Who Uses Seatbelt in Truck?

Just wondered how many of you use a seatbelt in yer lorry ? do u use it all time, most of the time, not at all, out of interest thats all. I don’t - mainly as im in and out , partly because others don’t too if i’m honest.

ME and my trainees - ALL THE TIME - for SAFETY & to be LEGAL

always use it… unless reversing…

1. its the law

2. safety…

Always even though im in and out all day. Reason simple seen one guy die as a result of not wearing one. If he had had it on he would be here today. He went forward as front windscreen pillar came backwards you can guess the rest.
Ok in certain cases you may be better off without one on in an accident but personally I stay with mine ta.

I wear my belt all the time when i’m driving, I only take it off when I arrive at a drop to make it easier to reverse etc.

Always here too , not only for saftey , if were seen without on any public road by a gaffer it’s an instant dismissal.

Oh and it’s the law :wink:

Single - no ties - no family - no mates - no bother with seatbelt

Partner - kids - sister/brother - parents - mates - again, no bother with seatbelt - wont be here to suffer - they can all suffer instead

I always wear mine except for reversing.

I insist on doing everything in my power to stay legal in all aspects of my work.

Many truckers still have this belief though that the seatbelt laws don’t apply to them though. Seems to be a lot of ignorance on this one.

I usualy wear mine, especially here in Spain - its bloody dangerous, elsewhere it depends how I feel on the day/night. And no I couldnt give a fig wether its law or not, I wear it for me, NOT because somebody says I have to.

Always, and always will…

However, I don’t when in town centres (close drops/<20mph/pedestrian areas), had a pc tell me to put mine on once, but as I was only moving 60/70 metres I ignored her, I got a ticking off but she understood.

I always wear my seatbelt…feel naked without it. (sometimes a seatbelt is all I’m wearing :open_mouth: :wink: ).

I always (and I will when I start driving trucks) wear a seatbelt. I very rarely take it off. I even kept it on reversing the training truck yesterday. I think I would only take it of if I was doing a awkward reverse.

This is why I will always wear one. This happend today. The driver suvived but only rolled because a white van cut him up, he had to take avasive action and rolled the wagon. According to his boss who was on the scene he only suffered cuts and bruises and was only slightly winded by the seatbelt.

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08134/cr_rear1878.jpg

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08134/cr_front1487.jpg

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08134/cr_front2253.jpg

http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08134/cr_front3526.jpg

End of the day, in my opinion, it is up to you if you where them or not. As long as it does not risk anybody elses life then the choice is yours.

Cheers

N B

P.S. I only took the pictures when I knew full well that nobody was seriously hurt, and nobody was still inside. If someone was or had died I would not have taken them.

P.P.S. I have changed the images to links due to some people having to scroll to read other post (pics to wide). Sorry about that.

Traz:
always use it… unless reversing…

1. its the law

2. safety…

same as yourself. :sunglasses:

Not at all.

I always wear the seat belt and take it off if I need to.

i wear it religiously in the car, but have been known to occasionally clip it on in truck if the weather is bad, so I guess its seldom worn.

Used to wear mine all time in car but got out of habit when i started driving and then could not get back into habbit!!! This new Scania beeps though when you don’t so i wear it all the time now which isgood, Someone suggested to run it behind me and plug it in so i don’t have to wear it the other day!!!

last truck i had belt seatbelt uncomfortable to point of being a distraction, new truck i have i dont know i have it on it,s like a car

A word of warning to all - a driver at our place has had an NIP from Northumbria Police for not wearing his seat belt and it came in the same form of a speeding NIP with the vehicle reg number and a request to the company for the driver details - they are watching you :open_mouth:

russjp:
A word of warning to all - a driver at our place has had an NIP from Northumbria Police for not wearing his seat belt and it came in the same form of a speeding NIP with the vehicle reg number and a request to the company for the driver details - they are watching you :open_mouth:

If it was from the South Shields traffic section,it wouldn’t have been my brother-in-law who spotted the driver,as he hasn’t a clue about anything transport related. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.