Which uses more power?

Ive got a 12 volt invertor, a 24 volt invertor, and a tv that is 12 volt or 240 volt. Which would use less battery power, powering it off the 12 volt inverto,r 24 volt invertor, or plugging it direct in to the 12 volt socket■■?

would depend on how heavy the wattage is, tv + invertor might be alot heavier on the battery that just the tv

Plug it into the 12v socket. The trucks; dropper will be running anyway, to keep your radio from losing it’s little mind. If you don’t have a 12v socket, run it from a seperate dropper as first choice, and 240v as last resort.

slightly off topic
isnt it about time trucks had a third battery for accessories which you could isolate from the main starter batteries

hitch:
slightly off topic
isnt it about time trucks had a third battery for accessories which you could isolate from the main starter batteries

Yes

Plugging it into the 12V will be most efficient and also probably the lest amount of wires all over the cab…

Paul

hitch:
slightly off topic

No. i think 2 would be better. therefore you could issolate 24v for the truck and 24v or 12v for your toys. with 3 batteries you would only issolate 1 battery =12v.
Even better would be a small generator that kicks in automatically when your batteries start to run low.

I have 1 of those charging stations that are really just a battery with jump start cables hanging of of it.You could run your tv from1 of those - they cost about £25 -and not use truck engine at all.When you are on a drive plug into lighter socket to replace charge for next nights use.

Used to have one of those only powwred the tv for about 12 hour before it went flat

i couple mine upto lighter & ive had it on for 6 continuos hours & it did’nt afect the starting next morning.

to work out what the tv will be drawing off the batterys,find out what the wattage is of the tv, and dvide by 12,and that will give you a rough idea of the amps its using,and what pain your giving the batterys,

The power drawn from the batteries will be the same, apart from a slight difference in heating effect through an inverter. What will vary is the size of the conducter (cable) if you intend to use the 12v system you will draw a higher current for the same wattage so the wiring should be heavier. From the supply side, most of the equipment now I think is dc driven internally, so on a wire size and current in I would go for the 24 volt, as I do.