Who Is Paying For Your Driver CPC ? (Poll)

Employers paying for mine, done SAFED already and the firm claimed back the cost. TM is doing courses to train us and I think it’s going to be done when our trucks are in for a service/MOT.

Havent done any courses as yet but when I eventually get round to it the boss will be paying.

Im a small transport co, with ten of us working here, a nice small family co, i organised two training days on sat for the boys and told them if they wanted to do it, i would pay and then take it out of there wages over a month if they wanted, 7 guys turned up and 3 didnt bother, those who teurned up i actually paid for allof there training, those who didnt , well its there own lookout now…When the other 3 heard they wasnt happy !

I retire in August 2014 Phew…No worries here…

We are paying for our drivers DCPC.

The company is paying for my training but the 3 days that i have done already havent cost us a penny, kind of.
The 1st day was free due to me taking my cat C. The other 2 were from my cat c+e training so i killed 2 birds with one stone. Got my next day booked for next month so i am hoping i can get it all done by the end of the year.

Welsh assembly paid for mine as i was made redundant last year.

Hi i am new on here i drive a 18 ton skip truck which i have been doing for about 7 years now.

My boss is paying for the first module but we have to pay for the rest, we have to sit the course on a Saturday and won`t be paid for it.

Archie

If I had the dosh, I would pay for it. Since nobody else is likely to pay, thats one less British driver in the industry :slight_smile:

Tiger.

animal:
I am paying for mine as I am an agency driver

I`m seriously looking at doing mine in the near future.

animal:
But if you are self employed you can claim it on your company expenses due to it being training as well as claiming the tax & poss VAT back if you are registered

At least thats 2 things I can count on …

On another note, those who are paying for it out of their own pockets … how much per unit is it costing you? so I can figure out regionally whos doing it for the cheapest price As a local firm are asking £108 per unit, but a mate recently paid £60. Whether that includes the DSA registration fee Ill have to check.

peirre:
On another note, those who are paying for it out of their own pockets … how much per unit is it costing you? so I can figure out regionally whos doing it for the cheapest price As a local firm are asking £108 per unit, but a mate recently paid £60. Whether that includes the DSA registration fee Ill have to check.

This site advertises one of the most expensive in that of the “Big Train” :arrow_right: £116.33 for seven hours.

Look around you can get it for as little as £50 including the upload fee :unamused:

My 1st 7hrs cost me £55 which included a very nice lunch & as much tea/coffee to drink as I would like

This was done through 1 of my agency s

But some comp here are charging more think its about £100 ish per unit or £450 for full week

As I’m paying for my own I,ve recently been busy with the phone and I’ve found a company that does them in Wakefield for £55 + a £8 upload fee. I spoke to the bossman there and they’ll either do it at their office or if there are gonna be enough attendees they will travel to your place of business. You can check their details at www.olmc.eu

BUMP (last time).
Thanks.

i’m not doing it. if they arrest me for driving without it, then so be it.

limeyphil:

thats a good point actually, is this going to be something else vosa’ll have your pants down for? They’ll be rubbing their bloody hands together :imp:

we had a days tuition paid by the company but only because a few of us had raised the question of ADR and the propane bottles we sometimes carry, im waiting to see if they will pay any further, still trying to find out

darkseeker:

limeyphil:

thats a good point actually, is this going to be something else vosa’ll have your pants down for? They’ll be rubbing their bloody hands together :imp:

No as if you dont have it you cant drive so no job

My company told us that they have got a deal with a company where they put us through a NVQ in truck driving(!) and that company then provides free driver CPC training. Seems too good to be true but the NVQ rubbish starts this week.