When will this brake checking stop

Looks like this trucker could of stopped idiot for brake checking though.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLc_y5eOj4

I call Crash for cash scammer

Mullens:

Oh really? and exactly how heavy was the trucks load and was it a lively load like oiled steel or something? please fill us in on all the minute details that make you firmly believe he could’ve stopped?

and if that wasn’t a crash for cash then I don’t know what is, even the fact he/she in the civic made damned sure of damage with the second go as they pulled over.

That has to be crash for cash, on some of these ‘brake test’ vids you can see some provocation by the truck driver, but in this video there seemed to be none. Presumably people just don’t appreciate how big heavy and how much damage a lorry can do, brake testing a truck has to be one of the most insane things anyone ever does - lets hope the courts tear up his or her licence, a stunt like that could result in a major pile up with people killed and seriously injured.

53 plate - increases the probability that someone fancied a nice new car that qualifies past Khaaan’s new rules for cars entering the London emission zone…

I concur - “cash for crasher.”

Since the police are so uninterested in these matters, perhaps we should get the insurance companies to sort it out among themselves.

Someone tell me if it is actually a legal requirement to “give over your insurance details” at a collision stop scene?

If I refused, for example - would that force the police to get involved? :confused:

Out here, if you call an ambulance because of personal injury, the cops have to attend. Just claim whiplash where you had to brake so hard. :slight_smile:

Bluey Circles:
That has to be crash for cash, on some of these ‘brake test’ vids you can see some provocation by the truck driver, but in this video there seemed to be none. Presumably people just don’t appreciate how big heavy and how much damage a lorry can do, brake testing a truck has to be one of the most insane things anyone ever does - lets hope the courts tear up his or her licence, a stunt like that could result in a major pile up with people killed and seriously injured.

I agree with all of what you have said :smiley:

But I don’t think there’s any point with courts tearing up a non existant licence :unamused:

Rams it again (twice) on the hard shoulder for good measure.
Oh dear

No. The idiot in the car didn’t give him time to stop safely. As already said, we don’t what he was carrying.

In response the title…when they prosecute little ■■■■■ that do it and make it a harsh punishment…i.e Cars ceased …Driving banned and more public naming and shaming

commonrail2:
Rams it again (twice) on the hard shoulder for good measure.
Oh dear

Looked to me like they wanted to maximise the damage so pulled into the hard shoulder than stopped far sharper than was needed. Did it on purpose from what I could see

In for a penny in for a pound. It would have been better to push the idiot further up the lane to the hard shoulder.

There’s a bus driver in Russia who gets praised for educating car drivers in this way, drivers who brake check others deserve everything they get.

peterm:
Out here, if you call an ambulance because of personal injury, the cops have to attend. Just claim whiplash where you had to brake so hard. :slight_smile:

Wot about if you’ve got a stack of cakes in back, and now it’s a big creamy mess?

“Criminal Damage”

or

“I’ve shot my load officer”.

Bluey Circles:

Having watched the video, it seems to be me that the truck was moving back into the slow lane when Mister Red was joining said lane. You can see the truck lurch back into the lane he was in. What happens next though, is clear as day that is Mister Red getting all irate and tries it on. I honestly don’t believe it started out as a crash for cash, just Mister Red thinking he’d show he’s got Billy’s big ■■■■■■■■.

Winseer:

peterm:

Wot about if you’ve got a stack of cakes in back, and now it’s a big creamy mess?

“Criminal Damage”

or

“I’ve shot my load officer”.

I believe a cream pie violation has quite a harsh penalty.
Up to 12 months doin porridge.
Not sure what the penalty for injury from porridge is, but probably envolves a cream pie or two.

[See I can do a clean post].

Radar19:
Having watched the video, it seems to be me that the truck was moving back into the slow lane when Mister Red was joining said lane. You can see the truck lurch back into the lane he was in. What happens next though, is clear as day that is Mister Red getting all irate and tries it on. I honestly don’t believe it started out as a crash for cash, just Mister Red thinking he’d show he’s got Billy’s big ■■■■■■■■.

I see it that the speed difference was such the truck would have been passed red car who was in no hurry as such staying behind traffic joining motorway. No indicators going and that lane continues for at least another 300-400yds.

I think Red sped up decided to move into lane between then, truck obviously tried to move over at same time, saw him and moved back.

No drama really Red obviously went back to lane 1. He wasn’t looking at truck when he moved over eventually to in front so I doubt irate. As for the next actions well it’s obvious what’s happened and cause of crash.

Perhaps he’s a junior Trucker Jay fan and wants to make a mountain( of cash [emoji6]) out of a molehill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nasty stupid attitude from the red car. HGV sees well in advance that he was catching the joining traffic, obviously he checked the middle lane was clear and moved into it, in order to maintain good progress. Excellent forward planning and judgement imho. Idiot in car accelerates in front of the lorry and it’s obvious what happens next, another car driver who is unaware of the limitations (ref. braking) of an HGV. Reason? Car driver saw red mist cos he was of the opinion the lorry should have slowed down and let him in. Again unaware that he was the one who should be fitting in, giving way etc. He was away and clear into space after accelerating like that. I think he realises now that lorries can’t brake as quickly as he can.
Public information films. Bring them back.

Mullens:

Speaking from experience, what if the truck was hauling liquid in a tank ? It is not that easy to stop believe me. Anyway it was an obvious scam.

2 different red cars, car that got rammed was not the car joining the motorway.