White flags.

Can someone advise me about new government regulations that require all white van and car drivers of very low intelligence to fly a white flag with a red cross on it to warn other drivers of there presence.

brilliant :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: superb,superb.glad its not only me that sees these goons for what they really are.

:laughing: Classic!!

Its a government amnesty to all WVM that do under 50mph.

wideload:
Can someone advise me about new government regulations that require all white van and car drivers of very low intelligence to fly a white flag with a red cross on it to warn other drivers of there presence.

Maybe this press release i found could be of info??

Scottish Office Information for travellers in England

Information Release.

Because of the poor quality of driving in England the Department of Transport has now devised a scheme to identify poor drivers and give Scottish drivers the opportunity to recognise them whilst travelling in England. From the end of May 2006 it will be easier to spot those drivers who are likely to be driving in the following fashion:

• overtaking in dangerous places;
  • hovering within one inch of the car in front;
  • speeding in residential areas;
  • pulling out/turning without indicating;
  • performing U turns inappropriately in busy high streets;
  • under taking on motorways and
  • taking up more than one lane in multi lane roads,

These drivers will be issued with flags, white with a red cross, signifying their inability to drive properly. These flags must be clipped to a door of the car and be visible to all other drivers and pedestrians. Those drivers who have shown particularly poor driving skills will have to display a flag on each side of the car to indicate their greater lack of skill and general lower intelligence mindset to the general public. Please circulate this to as many other motorists as you can so that drivers and pedestrians will be aware of the meaning of these flags.

Scottish Office

I’m unsure as to whether these comments have been made in jest!

What on earth is wrong with sticking a ruddy flag on 'yer motor?

What a load of old guff:

“…white van and car drivers of very low intelligence…”

Do me a favour.

Needless to say I have one of the offending flags on my wagon!

hiabman:

What a load of old guff:

Do me a favour.

Enjoy it while you can it wont be there long…:wink:

hiabman:

Do me a favour.

Theres lots wrong with em,they are nothing but Cheap Chav Tat :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No offence mate :wink:

jammymutt:

hiabman:

What a load of old guff:

Do me a favour.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17846

just spreading the word :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Rather than waste electric typing a reply, I would have taken the hint and quietly removed the offending item from my lorry :arrow_right: eh?

Tattooed **wets :stuck_out_tongue:

jammymutt:
[

lets have a look at Scotchlands world cup history :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sweden 1958 :Scotland’s first World Cup. They failed to qualify from their group.

West Germany 1974 : Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

Argentina 1978 : Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

Spain 1982: Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

Mexico 1986 : Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

Italy 1990 : Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

France 1998 : Scotland failed to qualify from their group.

evidence

those skirt wearers don’t like being away from home long, do they

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

look what CB shack sell

:wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well found Denis the thing you must reealise is that the Scots admit to being crap the English just cant seem to admit they are too.

jammymutt:
Well found Denis the thing you must reealise is that the Scots admit to being crap the English just cant seem to admit they are too.

wrong, we know we’re crap.

Just not as crap as the rest of the world :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jammymutt:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Flag drag will boost fuel costs

The flags create drag which costs an extra pound an hour
Patriotic drivers showing their support for England with window flags during the World Cup will pay more in fuel costs, an academic has claimed.
An average car with two flags attached burns an extra litre of fuel per hour at an average of 70mph, said Manchester University’s Dr Antonio Filippone.

He also calculated that 500,000 drivers all doing the same will create 2.8m kg of carbon dioxide emissions.

The extra fuel consumption is caused by the flags creating drag.

Dr Filippone, of the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, carried out the research for a paper called “What is the fuel wastage from the flag on your vehicle?”.

He said: "The extra drag generated by these flags can reduce a car’s fuel economy by up to 3% during a one-hour journey.

“This may not seem significant to the individual, but if half a million cars are flying these flags we could see up to 1.22 million litres of extra fuel burned during the World Cup.”

Bugadifino:
An average car with two flags attached burns an extra litre of fuel per hour at an average of 70mph, said Manchester University’s Dr Antonio Filippone.

hasn’t he got anything better to do ? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

so what if people put flags on their cars - I don’t cos I don’t like football but that doesn’t stop anybody else :laughing:

Bugadifino:
Flag drag will boost fuel costs

The flags create drag which costs an extra pound an hour
Patriotic drivers showing their support for England with window flags during the World Cup will pay more in fuel costs, an academic has claimed.

He also calculated that 500,000 drivers all doing the same will create 2.8m kg of carbon dioxide emissions.

The extra fuel consumption is caused by the flags creating drag.

Dr Filippone, of the School of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering, carried out the research for a paper called “What is the fuel wastage from the flag on your vehicle?”.

He said: "The extra drag generated by these flags can reduce a car’s fuel economy by up to 3% during a one-hour journey.

“This may not seem significant to the individual, but if half a million cars are flying these flags we could see up to 1.22 million litres of extra fuel burned during the World Cup.”

so what about all the people towing caravans behind them or stupid big roof boxes on people carriers,i take it there all fuel efficient are they .but do you see any dr doing research on that.,if they want to fly flags let em dr filippone needs to get out more or laid :exclamation:

I fly the flag, nothing at all to be ashamed off, I think the problem is most of you lot complaining come from up north, and honestly you have not a lot to shout about u :laughing: p there and as for extra fuel cost due to drag , well heck we can afford it