which one

which would you choose volvo or scania or erf lets debate :question: :open_mouth: :bulb: :laughing:

beechams0:
which would you choose volvo or scania or erf lets debate :question: :open_mouth: :bulb: :laughing:

Limited choice there mate :stuck_out_tongue:

didnt say you couldnt add yours come on let us know :laughing:

we dont have much choice these days,in fact its quite boring on the roads
.every other vehicle is a sc sc sca i cant bring myself to say that word,let me try another one volvo or a daft.not like a few years back when there was so many
other truck manufacturers

AEC ,best lorry on the road 1940’s to 1973-4 after that starved of cash by leylands,read up on there history and the developments they made,like air susspension in the early 60’s when the sweeds were happy to buy there technology from britain , we wont mention the dutch who used leyland running gear for years ! , yes, ime very pro british, there was nothing realy wrong with british trucks,exept that they were always starved of development funds.

is this a wind up to near the tipex

beechams0:

None of them. :stuck_out_tongue: Although Volvo’s are OK.

SC …SCA…SCAN…SCANI…SCANIA!

I AM OUTTA HERE!

Is this a joke, you cannot mention ER what do you call em’s in the same breath as Volvo or Scania :unamused:

newmercman:
Is this a joke, you cannot mention ER what do you call em’s in the same breath as Volvo or Scania :unamused:

and why on earth not ?

Because an ERF was a POS mate, nasty cobbled together crap, simple as.

Put any ERF of any era up against the equivalent Volvo or Scania & you’ll find that the Swedes are more powerful, reliable, comfortable & better in any area with the possible exception of the brakes, until recently anyway.

C’mon mate, I know all about patiotism etc but there is a reason that ERF are no more, it’s because they are not as good as the opposition, It wasn’t the powers that be at MAN that decided to finish ERF off, it was the lack of people buying them that did that :laughing:

newmercman:
Put any ERF of any era up against the equivalent Volvo or Scania & you’ll find that the Swedes are more powerful, reliable :laughing:

Try telling that to the driver of a 141 tipping out at Salvesons, Bellshill 1987/8.
I had a B series 290 Roller and had tipped there and was having a tyre changed when this bloke said to me “that’ll slow you down a bit…I’ve tried to catch you a few times but never been able to get anywhere near you…but there again, the speed you go up the hills you wont have much weight in that fridge will you” He was gob smacked when I showed him my receipt for 38T+ :laughing:

So the laws of physics don’t apply to 290 rolls ERFs then :laughing:

290hp vs 375hp, maybe the bloke in the 141 was driving it like an old woman :question:

I know there were odd motors that went like the wind, I myself had a 1735 Merc & loaded the same weight as an F16 & I pushed the bloke all the way from Perth to Milan, but I can’t say how he was driving it so although the old Merc went well the F16 should’ve blown it into the weeds :blush:

newmercman:
290hp vs 375hp, maybe the bloke in the 141 was driving it like an old woman :question:

Only telling you what the man said mate.

Viking:

newmercman:

Only telling you what the man said mate.

I countered the sarcasm with the smiley :laughing:

TBH I thought a lot more of you would’ve taken offence at my slur on ERF, just goes to show that I was right in the 1st place :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

newmercman:
Because an ERF was a POS mate, nasty cobbled together crap, simple as…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL…come on NMC, get off the fence and say what you really think!!! :laughing: :laughing:

bullitt:

newmercman:
Because an ERF was a POS mate, nasty cobbled together crap, simple as…

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL…come on NMC, get off the fence and say what you really think!!! :laughing: :laughing:

What is with that lot up the road & their ERFs, Atkis & all that other prehistoric ■■■■ they harp on about :unamused:

I suppose they all take a newspaper down the outhouse at the bottom of the garden when they need to tip a load of hazardous :laughing:

Funny thing is all them big northern firms run Volvo, Scania, dafs etc :laughing:

we up here probably like to get our paws dirty mate,and get our teeth into
things.know what i mean

curnock:
we up here probably like to get our paws dirty mate,and get our teeth into
things.know what i mean

I know mate, I’ve been up there & seen the women :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think that you must be talking about my ex wife.What a revolting bovine she was Mind you I’m no oil painting. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: