Who is the oldest

as it says
how old r u
who as been driving the most
i have only been driving 3 year
lets hear from vetrans!!

I’m 24 I don’t think I’m gonna win, but I’ll get my bid in early. :laughing:

Edit: experience: started on a trade counter when I was 17, got another job where I then did sales and deliveries, then went on to another firm just as a driver cos I liked that better…all plumbers merchants and 3.5t vans. That ended when I moved away and since then I’ve got a class 2 (last august) and done periods of agency and unemployment.

37, been driving since 18(Ford Cargo) at 21, then got THE licence, never looked back, still loving it :smiley: :smiley: and i know im just a pup on here as well as you .
Keep on Truckin" :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

45, 21 years driving trucks 18 as class 1. Never mind Andyroo thinking he won’t win, I really hope I don’t. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

46 and driving trucks for 26 of them. I only got my class 1 in 91 though.

I beat you on total time Coffee, but you are up n me for time on artics. I’m still not the oldest driver in here though.

I started driving proffesionally at 13, on farm tractors, does that count■■? :laughing:

60 and driving since I was 17 (I started on motorbikes at 16, a BSA Bantam!!).
43 years, thats frightening!

I started on heavy recovery for a firm in Bradford, a Scammell with winches front and back and a crane with its own engine.

:smiley: 35 :smiley:
(Almost!) 3 years HGV. Just starting then!
Yeah, come on you veterans! Roll out your wheelchairs and 'fess up!

Aw…you guys are making me jealous. Can’t you cut down the years a bit? Just for me? :unamused:

Simon:
I started driving proffesionally at 13, on farm tractors, does that count■■? :laughing:

Come to think of it :arrow_right: NO! :imp: NO! :imp: NO ! I won’t allow it! :imp:
But 10 out of 10 for showing off :wink:
You ■■■■! :imp:

Simon:

By heck no!! I started at 9 driving a Stanley Steamer round the yard, had to shovel the coal too… :wink:

im 37,
class 3 since 1986,class 1 since 1988 :wink:

58 years old. Driving since 1969 HGV since 1973. My first truck was a Atkinson Borderer with 180bhp Gardener engine. After 3 months got promoted to a 190 bhp Volvo F86. All ropes and sheets no curtainsiders and an awful lot of handballing. Come to think of it work is easier now but feels harder because the old bones ache a lot more.

Regards
Westie

37; class 2 in 1988 and class 1 in 1990.

I can’t be old because I still get the same kinda ‘buzz’ as I did when I were a nipper watching ‘big trucks’ drive past. :wink:

I can’t be old because I was told “You’re as old as the woman you feel!” and my wife is 10 years younger than me!! :confused:

I might be old because I ache all of the time!! :open_mouth:

I might be old because I think of my pension and retiring often! :unamused:

33 years old had my class 2 for 15 years still not made my mind up about getting class 1

Oh and im proud to say i have never paid for a single lesson or test yet :open_mouth: :sunglasses:

simon

Simon:

of course it does :wink: but I was 12 when I learnt to drive one of these

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and 43 later this week :wink:

Happy Birthday for later in the week Denis.

I am 32, and have been driving professionally for 3 and a half years, class 2 for 2 and a half.

This is not a very nice question :cry:

Aged 47, started driving a Fiat caravan transporter to Germany 30 years ago. Class 3 and Class 1 when I was 21

Unofficially I drove a Leyland Mastiff and an F86 on Hull docks when I was 15, I got caught by the transport police when I almost knocked one off his bike :blush:

Wheel Nut:
This is not a very nice question :cry:

Aged 47, started driving a Fiat caravan transporter to Germany 30 years ago. Class 3 and Class 1 when I was 21

Unofficially I drove a Leyland Mastiff and an F86 on Hull docks when I was 15, I got caught by the transport police when I almost knocked one off his bike :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: …fpmsl

oh i,m 42 and feeling it

Am 33 and started driving Class 2’s at 17, are exempt having to be 21 for HGV when in forces, and bendys in November last year.

So still a young newbie, but a happy one :smiley: :smiley:

41 in August,(God I feel old!!!) and started in the industry when I was 11.

Driving Leyland FG550’s on the road :open_mouth: :open_mouth: When I was 14,drove 7.5 tonners when I was old enough to do legally,took my class 2 in 91,and then my class 1 in 95.

Ken.