Who gets pulled the most?

just curious who gets pulled the most, And how many warnings, fines, or prosecutions you’ve had.
are you a tramper, day driver, night driver, work for an Irish firm, a foreign firm, European driver, Events, municipal, supermarket.
or any i’ve missed.

I’ve usually worked for Northern Irish companies, I’ve been pulled so many times it’s pretty ridiculous. The average is once every two weeks. I’ve had two fines which were false accusations, They were both dropped without any court action.

one of the annoying things is, If i was prosecuted a few times out of the couple of hundred times i’ve been pulled, Then i’d probably be classed as high risk. However, not getting caught for anything dosn’t account for [zb] all.
Would someone getting pulled 4 times, and prosecuted twice be classed as the same risk?

Try my work, I’m working overnight (usually 10pm-4/6am), driving an plain white Transit 3.5 Tonne Luton. Never anything wrong as it’d be pretty stupid too when we get this much attention, but just the usual Police checks.

Average is about twice a week, my record was 8 in 6 days!

dew:
Try my work, I’m working overnight (usually 10pm-4/6am), driving an plain white Transit 3.5 Tonne Luton. Never anything wrong as it’d be pretty stupid too when we get this much attention, but just the usual Police checks.

Average is about twice a week, my record was 8 in 6 days!

[zb], that’s out of order.
where do you drive? are you doing donuts outside buckingham palace?

Cover all of ■■■■■■■■ try not to do anything too stupid because they’re usually not too far away…

I’ve driven all sorts since I passed HGV test in 1980. Never been pulled, stopped or looked at by any enforcement agency, ever. Days, nights , vans to c&e carried all sorts of loads and never been stopped. Even at breakdowns or flats and the usual agencies turn up never even got out their vehicles.
If it starts now I will not be happy.

Slackbladder:
I’ve driven all sorts since I passed HGV test in 1980. Never been pulled, stopped or looked at by any enforcement agency, ever. Days, nights , vans to c&e carried all sorts of loads and never been stopped. Even at breakdowns or flats and the usual agencies turn up never even got out their vehicles.
If it starts now I will not be happy.

how can i put this without being offensive?
[zb] off. :laughing:

Just the one ADR check for me, nothing too exciting!

limeyphil:
just curious who gets pulled the most, And how many warnings, fines, or prosecutions you’ve had.
are you a tramper, day driver, night driver, work for an Irish firm, a foreign firm, European driver, Events, municipal, supermarket.
or any i’ve missed.

I’ve usually worked for Northern Irish companies, I’ve been pulled so many times it’s pretty ridiculous. The average is once every two weeks. I’ve had two fines which were false accusations, They were both dropped without any court action.

one of the annoying things is, If i was prosecuted a few times out of the couple of hundred times i’ve been pulled, Then i’d probably be classed as high risk. However, not getting caught for anything dosn’t account for [zb] all.
Would someone getting pulled 4 times, and prosecuted twice be classed as the same risk?

You should keep a record of times and dates . Then complain about harrasment.

Since I started commercial driving 40 years ago I have been stopped by the police 6 times,and by the Ministry Of Transport/Vosa 5 times.
I got a mild telling off for being 300kg overweight on a six axle artic at the Ainley Top checkpoint. A GV9issued for defective trailer brakes on a checkpoint on the A57 near Lincoln. I was stopped on the dirty dozen near Copdock for speeding and only got a strange admonishment from a lovely old suffolk copper on a motorbike, and thats a funny story in itself:) apart from that the rest were only stops for the usual checks and nothing found wrong.
You may refer to me as Dudley Do-right :wink:

Kerry Katona, cos she’s a slapper :smiley:

24 yrs back drove grab tipper, BRAND NEW, good pay ,sweet hours, downside?, it had obvious Irish name on it, N/London herts area.

Now if you want ‘‘persecution’’ this is the route to go,{english btw}, dread to be in an irish plated motor, bad enough with english plates, how many times did I get pulled, what weekly? or daily?

===========================================================================================

Done the same as well,driving a lovely green grab but if i had a quid for every time i was pulled and usually breathalysed…

Never failed either.

Once by the police on the A1M Peterborough at 2am for a random tacho check (think they were bored and he was training his fellow officer) and tugged once into Vosa at Grantham as I went past the test centre, both were no problem, not bad in 13 years huh :slight_smile:

Waitrose
Morrissons

Since driving for 6years I was pulled twice in my 1st week of passing, once @ Stirling Weighbridge (Cards were taken as I was P/T driving for a small company driving various vehicles and VOSA man couldnt understand this), the same week I was stopped at Southwaite N/B - Nowt happened, quick check of trailer and away… Since then I will have had 2 other employers inc my current 1 Manfreight. With this lot I have been pulled 3 times in 4 years, 1 x Risby (Bury ST Edmunds) in for about 40mins whilst everything was checked - 100% card wise, few niggly things with trailer… 1 x Carlisle, this time both cards/lorry & trailer 100% and the other time was just out of home territory @ Castle Kennedy, was a bit like a McDs drive-thru, straight in/out as they know we lift trailers from harbour and were local lads where as theyd be looking out for the boys coming off the boat who then start new cards from the harbour…

So all in all in 6 years driving 5 tugs and all clean health… I either dont do owt or good at what im doing… :laughing:

Well, you’ll probably all hate me for saying this but ESL rarely get pulled.

I was directed by a sign into a checkpoint on the A55, and waived straight out again!
Ok, I had a then brand new unit & trailer, but still could have had a few dodgy tacho infringements…

They said they were “after the sheds & the foreigners”…
Make of that what you no doubt will! :slight_smile:

My dad has an old N reg daf 150 rigid. The vosa guys at aston on th m6 used to pull him in there pretty much once a week … They knew him by name in the end and never used to be arsey to him but he was annoyed about it. Funnily enough he now avoids that stretch of motorway. He’s got nothing to hide just fed up of losing 20-30 minutes on his local jobs.
His record was 18 times in 3 months, 100% clear

i seem to get pulled once a week, doesnt matter who’s bloody truck I’m driving, they seem to just know I’m Irish. And thats in Australia :confused:

Spent about 5 years driving for a couple of Dutch outfits…pulled by VOSA about 7 or 8 times at various checkpoints…always looking for evidence of magnets :open_mouth: …they do love pulling those lovely yellow front number plated vehicles :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Not been pulled once since going back to British hauliers about 4 years ago :smiley:

roughyed:
Kerry Katona, cos she’s a slapper :smiley:

+1^^^^ lol