Whoops !!

With 1 hour to my next pickup and 50 minutes drive time left I pulled into Woolley Edge for a 45, I didn’t really feel tired so I decided to have a read of my kindle, fast forward 2 hour 45 minutes later when I wake up with my poor kindle somewhere around my feet, in a half asleep hurry I set off, and as I’m driving down the slip road I remembered about the 2 hour rule, so I made a quick phone call to be told by a very sympathetic young lady that I was now £80 poorer :frowning: oh well at least I slept there and not at 56 further down the road :grimacing:

Darb:
With 1 hour to my next pickup and 50 minutes drive time left I pulled into Woolley Edge for a 45, I didn’t really feel tired so I decided to have a read of my kindle, fast forward 2 hour 45 minutes later when I wake up with my poor kindle somewhere around my feet, in a half asleep hurry I set off, and as I’m driving down the slip road I remembered about the 2 hour rule, so I made a quick phone call to be told by a very sympathetic young lady that I was now £80 poorer :frowning: oh well at least I slept there and not at 56 further down the road :grimacing:

is the truck registered to you? :unamused: :open_mouth: BOSS = £80 lighter! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

There’s nothing stopping you paying for parking after you pulled out.

Chance would be a fine thing Fatboy :grimacing:

That’s why I gave them a call Kerbdog but I was informed that the number plate recognition is automatic upon leaving its already in the system :unamused:

:smiley: :smiley:

Just don’t pay it, they’ll send you a few moody letters then they will give up as they know its not worth taking to court. Its only council ones that should be paid.

should have covered your front plate up and removed your trl plate. :smiley:

You can actually get away with the parking fee if you tell them you pulled in for a rest a fell asleep , thats what the service areas are for

OTS:
You can actually get away with the parking fee if you tell them you pulled in for a rest a fell asleep , thats what the service areas are for

On that basis, all overnight stops would be free.

Darb:
Chance would be a fine thing Fatboy :grimacing: That’s why I gave them a call Kerbdog but I was informed that the number plate recognition is automatic upon leaving its already in the system :unamused: :smiley: :smiley:

most of the time it doesn’t pick you up! :open_mouth: went to pay for parking, not picked me up! :sunglasses: :unamused: :open_mouth: :grimacing: :grimacing:

should of gone into see them before you left and told them you broke down. happened to me at toddington and never heard a thing :grimacing:

jonboy

i would ignore all the letters its a criminal matter and not worth worying about.

Why have any “2 hour limits” or anything else like that. The government knows damned well this penalises truckers like no other part of the population.

If trucking is the lifeblood of the country, I wish we could get a government that wasn’t proverbally pumping us full of drugs, followed by blood transfusions all the time.!

Trouble is, we’d need the support of our respective firms to ever move us up in the power stakes. That isn’t the case. Firms bribe governments to leave them alone, and governments have no interest in complying with any wishes of the public workforce “below” that of “firm”. :imp:
So much for democracy. We’ve gone back to being feudal a long time since. :frowning:

Amphetamines work well at saving you parking charges :stuck_out_tongue:

Never paid Toddington all the times Ive overnighted there. its a scandalous ripoff that drivers shouldnt ever be paying.

Winseer:
Why have any “2 hour limits” or anything else like that.

Because if you don’t the likes of Betz use them as operating centers. A 2hr limit ensures some availability of parking throughout the day.

Bobtailvw:
Amphetamines work well at saving you parking charges :stuck_out_tongue:

Never paid Toddington all the times Ive overnighted there. its a scandalous ripoff that drivers shouldnt ever be paying.

I’ve paid parking but I’ve never paid for parking. I’ve always been reimbursed for any parking charges I’ve had to fork out.

Conor:

Winseer:

Because if you don’t the likes of Betz use them as operating centers. A 2hr limit ensures some availability of parking throughout the day.

but a three hour split daily rest■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: it’s a load of bullstein :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: but I’m onto it with Vosa and DfT level! :sunglasses: watch this space! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Conor:

Winseer:

You cant believe thats why they charge for parking? I dont see msa’s across europe full of betz operating out of them, theyre free btw.

As the DVLA has banned local councils etc from obtaining information due to misuse you may be OK

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20642429

I find it somewhat incredible that the dvla can sell your details at all and have wrote to them of late to tell them I will pursue them directly if they sell mine again.

I read somewhere (might have been on here??) that the car park fines/charges cannot actually be followed up. I believe it all relates to the parking operator acting with permission of the land owner. The land owner is the one who is aggrieved by your taking a parking slot for longer than 2 hrs, the land owner is the one who has to bring the complaint to court, not the parking operator who operates a ‘business’, as said, with the land owners permission.

I reckon thats why, if you ignore the notice and follow up threats of court, nothing happens and the fine/charge never gets to court.

…dunno if i’d have the bottle to run it though :sunglasses:

Tazbug