. Leaving 10am Monday collecting and then delivering 1am Wednesday. Leaving with a preloaded set of trailers midday Wednesday delivering for about 1am Friday. Both trailers need to go on different bays and then the set gets put back together and I finnish about 6am. For that I receive $1850 every week in the bank. We don’t have the great roads that the UK does. Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

W…T…F…

Seriously??

edd1974:

Conor:

Talking of which

They won’t be filling those positions in a hurry. Most crew are getting £200 - £250 and above plus expenses per day.

Agree ^^^ £147 plus allowances is hardly earth shattering, but when it’s £147 including allowances it’s taking the ■■■■.

pressred:

edd1974:

Conor:

Talking of which

They won’t be filling those positions in a hurry. Most crew are getting £200 - £250 and above plus expenses per day.

Screen shot doesn`t actually say who it is? Or am I missing that? And appears to be out of date, recruiting for the next 2022 season.
Plus it is ad-hoc, so only odd days as and when. Hobby job.

igloo mike:

Interesting trip…which route do you take?

if the weather is ok Brisbane to Moree across to Bourke down to Cobar and the just straight through Broken Hill down to Adelaide otherwise the a39 to West Wyalong then across the b64 to Hay across to Mildura then down to Adelaide. the first route is about 90 minutes shorter each way which when you are being paid by the km and any extra shifts are handed out only when they know you are going to get back it always feels a bit of a race.

igloo mike:
Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

that’s 96 hours per week :open_mouth:

I’m not surprised there’s a driver shortage.

ezydriver:

igloo mike:
Most drivers do 5 hrs driving 1 hr break 5 driving 1 break 4 hrs driving followed by an 8 hour break. You can do that 6 days a week.

Just under £1100 a week in the bank…bet there’s drivers on here who are happy on 48hrs and £550 a week, same wage

Anyway i don’t think he’s saying that’s what he does, it’s just the maximum

RIPPER:

ezydriver:

igloo mike:

Just under £1100 a week in the bank…bet there’s drivers on here who are happy on 48hrs and £550 a week, same wage

Anyway i don’t think he’s saying that’s what he does, it’s just the maximum

To be fair, he says “most drivers”. That’s really depressing if most Aussie drivers are maxed out like that.

Franglais:

pressred:

edd1974:

Conor:

Talking of which

Screen shot doesn`t actually say who it is? Or am I missing that? And appears to be out of date, recruiting for the next 2022 season.
Plus it is ad-hoc, so only odd days as and when. Hobby job.

Here’s the link
.must be new as get a weekly email of local jobs on total jobs this is from there latest jobs on offer

just to clarify that is the maximum you can do but very few drivers would do that everyday. I do that every Monday and Wednesday and most interstate drivers will do it 2 or 3 times a week. in my 4 shifts I average just over 60 hrs work. Monday and Wednesday are about 16 hr days all up Tuesday and Thursday are about 14 hrs spread over.

The rules here are
6 hrs work 15 min break
8.5 hrs work 15 min break
11 hrs work 30 min break
you can not work more than 14 hrs in a 24 hr period
after 84 hrs of work you must have 24 hrs rest
you must have a 48hr break within any 14 day period.

the breaks you take within your working day do not count towards your work hrs.

also the last 7 hours of any working day must be a rest period.

also its no different to the uk there is always extra shifts avalible.

I would give a kidney for a stab at Oz trucking.maybe on a yearly increment basis.What an awesome prospect it would be to explore the vast country.Guess the Chinese will be grabbing these gigs imminently and you would,i imagine,need the clot shot to be considered. :neutral_face: sigh.