Where was I ??

OK Boys try this one for size…

Turkey.

Ken.

I will go with Quinney, :smiley: It’s Turkey, :smiley: near Bolu, :confused: heading east, towards Ankara :unamused: . or is it the Quickfit depot at Duzce. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your both right about the Turkey part, but Turkey is a big place!

Come On you lot,Not everyone got down here!!

Not often did so many have to pay so much to so few…
Turk Polisi.
Marlborough Kontrol.

on the way to the middle east

O.K., if its not Bolu.
Is it Tarsus near Adana :confused:

Are you asking me or telling me?
Too vague Mushroomman!!
You need to be more precise.
GS

Well Gav, I still think its near Bolu, but it was a loooooong time ago. :confused:

So, as Anne Boleyn said to the executioner, " I am going to stick my neck out "

It’s near Tarsus but I can’t remember exactly how many miles it was from Adana. :wink:

OK Mushy
Yes it is near Tarsus, but as you may remember, there are two sides leading to Tarsus!!
So try again.
GS

GS OVERLAND:
OK Mushy
Yes it is near Tarsus, but as you may remember, there are two sides leading to Tarsus!!
So try again.
GS

O.K. G.S,

My answer is, The other side of Tarsus. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

( About 650 kilometers south of Ankara )

Wipe that smile off your little smiley face!!
Your still wrong and it jus got hardere, I want the name of the village now please.
GS

ulukisla?

No
I’m afraid its not Ulukisla.
Been stuck on that long grade heading south in the snow many a time!!
Keep looking at yer maps boys !!
GS

Gavin,
I am afraid that I gave away my Phillips map of the Middle East over ten years ago. My last guess is Seyhan, ( but I still think it’s nearer Bolu ) :confused:

Mushroomman
I know exactly where you mean, just after you puled out of Duzce, that long grade upto the foot of Bolu. But alas it is not there. So does that mean that you boys admit defeat!! Or shall we let it go on a bit longer?
I am itching to reveal the place…but only after you all give up.
GS

Miss Marple always had a couple of clues to go with, which is more than we have had. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OK Miss Marples
So you want a clue eh!!
I understand, your visual memory has faded over the years, and when you find out where " I was" you will kick yourself. ( make sure that it is a hard kick)
Just ahead a couple of hundred metres is a peage, and the old road winds off to the right.
GS

Turkey,peages :confused: I didn’t realize that this was a recent photograph but I suppose that the tarmac gives it away. Please G.S. give us another clue, show us the old road so that we can all get it. :laughing:

This picture is the old road and a short stretch of motoway starts just ahead.I will dig in the dusty box for a pic of the old roads asap.
Regards
GS