which one

my father had a cseries with a 290 rr engine and i can always remember loaded or unloaded there wasnt much that would keep up with it going up keele bank

I had the misfortune to have an E10-250 once and its was the biggest pile of dog do ever.
getting on the M26 at A20 jct and not getting in to top till the down hill bit of M25 at reigate and taking 6hrs to get to bridgend and i’m not talking years ago it was the late 90s!
drove a C series 1 for a week and that was doggy do to!
i had to hold the dash to stop it vibrating so i could see the dials couldnt see out of the mirrors because they was vibrating so much either that or eyes because i was shaken to bits in the thing.
so all you lot who say nothing could catch you must be dreaming and making it all up.
so i agree with newmercman on this one…

davefluffy:
I had the misfortune to have an E10-250 once and its was the biggest pile of dog do ever.
getting on the M26 at A20 jct and not getting in to top till the down hill bit of M25 at reigate and taking 6hrs to get to bridgend and i’m not talking years ago it was the late 90s!
drove a C series 1 for a week and that was doggy do to!
i had to hold the dash to stop it vibrating so i could see the dials couldnt see out of the mirrors because they was vibrating so much either that or eyes because i was shaken to bits in the thing.
so all you lot who say nothing could catch you must be dreaming and making it all up.
so i agree with newmercman on this one…

it makes it more exciting,keeps you on ya toes. :smiling_imp: :wink:

It don’t keep you on your toe’s it makes the job had work when there’s no need for it :exclamation:

davefluffy:
It don’t keep you on your toe’s it makes the job had work when there’s no need for it :exclamation:

hard work as in what ?,moving the gearstick a few extra times ?.well it does take it out of you does’nt it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :confused:

curnock:

davefluffy:

hard work as in what ?,moving the gearstick a few extra times ?.well it does take it out of you does’nt it. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :confused:

I think I need to go and have lie-down now. :laughing:

i can feel a bit of a snooze comin on aswell. :slight_smile:

Snooze :question: You can’t be in an ERF anymore then, I last drove one in 1996 & I can still hear the ■■■■■■■ now :exclamation: :laughing:

newmercman:
Snooze :question: You can’t be in an ERF anymore then, I last drove one in 1996 & I can still hear the [zb] now :exclamation: :laughing:

1996!!!, you’re still new at lorry driving then. :laughing:

Viking:

newmercman:
Snooze :question: You can’t be in an ERF anymore then, I last drove one in 1996 & I can still hear the [zb] now :exclamation: :laughing:

1996!!!, you’re still new at lorry driving then. :laughing:

Started a bit before that, my first licence was a hardback, but it means nothing as we’re all still learning mate :wink:

No 1996 was the last time I was unlucky enough to be driving ■■■■■■■ ERFs :laughing:

BTW how many of you are still driving them nasty pieces of cobbled together crap these days?

What! Mercs?

Charlie, I expected better from you :unamused: But yeah the Axor is a bit of a German ERF, well the 1st one was anyway :laughing:

BTW do they call ERFs Gaffers motors because thats what holds em together, GAFFER TAPE :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry about that.Couldn’t resist.Had two ERFs in my time.A series 180 Gardner.And a B series with a 290.Went along quite well but everything had to be nailed down.Therefore I withdraw my supercilious remark. :laughing: :laughing:

TBH I’m suprised it took that long, must just be the 2 of us with a GSOH eh :laughing:

Had a Sed Ak with a 180 Gardner, oh dear, that thing was slow, loaded 20t of lead ingots out of Avonmouth & had to have a 45 at Heston, nearly got nicked for loitering going up to J18 :exclamation: The thing had a 2spd axle, yeah stop & backwards :laughing: :laughing: Had 1 with the 290 ■■■■■■■ too, that was much better & it had a sleeper cab, no more rolled up mattress for me :smiley: Still swapped it for a 111 as soon as one come up :wink: proper billy big wheels I was :smiling_imp:

Now then newmercman.I think that you could be right about a GSOH. I do post serious messages,but there are times for a little humour as well :laughing: There seems to be some very po faced guys out there as well as people like you and me. I shall be leaving you a little something in my will.Probably my credit card bill :laughing: :laughing:

Viking:

curnock:

davefluffy:

I think I need to go and have lie-down now. :laughing:

you northern folks love the heaps and it is hard bloody hard work pushing a rock clutch in to start off and then changing gears allday when once on the motorway the stick should stay still but not in a ERF and then there’s the noise of the bloody thing ringing in your ears and the poxy vibration that comes through the wheel and up your arms and foot because your stand on the pedal to make sure your getting everything you can out of it.
heaters that are hopless dials that tell you roughly whats going on and seats that make your arse numb…
if you think its ok to drive s**t like that well crack on pal

i do

curnock:
i do

look your from walsall so your opinion don’t count :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t be so mean about Walsall.I went there one Saturday but it was shut :laughing: :laughing:

You lot don,t know you are born with your night heaters and all the gizmos you have nowadays auto g/boxes air con etc :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Nowt wrong with a good old ERFor Atki Borderer with a Gardner 180 and David Brown 6 speed box we had “cruise control” in them days,yep it was a piece of wood jammed under the dashboard and to switch it off you just gave it a hefty kick and we had “air con” you just opened both windows and let the fresh air blow through.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink: :wink: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Night heaters were a primus stove on the dash board or bonnet you lot don,t know the half of it bring back the good old days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: