Which breed of cab dog?

For a companion,can`t make friends with my own race,which is best,a Patterdale,Jack Russel,Cocker or Springer Spaniel,all good for less hairs to clean up.
The Dutch and German drivers used to go all over Europe with a cab canine,beats taking the wife.

I got a wee west highland terrier … …but she thinks she is a rotty… :smiley:

No need to lock the cab then??

Occasionally take my Ridgeback with me, loves being so high in the cab and being able to see everything that’s going on…
Get some funny looks from other drivers when they pull alongside and see him though :laughing:

A mutt, the best kind. I’ve lost jobs over my cab mutt. Drivers moaning about dog hairs. :astonished: or tm’s saying its not the enviroment for a mutt. :open_mouth:

Ex bosses wifes spots mutt and complains, boss then says dont bring mutt to work, :angry: after mutts been there 6 moon :astonished: ■■■ you i said and walked. :sunglasses:

Hope you guys place a seat belt on the pooch or get 3 points and a fine. :smiley:

Norwich terrier, can’t lose them.

Saint Bernard,handy if get buried in a snow drift on the M6.

had to take William out with me once a 8 stone boxer tryiny to lift him in and out of renault magnum was a sight to behold

Never seen the appeal, i mean when the dog sees me talking to myself he will think im nuts :laughing:

man-tga:
I got a wee west highland terrier … …but she thinks she is a rotty… :smiley:

Don’t they all, he picks fight with dogs 10 times his size, he has not lost one yet. My neighbour has a huge American Bulldog and he is scared of ours. I am also dog sitting a Schi-tzu and he thinks he is an Alsation, cute but angry.

Having a dog in the cab my concern would be, what about the smell?

Or does the dog get used to it?

My first ever C+E job was collecting round timber(year of the hurricane 1989) and I used to take my black labrador with me everywhere. I used to take him for a walk in the woods while matey boy was loading me with far more timber than was legally allowed :blush: :blush: :exclamation: Would not recommend a Labrador really as they lose to much hair and I was forever cleaing up.

Imagine being a dog owning, single, agency bod. How i was some years a go.

Iceland: After 5 months of smuggling my mutt into cab was spotted by security guard who informed office who gave me a warning, soon after i left.

Tesco: A nightmare having to park up the industrial estate and smuggle mutt in and out of cab. A driver in a queue at a shop spotted my mutt and grassed me up, i was banned off site.

Waitrose/john lewis: Got into a fight over my mutt with a waitrose perm driver when doing a changeover at carnforth. Banned.

SLD pumps & power: Very dog friendly, mutt was part of the team.

Bardon concrete: Dog friendly, even though customs area at docks, part of the team.

Donaldson McConnel: Sacked after 6 months cos bosses wife don’t like dogs.

There was a few more firms good and bad. If it were’nt the Boss it was fellow drivers causing me grief over my mutt, thank ■■■ i’ve now got a women to look after my mutt.

A beagle. Now I absolutely love dogs and one of the things I miss most is because I’m a tramped I can’t have a dog because much as I’d love one I really don’t think I could face living in a cab with a dog.

definatley not a springer spaniel as our does not come with me but he looses hair all year, and if he smells any amount of water he is straight in no messing routing about and comes out black, any wiff of an animal hes gone, gets embaresing when he returns with a rabbit and lays it at your feet.tail wagging looking as if to say how about that then.

WHat about having a sheep best of all worlds and they dont answer back.

tortoise?

switchlogic:
A beagle. Now I absolutely love dogs and one of the things I miss most is because I’m a tramped I can’t have a dog because much as I’d love one I really don’t think I could face living in a cab with a dog.

And yet you can share the cab with Bertie? Surely the dog would be better natured, less complaining and more personable than him? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

my boss used too take his great dane with him in a day cab daf