When was your last pay rise?

When was your last pay rise?

When did your working conditions improve?

When was the last time you…! Tried to do anything about it?

Drivers in this country are sleeping lions without our hardworking army behind the wheel the country would grind to a Holt in less than 3 days. Yet we never stick together and make ourselves heard, we settle for poor wages, poor conditions of employment and even worst facilities on the road and delivery sites.

Opinions please■■?

Because our roar is worse than our bite.

Been done to death a thousand times.

1st of this month!

July last year, quite a hefty one too. Only pay rise I’ve had since starting there 6 years ago though.

No the last time we stood up to be counted was 1978 national drivers strike, before most were born or learnt to drive I fear. That’s why we are on our knees…!!!

war1974:
1st of this month!

We too are going to get a pay rise back dated to the 1st Jan and we had one last January and we should get one in April but that might be a small one though.

November last year, back dated to beginning of September. Pay is reviewed annually.

Yesterday £1250 on basic a year, also a cost of living rise due in April :smiley:

I know of a place were only the new starters and a select few long term drivers actually get an enhanced rate and increases.
Long term drivers are on 400 take home per week, new starters get 435 take home, which has increased again to 460 take home in the space of 12 months.
Rates have been changed to protect the stupid, but the differences are correct.
I left after I found this out, and left the moaners to carry on moaning to them selves…

Autumn

About six months ago. Fairly decent one too

6th December 2014 - time we has another!

4.5% just before christmas. The pay deal should have been sorted by 1st Nov so I’ve got a nice lump of back dated pay coming next week :smiley:

in 6 months- 10% rise +3% or the rate of inflation (whatever is higher)
in 18months - same again

couple of rises after that but only 2.5%

i’ve never understood why wages never go up either, its got to be one of the only sectors (bar public sector) where annual rises or performance related increases aren’t passed onto the workforce. Thats mainly the reason i left :frowning:

Just jacked my job today in fact, starting new job on Monday, going 10 minutes down the road for a £4K per annum rise Mon till Fri , 7 am till 5pm. I never moan or complain just vote with my feet.

Autumn, average of an extra £25 per day.

weeto:
I know of a place were only the new starters and a select few long term drivers actually get an enhanced rate and increases.
Long term drivers are on 400 take home per week, new starters get 435 take home, which has increased again to 460 take home in the space of 12 months.
Rates have been changed to protect the stupid, but the differences are correct.
I left after I found this out, and left the moaners to carry on moaning to them selves…

thats an arle arse tactic they use to get all you lads on an old school contract out the door, leaving all the new lads with the any 5 days in 7 and other no rights bull that they put in them these days

Text from an agency yesterday who’s rate has been £10 days, £12 nights for at least 7 years. Just been changed to £11.50 days, £13 nights though no change for Sat or Sun.

last august-after i handed my notice in due to a very good offer somewhere else
then i got the “what will we have to pay you to stay?”
thrashed out a deal and i stayed.very very worthwhile :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1989 :grimacing:

I asked recently about pay rises ,and was told too work some more o/t :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: