Who has best looking fleet or best livery?

morrisons supermarket wagons. ha ha ha. they always make me think of funerals they look very very ugly

I’ll go for Ralph Davies as well, always a head turner with their nice volvo’s and the simple signage. Classy colouring, superp design !
Raven Express logistics, is another one of the companies with a simplistic design. Again eye catching dark lories with a nice silver writing in a hand written style.

Lots of other nicely coloured trucks out there, McFairlane (if that’s the right spelling) being one of them.

■■
Jo

shirleys tank transport or peter blinns transcontinental

I actually like the new Somerfield trailers… But the unit’s need to catch up… All the new ones are silver…■■?

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

:smiley: has much i agree the above are all great looking ,you cant beat robert wisemans lorries, that has to be the most easerly reconised livery in the uk. just a pity they didnt up grade the fleet.
plenty of old volvo’s that do 0-55 in 3 days.

milk tastes great?.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ragtop:
I actually like the new Somerfield trailers… But the unit’s need to catch up… All the new ones are silver…■■?

Luv

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

TNT are as instantly recognisable as any. Orange & White and three letters - simple and very effective company branding. J&J Ormerod run a fleet of smart Scania Topliners based in Rossendale. Pollock is my favourite… Too many new truck operators make their trucks look dull with old liveries or colours that don’t go well together. I suppose it boils down to taste.

Ragtop:

Luv

I actually like their new silver units,- but they don’t really go with those toilet coloured trailers !
The silver would be very nice with some coal gray or black writing/graphic.

■■
Jo

Do you still work out of ross Chrissie ?
I was there last night tipping from United Bisquit. Very nice goods-in bloke :wink:

■■
Jo

Does anyone know of a company from Nantwich (I think) called Delphic. Their trucks were always very smart but I don’t think they had many. maybe 2 or 3.

My ex employer had quite a decent set up, silver superspaced Merc Actrosses with black vinyled writing on. Black step trailers and Pallex logo on silver curtains. Used to reflect the sun like tinfoil. Sorry if we blinded anyone :laughing:. I’ll have twist someone’s arm and get a photo :wink:. Used to use the decent wagons on the trunk to the hub. Everyone else got the [zb] stuff :laughing:.

On this topic im split down the middle, as much as I like a plain clean tidy looking truck, I also really like modern, spotlighted, airbrushed, chromed and stacked wagons, and there is no shortage of them here in N Ireland!

There is a pic on the first page of this topic of Mulgrew European. 10 yers ago he was running 40s pulled by 93m Scanias, how he has come on. His Toplines and Super Space cabs look fantastic!

When they were new, Gault Transports Tga’s looked the part, although they need replacing now, funny really because 5 yrs ago he was running scrap, and i mean usin lorries he was actually transorting to be broken up (from Dominic croziers).

Another Haulier from south armagh that springs to mind is Anduff International, when I was a kid, my uncle drove for Pete Mc Creesh and running out of meadows freight in Swords, Co Dublin, went all over Europe on a Danzas Contract.

The now defunct Miller Transport ran some very nice Centurions during the nineties, some of these can still be seen smoking up and down the motorways of the UK>

These are just some of the companies I can think of that havent been mentioned already, I like Tinnellys Scanias, Barlines wagons and Hannon. One more springs to mind and that is McGoewn, green and white Dafs and Toplines covering the continent!

Regards

Kev

Newbie:
Does anyone know of a company from Nantwich (I think) called Delphic. Their trucks were always very smart but I don’t think they had many. maybe 2 or 3.

I’ve only ever seen the odd one too. I believe they do long-distance European work to places like Italy, etc.

The Corby Chilled motors are very smart also the CS Ellis wagons from South Luffenham, Rutland. . The 2005 2nd half Corgi model’s have just been listed & some very smart wagons. 81.3.77.39/models/Categories.asp … alf%202005

Hi Deaks, Your right, it is in Luxembourg where I spotted them. The drivers were good lads and we had a few beers together. They were on the way to Italy then.

JB:
thorburn international had some cracking smart motors in there day. big v8 scanias with stacks on.

I saw one of their Scanny toplines going round the M25 yesturday and they still look as good as ever JB. I thought they’d gone under a couple of years ago but it looks like they are still going. :confused:

:smiley: Favorite=Every lorry with any (here comes the technical bit) KERRR-CHING! BLING! BLING! spotlights attatched. I love that look! But switched on and heading my way, turns them into swear words! :laughing:

BryanH:

JB:
thorburn international had some cracking smart motors in there day. big v8 scanias with stacks on.

I saw one of their Scanny toplines going round the M25 yesturday and they still look as good as ever JB. I thought they’d gone under a couple of years ago but it looks like they are still going. :confused:

Very often I see one of their V8 Toplines heading south down the M6 around J15-J16 around 2-2.30pm. If I had all the money in the world, my truck would look exactly like the tri-axle one of theirs I saw this week with stacks and polished fuel tank.

The new Hanbury Davies livery is nice.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Newbie:

Yep - Italian work.
Personally, I wouldn’t touch them with a barge-pole.
I had an interview there a while ago, and they didn’t like the idea that I ran legal.
Just 'cos a firms got nice kit - don’t mean they’re any good.