Where to subcontract

Hi mates,
I’ve bought 3 axle Volvo to drive on my own, need advice which subcontractor has good rates and mileage - would be great to get in range 2200-2800 a week:-).

Cart before the horse?

Ain’t so bad, just looking for better:-).

Tractor unit or rigid, and what area are you in?

Try Waller transport or Uki express.
Or Gregory distribution.

Depends were you are and what type of work you are looking for?

cav551:
Cart before the horse?

Why is that then?

I’m based in Peterborough, looking for trucking proposals, don’t have own trailer.

Mattwoodtransport:

cav551:
Cart before the horse?

Why is that then?

He means maybe you should of found the work before buying a unit.

ckm1981:

Mattwoodtransport:

cav551:
Cart before the horse?

Why is that then?

its a catch 22

I’m driving curtainside at the moment, but not really happy with the outcome, so looking to switch somewhere else.

burnley-si:

ckm1981:

Mattwoodtransport:

cav551:
Cart before the horse?

Why is that then?

its a catch 22

Its cheaper to have the note pad,calculator and pen lying idle, whilst trying to sort out the job, than having a MegaGlobeXXXXLLLL tractor unit sat on the drive with no work, IMO :wink:

Driving 5 days a week around 12 daily working hours with more or less 2200 pounds weekly average, think can get more, that is the question, not about carts, horses, pens, tablets, investments and so on.

RHA:
Driving 5 days a week around 12 daily working hours with more or less 2200 pounds weekly average, think can get more, that is the question, not about carts, horses, pens, tablets, investments and so on.

Its not all about the top line, how much fuel are you using to make that 2200 a week ?

chaversdad:

RHA:

Its not all about the top line, how much fuel are you using to make that 2200 a week ?

A lot, but its £2200 top line :open_mouth:
There MUST be profit in there somewhere… :unamused:

RHA:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

£2200 - £1100 in fuel (give or take) - £250/£450 to pay for the truck depending on what you have - wages £650 - trailer £100 = £2100 :open_mouth:

get your own customers less work more money,

or move to mansfield and buy me out and away you go, :grimacing: :grimacing:

burnley-si:
£2200 - £1100 in fuel (give or take) - £250/£450 to pay for the truck depending on what you have - wages £650 - trailer £100 = £2100 :open_mouth:

Can I buy half of it just so I can get my hands on an op disc and you stay at home and be just the TM :grimacing:

Mattwoodtransport:

burnley-si:

Can I buy half of it just so I can get my hands on an op disc and you stay at home and be just the TM :grimacing:

Your pressuming he is his own Tm !!

£36 odd doesn’t look so good as an hourly rate.