Which breed of cab dog?

Kevmcdo:
Get some funny looks from other drivers when they pull alongside and see him though :laughing:

Try it when you’re driving a left-■■■■■■! :smiley:

My ex-missus had a Rotty ■■■■■ (I used to reckon she had one and I had two!) which was cab-happy, loved coming upo to the farm with me in the GMC pick-up. Driving along the A40 to St. Clears, used to get serious double-takes off the cage drivers, overtaking an old Yank pick-up and seeing a dog “driving”. :grimacing:

Cant go wrong with one of these dogs :grimacing:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:
A beagle. Now I absolutely love dogs and one of the things I miss most is because I’m a tramped I can’t have a dog because much as I’d love one I really don’t think I could face living in a cab with a dog.

And yet you can share the cab with Bertie? Surely the dog would be better natured, less complaining and more personable than him? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes you’ve got a point.

He says ■■■■ off you ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ and take your ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■ opinions with you

toby1234abc:
For a companion,can`t make friends with my own race,which is best,a Patterdale,Jack Russel,Cocker or Springer Spaniel,all good for less hairs to clean up.
The Dutch and German drivers used to go all over Europe with a cab canine,beats taking the wife.

Lhasa Apso. The dogs are great and they never molt

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:
A beagle. Now I absolutely love dogs and one of the things I miss most is because I’m a tramped I can’t have a dog because much as I’d love one I really don’t think I could face living in a cab with a dog.

And yet you can share the cab with Bertie? Surely the dog would be better natured, less complaining and more personable than him? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

He says [zb] off you [zb] [zb] [zb] and take your [zb] [zb] opinions with you

And a very good day to him also. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also as a mod I can see the words behind the [zb]'s. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

mickyblue:

toby1234abc:
For a companion,can`t make friends with my own race,which is best,a Patterdale,Jack Russel,Cocker or Springer Spaniel,all good for less hairs to clean up.
The Dutch and German drivers used to go all over Europe with a cab canine,beats taking the wife.

Lhasa Apso. The dogs are great and they never molt

Can they be bred with drivers because the not moulting thing could be a godsend for some? :stuck_out_tongue:

I imagine bertie don’t ■■■■ and ■■■■ everywhere though :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

He says [zb] off you [zb] [zb] [zb] and take your [zb] [zb] opinions with you

And a very good day to him also. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also as a mod I can see the words behind the [zb]'s. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh ■■■■, he says…

I used to take my Jack Russell with me all the time when i used to drive a vacuum tanker all my work was on land fill sites.Everywhere i went they loved my dog he used to be able to have a run around while i was loading he even used to chase and get chased by the rats lol.
But now im on the tippers he isnt allowed to come with me due to some mills dont like him :frowning:

My good lady wife did a shift in our truck and took our yellow lab puppy along:
issietruck.jpg

Paul

When I worked on Swifts I had a Golden Retriever ‘Bonny’ who everyone knew, she would hop out of the cab at various drops and get on the fork lift to ride around with the goods in guys. On a night out I would just let her out of the cab and follow her, she would lead me to a pub and only let me down once when she found pub that had a ‘No dogs’ rule :frowning:
Bonny was taken from me by a cheating dog breeder and it broke my heart. I later replaced her with Kizzy who was a large German Shepherd and as loving as you can imagine, she dispelled all my thoughts that the breed was nasty and agressive as she was probably the kindest and most intelligent dog I ever knew … except if you tried to get in the cab ! … she once bit the manager at Swifts as he put his hand in the window, drew blood and he had stitches. All he said was “We should put them in ever cab to stop thieves”

A bloke who loads out of the place i do has 4 small terrier type dogs in the cab at any one time…and he does nightes out…rather him then me.

I used to take my Jack Russell occasionally, he absolutely loved it, especially lording it over other motorists! but I stopped because of quarry/site elfn’saftee. We had a job to a power station, my mate took is 9 year old lad with him. The jobsworth on the gate made the lad stand outside in the main road while his old man went to get his load tipped. When I went in with the dog (day cab) I had to put him under my coat and sort of hold him behind the seat as I went through the gatehouse - no way was I leaving him tied-up by the road! Decided not to bother with the dog after, too much hassle.

You wouldn’t believe the idiots I see over here who carry cats with them :open_mouth: How unhygenic can that be ? They spend weeks away from home with an animal that you can’t just let out to go for a dump like you can a dog, they have litter trays in the cab with them and it must really stink in there. Our company has a ‘No passenger, no pets’ rule and we have one crazy Polish guy who was parked in the terminal one day and a cat walked along his dashboard, I told him to hide the thing before managenet saw it and banned him from the place. He said he loved the cat and it was his best companion, even so it’s best to not bring it if he needed a job.
It is now a point on your licence here for carrying an un-authorised passenger.

hammer:
I used to take my Jack Russell occasionally, he absolutely loved it, especially lording it over other motorists! but I stopped because of quarry/site elfn’saftee. We had a job to a power station, my mate took is 9 year old lad with him. The jobsworth on the gate made the lad stand outside in the main road while his old man went to get his load tipped. When I went in with the dog (day cab) I had to put him under my coat and sort of hold him behind the seat as I went through the gatehouse - no way was I leaving him tied-up by the road! Decided not to bother with the dog after, too much hassle.

So it was okay to leave a 9 year old ■■■■■■■ by the road but not the dog?

You just weren’t doing the correct kind of thinking were you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Got a bull mastiff won’t take her with me because when she ■■■■■ it’s bad enough in the house but in a cab Jesus :open_mouth:

Used to have a jack russell years ago, brilliant companion, only trouble was he just wouldn’t let anyone else in the cab, he would just go absolutly nuts!! this cause a few problems & on a number of occasitions so had to stop taking him with me :frowning:
Haven’t got a dog now, it would be unfair to keep one with the lifestyle I have with work, but if I ever had another dog I wouldn’t mind a Kerry Blue terrier, I love my terrier breeds, & this breed is said to be none moulting, so maybe one day i’ll have another though it won’t be for a very long time!! :smiley:

Circa 1968 21 year old with my dog “Judy” a pedigree Whippet that I bought for 1 shilling (5p)(another story!) while I was still at school in '63,she was 2 year old at the time and went everywhere with me,she had to stay at home when I started at Brady’s but when I got my first motor she resumed her travels,did 000’s, of miles in my D1000 up and down to London,but with one difference,I stayed in digs,which is an alien concept these days !! She didn’t cast a hair either and was quite happy in the cab,good judge of a character as well,she put the ■■■■■ up one or two that whipped open the passenger cab door now and again.However when I had to pack up driving and had to remain in the office she was getting on a bit so was quite happy to lie on a rug under my desk.I had to “put her to sleep” in late’75 aged 14,but she sure had been a great pal over the years and when the next new tractor arrived (an ERF “A” series Jan '76) I gave it the fleet name “JUDY” and true to form it was one of the most reliable,hard working,motors we had ever run !! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Looks a nasty mutt to me - dog’s cute though :wink:

Pat Hasler:
…All he said was “We should put them in every cab to stop thieves”…

Often seen pulling up to the next pump along on a by-gone night trunk. Who in their right mind would take this beast on? :open_mouth:

cab beast.jpg