Where was I? Solved by Colin in Sweden

Not done one for a while. Nice and easy :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hard that. Yorkshire?

Cooking with gas, Rob :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

A428?

A road and an area would be nice,as Yorkshire is a bloody big county if you take all parts of it.

Ken.

Not the A428, sorry Rog :slight_smile:
You’re right, Quinny. Yorkshire’s a big place :exclamation:
I get the feeling that Rob knows where it is, but is joshing with me :laughing: :laughing:

Somewhere on The Snake?

No, not Snake Pass :slight_smile:

After careful consideration, that is the Woodhead Pass. :sunglasses:

Is the WRONG answer, Rob :exclamation: :smiling_imp:

Inselaffe:
Is the WRONG answer, Rob :exclamation: :smiling_imp:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A59 ?

some strange reason i drawn toward, scotland near dumfes to kilmarnock

I can see where you’re coming from, Rob, but no :exclamation:
I’m always drawn towards Scotland too, Bailey :slight_smile: but 'fraid not :exclamation:

A170 Sutton Bank. Hambleton Hills going 2wards Thirsk maybe ?

And a hearty SmörgÄsbord goes to our man in SmÄlandsstenar :laughing: :laughing:
Spot on Colin :exclamation:
That old “closed in both directions due to an accident” favourite, A170, Sutton Bank :exclamation:

Well I wouldn’t have got that and I thought I knew the 170 quite well. :open_mouth:

Whereabouts on the 170 is that?

Just after the left hand bend at the top of the hill

Inselaffe:
Just after the left hand bend at the top of the hill

Isn’t that a 1:4 hill after that bend though? Looks like you’re on the flat in the pic! :open_mouth:

This was taken a bit further down, probably just about where the car is in the top picture.
This looks pretty flat as well.
You have to remember that I’m sitting in the truck on the hill and my line of vision is therefore at the same angle to the horizontal as the road, which is probably why the road appears flat in the pictures.
I’m sure there must be a technical term for this and someone will be along in a minute to enlighten me.

Inselaffe:
I’m sure there must be a technical term for this and someone will be along in a minute to enlighten me.

I’ll have a stab at this Inselaffe, but I’m no expert mind :laughing:

I think the phenomenon is the same as the two unbroken lines in the centre of your pic appearing to converge the further into the distance you look.
If that’s true, then it’s called “parallax” and it appears[/b] to remove the slope of the road.
Either that, or it’s down to the fact that it’s a 2D image of a 3D subject.
:open_mouth: Hell of a question though. :wink: