Who Is Paying For Your Driver CPC ? (Poll)

Just curious as the ‘big wigs’ up stairs think all the drivers at my work should fund it themselves even though the transport manager thinks the company should pay (its ongoing training afterall ). Any other training in the company eg forklifts, computers etc is payed for so whats the difference with the Driver CPC ?

digging into my pocket tried talking to the company but its the usual deaf ear …

i’m getting government funding to pay for mine. at least i think i am! if not, i’ll have to pay myself cause the boss is tighter than a tight thing that’s just been voted tightest ever thing! :laughing:

One firm I know is paying for it but if you leave then you will have to pay £80 per unit of training you have had. Bearing in mind that it is ongoing, how much would you owe if you left after ten years? Is it a ploy to stop drivers changing jobs?

timmo:
i’m getting government funding to pay for mine. at least i think i am! if not, i’ll have to pay myself cause the boss is tighter than a tight thing that’s just been voted tightest ever thing! :laughing:

Thats pretty tight does he squeek when he walks !

waddy640:
One firm I know is paying for it but if you leave then you will have to pay £80 per unit of training you have had. Bearing in mind that it is ongoing, how much would you owe if you left after ten years? Is it a ploy to stop drivers changing jobs?

I think the problem is that so many companies are going to leave to the last moment that driver who have a DCPC will be head hunted and companies that bit the bullet and paid for it will be left out of pocket while other companies take thier drivers.

The bloke I’ve been working for is expecting to be paying for his drivers DCPC, but he worked out the cost and went pale. :open_mouth:
I’ve had an idea that could halve the cost he has to pay for training, it’s by booking courses and filling them himself, the companies too small to fill a course on thier own and actually have truck on the road, but the haulage companies round here all seem to work together, so if we can book the course and fill the remaining places with drivers from other companies it would greatly reduce the cost per person.

Can an employer claim the course against tax?

The governments paying for mine. You can claim it back off your tax as it is essential training for you to continue working so the government will pay. If your not self employed there is still a form you can get (not sure of the number) and if you are an employer and you pay for your employees you can claim theirs back too. Talk to business link, the lady I spoke to was really helpful.

My truck insurance company, did my first seven hours back in july. I had to take the truck for the day as part of the course was 30 mins with a driver trainer travelling a set route, I got the impression it was a way for the insurance co to assess the driving skills of its customers…sneaky :exclamation:

i’m doing extra modules on my adr next week to cover it, paid for by the boss. not sure if he realises though :smiley:

our place is paying for it, rather generous i thought till i found out that the boss has set up a cpc training company so other folks can pay the costs while we get it for free

Asked my boss about it last week and he was goin on about gettin it done wiv ADR Course :confused: :question: Ive got a feeling they are gona get out of paying for it and it will be left down to ourselves to sort it out :imp: To be honest i cant be arrised doin it and will probably jack this game in when it becomes compulsery. :cry:

I am paying for mine as I am an agency driver

But if you are self employed you can claim it on your company expenses due to it being training as well as claiming the tax & poss VAT back if you are registered

BIGRIG:
Asked my boss about it last week and he was goin on about gettin it done wiv ADR Course :confused: :question: Ive got a feeling they are gona get out of paying for it and it will be left down to ourselves to sort it out :imp: To be honest i cant be arrised doin it and will probably jack this game in when it becomes compulsery. :cry:

Same.

Except, my boss had a course with a space free a few weeks ago, phoned me on the Friday and asked if I fancied doing it, so I said sure.

Felt really bad about wasting my Saturday with the waste of time in a bloody classroom getting told absolutely NOTHING I didn’t already know, then got stung for a £60 bill going out of my wages, boss said it’s for the dCPC, I said if he’d told me that, I wouldnt’ have done it.

Can’t do ■■■■ all about it now, but I won’t do any more of them.

A friend works for a bus company, and they’ve been taking it out of the drivers wages too, quite a big firm in mcr, but not the major players.

I think, when there’s no bloody drivers in 4 yrs (3 for PCV), then there’ll be a massive change of policy regarding this TAX!

the company are paying for all our drivers , they really don’t want to be in a situation where the bell tolls & drivers have left it too late . unsure what happens to drivers who leave as to wether they have to pay anything back

Company is doing it “in house”,but they won`t take it off our annual hours allocation(Paid a salary for 1902 hours work p.a.).Probably a fair enough result all round.

Work have got the JAUPT accreditation so doing it all in house one session per year, I got 21 hours from when I put myself through my ADR, just done a session at work, they couldn’t accommodate training us in the week, so asked us if we’d go in on a Sunday, got paid for it too, double bubble, everyone’s a winner :smiley:

No boss has the right to take anything from your wages,consult your union,or reverse into his car!

alamcculloch:
No boss has the right to take anything from your wages,consult your union,or reverse into his car!

That sounds about right, taking 60 quid in a lump sum sounds like he needs a little chat wiv someone, if you are paying for it yerself, a tenner a month seems a fairer way, it is for their benefit, we can still drive a lorry without a dcpc for the next 20 years, just not commercially. but if a part timer wants to drive a horsebox or a race transporter on a weekend that is allowed. :confused:

Stobarts also in house :wink:
Done 7 hours last February and due to do some 2011 if i’m still working for them :grimacing:

BUMP