Who Uses Seatbelt in Truck?

I see loads of traffic cops on our routes and not one has batted an eyelid YET, my mate said they don’t bother truckers - i might try it tomoz and see how i get on, i did wear it on motorway in high winds though.

I always wear mine apart from today when the wagon I had didnt have them fitted so that stopped me from wearing it

Its the first thing I reach for when I get in the car but I just can’t get into the habit of wearing it in my truck :blush:

As im working door to door (RCV) i dont have to, but i put it on to and from the depot. You start to feel your mortality as you get older!.

I have no problem with wearing seat belts in trucks, but do often forget to put mine on, I think that is because the last truck I had didn’t have belts fitted.

I got fined €90 for not wearing my belt in France a few months ago, and wore it for the rest of that trip, but I seem to have a problem getting into the habit of putting it on.

note to self…must try harder

I always wear the one in my car

I weat a seat belt out on the open road, but tend to do a lot of city driving and find i get better visability without wearing one on city streets, can move about easier.

I wear one in the car even when im in the back as a passenger,But I hardly ever wear it in the truck.

I’ve heard the story of "if he hadnt been wearing his seatbeat he’d be dead,but I’ve also heard it the other way round i.e If he HAD of been wearing it he’d be dead etc,unless thats just another ■■■■■■■■ truckers tale/cliche.

who knows?

always!!!

LOVE the guinea pig Mixer-driver :laughing: I always wear mine : :slight_smile:

tobytyke:
Just wondered how many of you use a seatbelt in yer lorry ? do u use it all time, most of the time, not at all, out of interest thats all. I don’t - mainly as im in and out , partly because others don’t too if i’m honest.

try using the search button, as this subject has been discussed many times

smithy39:
LOVE the guinea pig Mixer-driver :laughing: I always wear mine : :slight_smile:

You always wear your Guinea Pig?!?!?

/…

1. Most of the time in a car, although the static seat belts drive me mad.
  2. NEVER, when I was taxi driving.
  3. Sometimes when driving vans. (Got a ticket for taking it easy in a transit - 60mph lane 1 - in fairly light traffic on the M40 north before J2)
  4. Alway in a lorry or bus…so far.
  5. NEVER on a motorcycle :smiley:

I believe in the idea of “risk perception” - A belted driver compensates for lower risk by driving like a bigger idiot. Belts and crumple zones don’t do it for me. Having a good view (slim pillars, plenty of glass) and good awareness is much more useful - so primary safety features to me are more important than secondary ones.

My MAIN objective is to get somewhere without crashing in the first place.

I always wear one in my car these days, but mainly because seat belt design is better and more adjustable. Not being that tall older cars used to find seat belt was sitting around about my neck and always though even a lowish speed crash do i want all those forces going across my neck.

I do! also a mate of mine whos a fireman strongly advised it and obviously hes at the other end trying to find wear the driver is once hes been dispatched through the screen .with the police or vosa they only have to pull along side you on the motorway not even pull you over to CHECK dog clip, nice bright red seatbelt, smokeing, phone and speed. Easy nick

I wear mine all the time as it stops me hurting myself on the handbrake when I nod off. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No seriously, I wear mine all the time. I feel safer and more confident with it on especially on a busy road.

ROG:
Single - no ties - no family - no mates - no bother with seatbelt

Partner - kids - sister/brother - parents - mates - again, no bother with seatbelt - wont be here to suffer - they can all suffer instead

Obviously not a very good LGV Instructor if you fail to ensure that your trainees observe the law at all times !!!

I am assuming that you aren’t a hypocrite and you don’t insist on your trainees doing something you aren’t prepared to do yourself.

Always , just second nature to me .
Keys in , belt on , drive, and not a bad thing tbh

always in car
only if windy or dodgy situation in truck

Always