Who else has a preserved HGV on here?

Piston broke:

This is mine. Pic taken in 2016. Not old compared to others around but fairly rare now…

Bought in 2015 to stop her being exported so she’s now enjoying a well=earned retirement after 20 years of hard graft

Very nice. Did a fair few miles in them with Owens and then BOCM. Still see the odd one about round here on plant or farm work.

I am half owner of this. I used to drive it in the mid sixties

Screenshot (8).png

truckworld:

The shell of a V8 AEC. I have to admire you brave souls restoring this stuff. That’s going to be a lorry that’ll last for a very long time if it’s on its 2nd restoration. Good work! What’s the gearbox, by the way, an AEC D236, D250 or even a D273? Or a retro-fitted Fuller? Or just a pneumocylic semi-auto?

Les

My two Bedfords, a KM 466 on the left and the other is a TK 1630 with a 500 ph1.

View from beside a nice warm radiator, few jobs to finish off on the latest project, or another brew :wink:

2 sugars in mine love…

2368B3D8-6B7A-4CA1-AA32-371C593FA738.jpeg

steelboyf10:
View from beside a nice warm radiator, few jobs to finish off on the latest project, or another brew :wink:

2 sugars in mine love…

Very nice. Drove a few of the older FM’s back in the day but never an FH. Preferred the older ones as you had the two overhead storage lockers which disappeared on the later ones as they put the tacho and radio there. Mirrors were better too.

I have done a few it’s like a drug you do one and your planing your next :smiley:
I started with a ERF LV
Mandator V8 which we ran for a while
Foden S41 ex ESSO
SCANIA 80
Scania 81
Volvo F86
Bedford TK
D 700
BMC
Atki Borderer all gone now some still about in new colours and now
VOLVO F10
Scania 143
SCANIA 112 just finished
Scania 111 daycab just painted yesterday

mrken:
I have done a few it’s like a drug you do one and your planing your next :smiley:
I started with a ERF LV
Foden S41 ex ESSO
SCANIA 80
Scania 81
Volvo F86
Bedford TK
D 700
BMC
VOLVO F10
Scania 143
SCANIA 112 just finished

Can’t fault you. Addictive lorry preservation keeps an awful lot of punters happy at events. :sunglasses:

mrken:
I started with a ERF LV
Foden S41 ex ESSO
SCANIA 80
Scania 81
Volvo F86
Bedford TK
D 700
BMC
VOLVO F10
Scania 143
SCANIA 112 just finished

All painted in ELSTRAN livery ?

justpassing:

mrken:
I started with a ERF LV
Foden S41 ex ESSO
SCANIA 80
Scania 81
Volvo F86
Bedford TK
D 700
BMC
VOLVO F10
Scania 143
SCANIA 112 just finished

Nope only 6 less than half

mrken:

justpassing:

mrken:
I started with a ERF LV
Foden S41 ex ESSO
SCANIA 80
Scania 81
Volvo F86
Bedford TK
D 700
BMC
VOLVO F10
Scania 143
SCANIA 112 just finished

Nope only 6 less than half

Is the 111 still in Russel Davies colours?

On the home straight with this.
IMG_1637 (Phone).jpg
The back story is here: trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=152671

m.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Krtdk0A … luZw%3D%3D

Those that have this will make you cry

I was half owner of this beauty for a long time, now it’s owned solely by Iain Wilkinson, although I still got to drive it occasionally until I gave my licence up (aged 75) earlier this year. Regards Kev.
IMG_20190707_194427.jpg

kevmac47:
I was half owner of this beauty for a long time, now it’s owned solely by Iain Wilkinson, although I still got to drive it occasionally until I gave my licence up (aged 75) earlier this year. Regards Kev.0

OK then wor Kev what’s the spec 205 Cu/DB 6:600/Kirkstall BDR ? and what spec is the tank trailer ? Cheers Dennis.

One of 6 new to Burmah oil, supplied by W J Boyes, Peckham. Stored for 3 years ( re the L registration) and used on Fuel distribution. Transferred to Castrol’s fleet and used till 1977, then to the works shunt motor at Stanlow, until 1991 when acquired for preservation. Trailer was new to Charrington Hargreaves, then purchased by Pilkington Bros Chester le Street as a internal works trailer.

ERF Spec. Manufacture October 1970
Engine ■■■■■■■ 205 NHK
Gearbox. David Brown 6/500
Rear axle. Kirtstall BDR

Trailer spec. Manufacture. 1978
Charles Roberts engineering
York running gear.

One of MGW981L’s sister vehicles

D75DD390-8CFC-4193-A4A9-A3BAF5DE4D4D.jpeg

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
One of 6 new to Burmah oil, supplied by W J Boyes, Peckham. Stored for 3 years ( re the L registration) and used on Fuel distribution. Transferred to Castrol’s fleet and used till 1977, then to the works shunt motor at Stanlow, until 1991 when acquired for preservation. Trailer was new to Charrington Hargreaves, then purchased by Pilkington Bros Chester le Street as a internal works trailer.

ERF Spec. Manufacture October 1970
Engine ■■■■■■■ 205 NHK
Gearbox. David Brown 6/500
Rear axle. Kirtstall BDR

Trailer spec. Manufacture. 1978
Charles Roberts engineering
York running gear.

One of MGW981L’s sister vehicles

Thanks Iain. :smiley: :smiley: Regards Kev.

KevMac 47,
Hi, re the Castrol E.R.F… I drove one of the same spec here in South Wales years ago which was ex SLD Olding used with a semi trailer on plant work. Not a bad motor but the steering was a nightmare, really heavy. They tried different tyres and greasing it up on jacks but made no difference. Was this a problem with them, just wondered if you might know.
Regards, Allan.

Mrsteel:
KevMac 47,
Hi, re the Castrol E.R.F… I drove one of the same spec here in South Wales years ago which was ex SLD Olding used with a semi trailer on plant work. Not a bad motor but the steering was a nightmare, really heavy. They tried different tyres and greasing it up on jacks but made no difference. Was this a problem with them, just wondered if you might know.
Regards, Allan.

Hello Allan, the steering on that tractor was really heavy, even though it was ostensibly powered. It didn’t cause me any problems for most of the time I drove it, but it was only really hobby driving. From about 2017 I had a trapped nerve in my upper spine, (which eventually needs surgery), I found I couldn’t reverse the thing at all. In fact I had to ring my pal Iain to come and put it into its designated ■■■■■■■■■■■■, I just couldn’t manage it due to the pain. Regards Kev.