Whos on the roads today?!

Just wondered if anyone has been lucky enough to get a day off due to the bad weather? Personally I’m [zb] myself as I’ve never driven a truck in the snow before, should be good fun though!

Ha ha, day off !
Boss needs his profit !
I’m sat near Chiswick M4/406 on a mandatory 45 min break then gotta make my way to Hatfield (& I’ve heard that the North Circular is square wheeled) so gonna try M4 M25. Snows about 2" at the moment. Happy Days !!!

Been told to stay at home, who am I to argue :smiley: I shall be taking the 4x4 out later and making most of the opportunity to take some scenic photos.

Im out tonight on my 200 mile paper round.

chester:
Been told to stay at home, who am I to argue :smiley: I shall be taking the 4x4 out later and making most of the opportunity to take some scenic photos.

Nice 1 Chester, I miss my green laning / off roading days. Used to have a Landy Series 3 and a Suzuki Freewind (semi off-roader that did more offroading than most ‘proper ones’).

Now I’ve gotta try and get a beemer from Ashton Under Lyne to Warrington to start my duty around 2.30pm :open_mouth:

waynedl:
Now I’ve gotta try and get a beemer from Ashton Under Lyne to Warrington to start my duty around 2.30pm :open_mouth:

You should have set off hours ago already :smiley:

id someone say its SNOWING :unamused: theres no real problem driving in snow it’s simple …

Slow down

Leave space

its that simple :grimacing:

It will be nothing like they have predicted its all hype by the media.

On Wednesday the met office said there would be 12 inches but only say this to cover their ■■■ just in case they do get it right so that can say you that you were warned.

day off. Have Camera, winter tyres on car, recovery and emergency gear :wink:

Might go out playing in the snow in a bit…after lunch :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Sat in Ocado Hatfield now (2 hours early)traffic was really light. Snows very fine, bet my lucks gonna change as soon as I leave here heading back to Milton Keynes.

Got today off because I’ve just had a tooth out.

And there was me thinkin you took them all out every night Harry, sorry :wink:

hgvhgv:
Just wondered if anyone has been lucky enough to get a day off due to the bad weather? Personally I’m shi**ing myself as I’ve never driven a truck in the snow before, should be good fun though!

I’m off today luckily and back in tomorrow but hopefully most of the main roads should be clear, been sledding with the missus and kids this morning and great fun was had by all.

I’ve been told that I’m in tonight. Only 3 office staff got in and the day trunk pallets were sent last night in case it was too bad for the lorry to get out. When I pointed out that the snow that would stop the day trunk was the same as I would be driving back in the boss just shrugged :angry:

Me!

Got into the yard this morning for 7am sat in the canteen until 07.30,boss came in and said " nothing going out lads book 8hours" I was on my way home at 07.35 :smiley:. That woud’nt happen when I was a owner driver!

coventry tonight for 9pm, from basildon, could be interesting.
the mrs is doing me extra sarnies, and a nice flask :slight_smile:

chilistrucker:

Leave plenty of time as the roads are ■■■■■ out, took me 6hours to get from sw london to worcester today.

chilistrucker:

i would hate for you to have a nasty flask m8 :laughing:

Saaamon:

chilistrucker:

Leave plenty of time as the roads are [zb] out, took me 6hours to get from sw london to worcester today.

Took me 3hrs to get from bournville to droitwich,Birmingham was completely ■■■■■■!!