Who else has a preserved HGV on here?

Dennis,

Good to see you behind the wheel again there, bet you could still make that old girl sing & purr :smiley: :laughing:

E.W.

Caught up with this owd lad today in Cirencester

1970commer:

■■■■■■ again ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

EW car truck & bus:
Dennis,

Good to see you behind the wheel again there, bet you could still make that old girl sing & purr :smiley: :laughing:

E.W.

Just picked up your post E. W. ! By the time I bought the first of about 15 Borderers in 1971 which we ran in the 70’s at Bewick Transport my days of driving full time had come to a close. However I was still involved as I was involved in Shunting, Change overs day and night and some local and medium distance deliveries particularly if a Driver was off so I drove any of the Borderers we ran which all ■■■■■■■ 205/220,s but one lone 8LXB .
We had two with the 6:600 DB box ( crap behind the ■■■■■■■■ and one with the 6:600/Eaton 2 speed which wasn’t bad but I much preferred the Fuller 610 box and a couple had the larger 9509 box . The liveliest Borderer we ran was the third one I bought in 1972 OJM 480L and this had the 220■■■■■■■■■■■ box and an Eaton two speed axle and believe me with 20 gears it could fly but also pull like a train !

1970commer:

Nice to met you mate. Had a good but rather wet time at South Cerney, loads of nice trucks there.