Who has a safe job?

The way things are going at the moment who reckons their job is safe and why… :question: :question:

deffo not me!!! delivering new cars!

not me, i just got made redundent today.

oh well.

ME :laughing:

Why? Because I’m a good boy who does what he’s told and doesn’t ■■■■ the TM about like a lot of the others do lol

Sitting ok for now on agency contract in the food game so as long as you keep eating crisps I’m ok

Plumbing trade is still ticking over :slight_smile: , not as busy as last year I hear, but boiler failures, warm front grants and peeps improving rather than moving are keeping it going.

New build side of it is dead :frowning: affecting many other trades :frowning:

I feel fairly secure, working for a mail order distribution company.
As things get tight more people buy on credit from catalogues.

I’m a casual relief/weekend driver. Usually work w/ends or sometimes Fri - Sun.

I’ve worked 1 w/end out of 3 recently :cry:

I deliver Bricks and Blocks…At the moment we are ok but the subbies are

not doing too well, I do believe some have been laid off.

But we are taking delivery of some new 8 wheelers next month :open_mouth:

The site work is very quiet but the merchants are ok …just, also The DIY stores

are quite bouyant at the moment, might get better next week as it’s half term.

Lets all hope and pray that the fuel prices continue going down.

Spoke to a friend who has a couple of trucks on scrap and he is really

struggling, he said the price has gone down from £140 per ton to

£20 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: He has laid 2 drivers off this week, he has no idea what

he is doing next week.

Me!!!
Why? Im a bus driver :laughing:

Deliver for local builders merchants, going well at the mo, got to cut back on O/T pretty soon :open_mouth:

Not me, 80% of our work is distributing concrete lintels for the building industry and our main customer has now mothballed two out of the three sheds and laid half of the workforce off…

They only have one business rival in the UK (Stressline) and they are in a similar position.

We are just clinging on.

me unemployed and still looking only thing that is safe.lol

THings not looking good for me, being made redundant 3 wks time
i have a few interviews lined up but there aint much about in a fulltime
job,might have to try the agencies.

Essentially,

We’re all DOOMED!

Who has a safe job :question: = The Queen :slight_smile:

Well my job is safe and secure…but that’s only cause no one wants it. :confused: :laughing:

Not me, got made redundant 3 weeks ago, but got some agency to tide me over. A report in today’s Financial Times (it’s what we unemployed read :wink: :wink: ) gives an idea of how bad things are - At Volvo in the last 3 months orders were matched by cancellations, so net truck sales were only 115, down from 41970 the previous year. :exclamation: :exclamation: That’s quite a drop.

Supermarket trollies is the way to go.People still have to eat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i am not to sure either we allready been told the workshop might close next year if things dont pick up…got 12 trucks stood up doing not much.