Who's Clean?

as in no speeding points on yer licence, I’ve recently reverted to a clean licence (touch wood :confused: ) after 55mph on the A1 in Northumberland a few years ago, but had a near one when I got flashed at 46 on the A556 at Tabley 18 months ago, and plod dropped it when I requested the piccys :sunglasses:

never had aq Point or other on my licence and did always legal :laughing:
Speeding brings nothing and cost just fuel.
red trafficlight is here to safe my Life,so,why shall i go over it?
I am Lorrydriver and not Racingdriver,which will not change solong no one is here to pay me the risk :exclamation:

Never had any points. :sunglasses:

Watch the NIP come through the door now I’ve said that… :open_mouth:

just had 3 points taken off its clean again now :laughing:

Picked up all my points whilst driving for the current firm, and all within the last 18 months :frowning:

I’ve got zero but I’ve also got a bad feeling about this poll…like it’s tempting fate!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I did once have 3 points but that was about 17 years ago.

had 3 points for a parking offence 8 years ago,never sent licence back to get them removed,but the wife washes my licence so it’s clean anyway :laughing:

No points ever…(only through luck though :laughing: )

Only once had points, I remember driving back from Wembley after us (theboro) lost to our 1st League cup final! I had a brand new Merc 190e I drove home about 100mph all the way and had no problems, As soon as I got into the boro and the A174 a local copper pulled me and done me for speeding! Since then a family member has been involved in a fatal crash that involved speeding! I personally don’t speed any more and for good reason!

My licence is clean and it will remain clean for as long as I can drive! And I for one don’t care about speed camera’s don’t speed, you can’t get caught.

A1101, 70 in a 60, in car after work, dead straight Fenland road, not another vehicle in sight front or rear. Van parked in farm entrance, far too late to avoid 3 points for 4 years and the sixty quid.
Almost 63, driving for 45 years and never been done for speeding before, caught by a bloke and his camera, hidden in a van.

Used to have several but it is so long ago that I can’t remember, must be 20 or 30 years. I am determined that at my age I’m not starting on that again so I am most careful not to transgress these days. :unamused:

Salut, David.

I had 6 points in 2000 3 in January and 3 in February an SP30 and an SP20 :frowning::(, its clean now and i,m hoping it stays that way.

Like Big Joe, I was done on the A556 at Tabley 48 in a 40 back in June 2003:( Just where the central reservation finishes on the dual carriageway. Only got the 3 points, hopefully, no more.

OOOOOOOOOhhhhhh this is surely tempting fate!
Mines clean now, it did have 6 on at one point, 3 from the a303 and 3 from the a1 near berwick… both sets from tearing about on RH :unamused:

Got three points from a camera van for a reported 37 in a 30. I was on the bike at the time (last November). There is some very interesting evidence suggesting that the laser used in the majority of vans is not as accurate as first thought when dealing with bikes. Apparently the unit wasn’t tested on bikes during homologation, just cars and trucks. Will await outcome of current court case before deciding whether to appeal. I’ll hold my hands up if I think I’m guilty but having an under tested device out there smacks a little. I didn’t fight it at the time cos, like everybody else I believed what I was told, that those things were accurate.

Clean now :laughing: :laughing: and has been for the last 2 years. Before that had 5 points for 54 in a 40 on the A33 between reading and Basingstoke, got off one lot of camera flashes by claiming I was not driving the van in question at the time - could not remember and it could not be proved!! also got off of one lot that would have cost me my licnce a few years ago, It was a 30 limit dual carrigeway and I got caught by the gun doing 64, which was good as I had come round the corner at well over that, but the nice officer wrote some off my details wrong on the NIP, also the gun the used (LTI 2020) had not been callibrated that day, so after writing to the Chief Inspector and asking for the callibration certificate and the evidence it had been checked that day before and after the officers shift they dropped the prosecution!!! after these events I feel my luck has well and truly been used up so I gave up speeding after that - so far so good :smiley: :smiley:

I have 3 points on my licence which should
be coming off next month. I stick to the speed
limits now and hopefully will not get any more

I have 3 points.

Caught doing 53mph in a 40 zone, just off M18 through Wickersley (into Brecks?) on dual carriageway, courtesy of a traffic cop car at 2.10am on a saturday morning. This was back in the days I was on a [zb] poor salary and used to get my foot down to get the job done quicker. Never again. :unamused:

clean and has been for a long time now.

i had 2 endorsements at 14 on a licence that i couldn’t have until i was 16 for taking without consent.
i picked up another endorsement at 17 for no insurance on a motorbike.
then another endorsement at 18 for speeding in my car.
i got away with at least one more endorsement at 18 for speeding.

Clean at the moment which is a miracle considering I spent a year as a long distance van driver, though I never speeded to any great extent. My long term aim once I get my Class 1 is to re-locate to another EU country or just get another licence where points aren’t given for such menial offences and I can lead my life without the constant worry of losing my livelyhood due to a lapse of concentration which every single one of us does at get caught doing 45 in a 40 for example which is just down to bad luck rather than being a bad driver, at the end of the day I’m only human, not a robot.