Where was dieseldave? (Solved by guess who?)

It’s a while since I’ve done a ‘where was I’ cos that Mr Wolfy usually gets them pretty quick. :frowning:

Now my wounds have healed, it’s time for another contest.
The prize is an ashtray for your motorbike. :wink:

There aren’t any clues forthcoming at the moment, cos I can sense that Mr Wolfy is about… :grimacing:

well I’ll start then, is it somewhere on the Manchester ship canal?

welshboyinspain:
well I’ll start then, is it somewhere on the Manchester ship canal?

Hi WBIS, I can see the similarity, but it’s not the Manchester Ship Canal.

There are over 30 page views up to now, but only the one attempt from your good self, so maybe it’s time for a little clue…

The problem is that I don’t know whether one of those views is by Lonewolf and he’s biding his time… :frowning:

OK, so here goes… If I turned 180 degrees when I took the pic, you’d see a very famous and instantly recognisable landmark. :wink:

Where ever it is it won’t be far from a pie shop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

that bridge looks like it swivels or swings so that should be a clue in itself, can’t be many of them around

Hmmm Mr Wolf has been in college today.

Okayy not immediately sure on this one. However I do have my suspicions. Be right back.

Lonewolf hits Google street view. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:
Where ever it is it won’t be far from a pie shop. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the first correct answer so far… :laughing: :wink: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lonewolf Yorks:
… Be right back.

This one might be exercising your brain Lonewolf, cos approx 1.5 hrs later… still no answer. :wink:

But you’re (most) probably pulling my leg and you’ve known all along. :frowning:

Would I pull your leg? :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

OK well I won’t spoil your fun, I’ll give the others a chance, but I will mention that we are NOT in England and I don’t know that that particular building is that instantly recognisable unless you are a fan of Edward I who built it.

Lonewolf Yorks:

OK well I won’t spoil your fun, I’ll give the others a chance, but I will mention that we are NOT in England and I don’t know that that particular building is that instantly recognisable unless you are a fan of Edward I who built it.

I knew I recognised that for some reason and now with your clue I know why, and I should have got it sooner because I have visited Caernarfon Castle, although not for a few years.

Lonewolf Yorks:

Hi Lonewolf Yorks,, in a word… Yes. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lonewolf Yorks:

See now, I knew you’d get that one. :smiley:

I don’t know how you get the answers so effortlessly, but fair play to you cos you’re bloody good at it. :exclamation: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

Lonewolf Yorks:

I knew I recognised that for some reason and now with your clue I know why, and I should have got it sooner because I have visited Caernarfon Castle, although not for a few years.

Yes Neil, it is Caernarvon Castle, and I walked all the way around the castle in an attempt to get a pic that would get Lonewolf wondering…

Not much chance of that idea working out though… :frowning: :frowning:

Ah well, back to the drawing board…

I’m not so good on history as wolfy obviously but i thought caernarvon castle was REALLY old when was eddie the 1st king then?

welshboyinspain:
I’m not so good on history as wolfy obviously but i thought caernarvon castle was REALLY old when was eddie the 1st king then?

Hi WBIS, King Edward I is quite an interesting character…

There’s some info about him :arrow_right: HERE

dieseldave:

welshboyinspain:

There’s some info about him :arrow: HERE

very interesting piece that dave except that it seems to be written from an english perspective :laughing: no mention of the crushing of the welsh and the rebellion led by the last real prince of wales owain glyndwr, not that jug eared imbecile who prefers camilla the horse face to dishy diana :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

dieseldave:

welshboyinspain:

very interesting piece that dave except that it seems to be written from an english perspective :laughing: no mention of the crushing of the welsh and the rebellion led by the last real prince of wales owain glyndwr, not that jug eared imbecile who prefers camilla the horse face to dishy diana :laughing: :laughing:

Hi WBIS, I’m English, but I work for a few Welsh companies, so I’m not getting into the English/Welsh history thing. :wink:

I’d agree that history is often written by the victors, so I’m not surprised that the stories have a pro-English slant to them. :frowning:
I’d also agree that the English have treated the Welsh (and the Scots and the Irish) quite shabbily in the past. :blush:
:blush: TBH mate, I’m not proud of that part of our history. :blush:

dieseldave:

welshboyinspain:

dieseldave:

welshboyinspain:

Hi WBIS, I’m English, but I work for a few Welsh companies, so I’m not getting into the English/Welsh history thing. :wink:

I’d agree that history is often written by the victors, so I’m not surprised that the stories have a pro-English slant to them. :frowning:
I’d also agree that the English have treated the Welsh (and the Scots and the Irish) quite shabbily in the past. :blush:
:blush: TBH mate, I’m not proud of that part of our history. :blush:

still you have to agree charley is a berk horsey faced old bag or dishy sexpot? :laughing: :laughing:

Anyone that thinks Di was dishy or a sexpot wants their eyes testing :open_mouth:

Lonewolf Yorks:
Anyone that thinks Di was dishy or a sexpot wants their eyes testing :open_mouth:

Agreed.