Where's the money?

Beetlejuice:
Salary: £17.87 - £19.67 per hour plus bank holiday premium

Working at Martin Brower

I’ve cut the 13 pages of guff about “unique, exciting opportunity to work for blue chip 3pl world leader in logistics and sustainable solutions” :laughing: :laughing: . It’s delivering to MaccyD’s sites in an subbie artic. It’s no more exciting than that :laughing: . Basically the same as Brakes and Bidvest work, but usually tipping on the flat at most sites. Not attractive work when for a bit less money you can be doing one-hitters to RDCs with 26 pallets of beans and the most effort you’ll do is opening and closing the back doors.

Beetlejuice:
Job details
Salary
£20.07 - £22.30 an hour
Job type
Full-time
Temporary
Number of positions for this role
10+
Full Job Description
LGV1, HGV1, Class 1 Driving Work, LGV 1, HGV 1, CE – Birmingham

Kenect Drivers are recruiting for LGV1, HGV1, Class 1, Cat(CE) Drivers for ongoing driving work within Birmingham area.

As an LGV1 driver the work will involve:

• National trunking delivery and collection (No Handball)
  • AM Starts
  • PM starts
  • Average shift length will be 8-12 hours
  • Guaranteed 10 hrs Pay!!!
  • Various roles, Trunking, General Haulage (Max 4 drops)
  • Must have 6 months LGV 1 entitlement for insurance purposes

Please see below these Fantastic Pay rates!!

AM Shifts - £20.07 Per hour (£200.70 Per Day Minimum!)
PM Shifts - £22.30 Per hour (£223.00 Per Day Minimum!)

Our client will guarantee you a minimum of 10 hours per shift.

Applications are welcome from experienced LGV 1, HGV 1, Class 1, Cat(CE).

To apply for this role please call 01827 818535 / 07921 815008 (7 days a week) or email your current CV to atherstone ‘at’ kenectrecruitment.co.uk

This position is commutable from Tamworth, Atherstone, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Minworth, Coleshill, Lichfield, Measham, Swadlincote, Burton

Reference ID: KENMBOBIRM

Job Types: Full-time, Temporary

Salary: £20.07-£22.30 per hour

Work remotely:

No
Today
:laughing:

I did call these just now. That 20£ is actually 15.61 for now, and then might raise later. He didn’t tell me too much about the job or the company all I know is that is not Greencore [emoji16]. Misty depot to depot no handball and trailer swaps that’s about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you not ask why they have lied about the pay on the job ad? In fact people should find the link and flag it as a false advertisement to have the job site remove it.

DCPCFML:
Did you not ask why they have lied about the pay on the job ad? In fact people should find the link and flag it as a false advertisement to have the job site remove it.

It is as advertised,the lady called me earlier.Report it if they lie like this.

Edit Browers not kennect.

But report kennect on indeed for BS

DCPCFML:

It was something amongst the lines that the rate is not as high just yet but they need like 10-15 drivers for the company to commit(?) to those rates. All lies though, they’re just fishing for drivers

DSMRookie:

DCPCFML:

It was something amongst the lines that the rate is not as high just yet but they need like 10-15 drivers for the company to commit(?) to those rates. All lies though, they’re just fishing for drivers

Link their ad here and report them for false advertising.

A mate working at Coop Avonmouth is on £25 an hour , and £29 ph Sundays. Agency rates. He’s on for Staff co.

Found the lying [zb]ers. uk.indeed.com/jobs?q=KENECT&l=B … 57faf1b2fb

:imp:
You know what to do, folks. The button is at the bottom.

Beetle juice is 100% correct about Universal Credit funding for training, the advisors are told to keep it quiet even though the Government fund is approximately 24 million but only about 2 million of that spent so far .
Buying a suit for an interview or travel expenses to interview can be claimed back with receipt but they will have a clause of paying when you have kept the job for so many months.
Work clothing can be claimed , I know employers will provide PPE , training courses can be paid if not sure ask the work coach , as said if you have a good one they will go out of their way to help out and secure a job .
I know someone who was given a lap top computer.

Tarmaceater:
Beetle juice is 100% correct about Universal Credit funding for training, the advisors are told to keep it quiet even though the Government fund is approximately 24 million but only about 2 million of that spent so far .
Buying a suit for an interview or travel expenses to interview can be claimed back with receipt but they will have a clause of paying when you have kept the job for so many months.
Work clothing can be claimed , I know employers will provide PPE , training courses can be paid if not sure ask the work coach , as said if you have a good one they will go out of their way to help out and secure a job .
I know someone who was given a lap top computer.

That’s bs man. And the rest of us are working and paying crazy tax for these mofos to stay home and do ■■■■ all. And then people moan that Eastern Europeans take their jobs…
I used to like Boris but nowadays I started to hate him more and more

MikeDBristol:
A mate working at Coop Avonmouth is on £25 an hour , and £29 ph Sundays. Agency rates. He’s on for Staff co.

That crazy. But like the consumer is going to pay for that wage, meaning that everything is getting more expensive so the money is worth a lot less

Tarmaceater:
Popeye check out jobs with Gregory distribution as they own Hayton Coulthard, Scotland and other Scottish hauliers as well as milk tanker and recycling companies all over the UK.

AKA Gregorski and for a reason.

Beetlejuice:
Salary: £17.87 - £19.67 per hour plus bank holiday premium

Working at Martin Brower

Our Customer Service Drivers are valued members of our team, playing a pivotal role in providing the best service to our customers. We provide a supportive and friendly environment, with safety and wellbeing always a priority and a core value in the way we operate, with risk assessments conducted at all delivery locations. We also have a dedicated learning and development centre to provide more opportunities for learning and development within the business.

We offer benefits including weekend premiums, guaranteed minimum working hours of 42 per week, a free meal every shift, healthcare and life assurance.

Job summary:

HGV Class 1 Driver: Multi drop refrigerated deliveries
42 Hour contract per week -Full time
4 on 3 off shift pattern
Weekend Bonus available
As a HGV driver for Martin Brower UK Ltd, you will deliver to over 300 restaurants across England and Wales. On average a journey has 3-4 deliveries which are made using roll cages. Your deliveries are a mix of ambient, chilled and frozen food products, so experience of working with fridges is ideal. This role is suited for a driver who is active, able to think on their feet and is customer service focussed.

Major duties & responsibilities:

PRIOR TO DEPARTING DEPOT

All vehicles must be checked for defects and reported to the garage for repair
Goods must be checked they are correct and secure
DURING JOURNEY

The delivery schedule must be followed, with arrival and departure times logged on journey sheet
Ensure that the Transport Office is informed of any problems such as delays, breakdowns or delivery problems
Delivery procedures set by MBUK to be carried out e.g. checking of P.O.D. goods, temperature probing of goods, completing PDA process
Every delivery must be signed by the relevant restaurant Manager
ON COMPLETION OF JOURNEY

Clean the inside of vehicle
Refuel the unit and fridge unit
Park vehicle as directed by Shunter
Be de-briefed about journey by Transport Office
OTHER DUTIES

To complete any other duties as required by Management
Carry out drivers duties with due regard to legislation in respect of LGV drivers and submit tachographs on a weekly basis for analysis by the Company
To follow the companies Safe Working Procedures at all times
Strong H&S awareness.
Collections and deliveries for various customers at different locations around the country
Dealing with ambient, chilled and frozen products
Checking products and carrying out the necessary paperwork
Profile:

Understanding of driving legislation governing the use of tachographs and working hours.
C+E Licence for a minimum of one year.
Experience of driving large goods vehicles to a high standard and be accident free for at least 3 years.
Knowledge and previous experience of refrigerated trailers.
Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes at short notice to meet the demands placed on MBUK by our customer.
Calm under pressure.
Strong H&S awareness.
Technical competencies:

Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths (Essential)
Drivers CPC to be completed (Essential)
Knowledge of vehicle and refrigeration system
Understanding of EC drivers’ hours & EC working time directive regulations (Essential)
Experience of working with refrigerated vehicles (Desirable)
Behavioural competencies:

Adaptability

Accepts and adapts to changes
Learns new skills to meet new needs of the business
Suggests changes and improvements
Quality Work Output

Produces quality work
Follows safety practices and compliance policies
Uses time wisely and gets things done
Meets or exceeds deadlines
Takes responsibility for own actions
Service Orientation

Supports the company’s mission, vision and values
Meets or exceeds customer needs
Responds to requests in a timely manner
Takes initiative to meet customers’ needs
Resourcefulness

Uses materials, processes and tools efficiently
Takes initiative to solve problems
Does the most important work first
Gets things done while still upholding ethics, integrity, compliance and company values
Teamwork

Works with others to get things done
Openly shares feedback and information that helps the team
Treats others with respect
Is approachable to others
Listens so others feel heard
Develops relationships built on trust

This list is not intended to be exhaustive. During the course of your employment the duties of the role may change from time to time to meet changing business circumstances. In the interests of flexibility the Company reserves the right to ask that you perform duties instead of or in addition to your normal duties provided that these duties are reasonable and within your capabilities.

Proper firm,they cannot simply drop rates after they advertise them. This is what every trucker has waited for, for years…

IIRC Martin Brower’s delivered to MacDonalds Restaurants

DSMRookie:

Beetlejuice:
Job details
Salary
£20.07 - £22.30 an hour
Job type
Full-time
Temporary
Number of positions for this role
10+
Full Job Description
LGV1, HGV1, Class 1 Driving Work, LGV 1, HGV 1, CE – Birmingham

Kenect Drivers are recruiting for LGV1, HGV1, Class 1, Cat(CE) Drivers for ongoing driving work within Birmingham area.

As an LGV1 driver the work will involve:

• National trunking delivery and collection (No Handball)
  • AM Starts
  • PM starts
  • Average shift length will be 8-12 hours
  • Guaranteed 10 hrs Pay!!!
  • Various roles, Trunking, General Haulage (Max 4 drops)
  • Must have 6 months LGV 1 entitlement for insurance purposes

Please see below these Fantastic Pay rates!!

AM Shifts - £20.07 Per hour (£200.70 Per Day Minimum!)
PM Shifts - £22.30 Per hour (£223.00 Per Day Minimum!)

Our client will guarantee you a minimum of 10 hours per shift.

Applications are welcome from experienced LGV 1, HGV 1, Class 1, Cat(CE).

To apply for this role please call 01827 818535 / 07921 815008 (7 days a week) or email your current CV to atherstone ‘at’ kenectrecruitment.co.uk

This position is commutable from Tamworth, Atherstone, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Coventry, Rugby, Lutterworth, Birmingham, Sutton Coldfield, Minworth, Coleshill, Lichfield, Measham, Swadlincote, Burton

Reference ID: KENMBOBIRM

Job Types: Full-time, Temporary

Salary: £20.07-£22.30 per hour

Work remotely:

No
Today
:laughing:

I did call these just now. That 20£ is actually 15.61 for now, and then might raise later. He didn’t tell me too much about the job or the company all I know is that is not Greencore [emoji16]. Misty depot to depot no handball and trailer swaps that’s about it.

I had a message from them today, Who was it you spoke to pal■■?
Kenect Recruitment
9:40 am
Good morning , these rates aren’t ficticious. Our client is in desperate need of LGV1 drivers as they are aware of the shortage, hence the reflection in their pay rates.

Good luck in your job search.

Someone called Jamie I think, and I have no reason to lie about what he said :slight_smile: It may have changed ever since but that’s what I was told

DSMRookie:
Someone called Jamie I think, and I have no reason to lie about what he said :slight_smile: It may have changed ever since but that’s what I was told

I think he was the person emailing me, nobody said you lied :laughing:

we are dealing with an agency who insists these are the correct rates, i bet he thought he could BS you pal :wink:

It was Ben H(edited) who emailed me.

Beetlejuice:

DSMRookie:

I think he was the person emailing me, nobody said you lied :laughing:

we are dealing with an agency who insists these are the correct rates, i bet he thought he could BS you pal :wink:

Just agencies doing agency ■■■■ [emoji16]

Just stumbled on this…any idea if it’s legit?

popeye1810:
I’m returning to the UK after a couple of years living in Europe. I’m completely out of touch with pay and conditions for class 1 work. I’m willing to live in any part of the UK. I’m looking for maximum earnings. I don’t mind tramping or long hours. Weekends are irrelevant to me. So where can I go to earn the most?

Lancashire, cheap houses

money must be getting best in England.