Whoops !!

I had a fine from the local asda generated from the anpr. I told them their contract was with the driver of the vehicle and I didn’t know who was driving it at the time. I also told them I would charge them £20 for my time every time they sent me a letter. Once I sent them a couple of invoices they gave up. I know the smart thing is to ignore them but I’m a wind up merchant.

Bobtailvw:

Conor:

Winseer:
Why have any “2 hour limits” or anything else like that.

Because if you don’t the likes of Betz use them as operating centers. A 2hr limit ensures some availability of parking throughout the day.

You cant believe thats why they charge for parking? I dont see msa’s across europe full of betz operating out of them, theyre free btw.

It’s a sad scenario when we’re not allowed to park in a park because others might want to park in the park but they can’t park there too long either. :imp:

Just general abuse of the industry by the country isn’t it?

This country takes its infrastructure for total granted. Civil wars “cannot happen in good old blighty” can they?
Well, the way the population is changing, I wouldn’t be so sure in the year’s to come. Peace only remains whilst the newcomers themselves are kept satisfied.
At present, that satisfaction comes from the abundance of low-paid jobs. If this recession goes beyond 2018, I won’t hold much store in that either to “keep the peace”. :angry:

starfighter:
I had a fine from the local asda generated from the anpr. I told them their contract was with the driver of the vehicle and I didn’t know who was driving it at the time. I also told them I would charge them £20 for my time every time they sent me a letter. Once I sent them a couple of invoices they gave up. I know the smart thing is to ignore them but I’m a wind up merchant.

So those signs like the ones around Thurrock that say “Police Warning - Automatic Number plate recognition operate in Thurrock” are actually like

“Warning - Pickpockets operate in this area” rather than “ANPR working FOR the police operate in this area” :confused: :confused:

Tazbug:
I read somewhere (might have been on here??) that the car park fines/charges cannot actually be followed up. I believe it all relates to the parking operator acting with permission of the land owner. The land owner is the one who is aggrieved by your taking a parking slot for longer than 2 hrs, the land owner is the one who has to bring the complaint to court, not the parking operator who operates a ‘business’, as said, with the land owners permission.

I reckon thats why, if you ignore the notice and follow up threats of court, nothing happens and the fine/charge never gets to court.

…dunno if i’d have the bottle to run it though :sunglasses:

Tazbug

Even the landowner can’t do a lot, as all their bluster about NIP’s and fines is BS as all they can legally enforce is an invoice, which if you refuse to pay they can do SFA about except take it to the small claims court, which they won’t because all they can add to an invoice when they take it to court is 8% APR interest, which adds up to a few pence on something like a £20 parking ticket and nothing like the £60/£80/£120 they slap on.
They know this so they try a few scarey and official looking letters to see if they can hook people, but if they don’t respond they give up…been there and got the T Shirt, and the letters :grimacing:

I got a ticket years ago on a ‘private road’ off a 3rd party company.

The road wasn’t signed as private at the end like most are, it was a notice on a building.

I told them to do 1, never had another letter off them

Most courts would look at the actual cost of parking and say that to fine someone say, £80 for going 45mins over is unreasonable.

As has been said, I’d ignore it as unless it’s the council or Mr Plod, it’s pretty difficult to enforce and not worth the aggro. They rely on scaring people into paying with ■■■■■■■■ such as ‘£80 now or £180 if you wait more than seven days’

■■■■ 'em… :wink:

starfighter:

Law changed in October and they are now allowed to go after the registered keeper.

They send out around 3 letters increasing in levels of menace and severity. If they have revieved no payment after the third letter, they stop as it becomes too expensive to recover the debt.
My advice, for what its worth is Ignore them, they’re just thieves !
They should be peeled and rolled in salt and vinegar.

done the same at warwick services 2 and a half hours, never heard a thing off that 1, also stayed over at newport pagnell free of charge too, parked up at 7pm decided to watch tele as i wasnt hungry yet so thought i will kill 2 birds with 1 stone, fell asleep on the bunk, got up after 9 off still fully clothed, so i went over had a shower fresh clothes, only when i got onto the m6 i realised i hadnt paid for parking, heard nothing off that 1 either :grimacing:

Conor:
Law changed in October and they are now allowed to go after the registered keeper.

And they still can’t do SFA about it if they insist on adding exorbitant fines to the original parking fee…