When do you shower?

Got in to a big argument this morning with 3 drivers ( of which one was a Dutchman ) When you finally find somewhere in the UK to park up with showers WHEN do you shower ? now me , ive always parked up then catch up with paperwork (i.e. sun crossword ) go and get a shower have a meal then try and relax for the night OR put my flares on and go clubbing kebab, try and pull , etc ,etc then next morning have a good wash breakfast then off i go , the second driver stepped back and called me a grotbag ,i was gutted to the point i needed a hug and kind words (even if they were in Dutch , and i didnt know what was being said they were welcome ) the 1st driver said you shower that night then again in the morning ( i dont know about anybody else but my hair turns to wire if i do that ,and my looks for the day are then ruined ) the 2nd driver said only shower in the morning , that way your fresh for the day ( but you stink all night , i thought ) and then the dutchman said only shower if your dirty !!! ( as we all know Dutch drivers can wear white socks and clogs , white shorts and tanktop and be tipping or loading coal They stay clean ) so WHOs right ?

shower !

Everyday now.In the luxury of my own shower.Better than when i used to be up the road.

Tony b

normally when i am being loaded or get some time during the day. if not its out with the old wet wipes just depends how the day goes!!! :blush: :blush: :laughing:

Once a month whether i need one or not.

usally sometime in the afternoon when the showers are quiet and normally clean.

wait a minute ! im on to something here ,WHY dont they invent underpants and vest , socks , and them other things for you lady drivers n Eddie Scumbart drivers and make them out of wet wipes ! ok when you first put them on they might be damp or moist ( but then arnt most PROPER drivers normal undercrackers ) and you might have to litually peel them off at night But hey ! one less thing to worry about when its time to park up , AND look at the flavours you could have PINE , NEW CAR SMELL , LEMON, that blue one that makes your eyes sting , WHO could pass at New car smell , undercrackers ,talk about giving you confedance in the morning ,the world would be your oyster. I could even chuck away that old tin bath i keep in my cab for back up ,…

Dragons Den here i come !!

you only need as shower once a year and thats at xmas :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i shower in the evening so that i can stay in bed a little longer dreaming about taffy traffic

Shower!! :open_mouth:
I shower in the evening late…If I have one that is… :wink: depends wherabouts I’ve parked and whether the showers are any good etc.

when it rains :smiley:

When we were kids, we never had a running supply of hot water, so it was bathtime on saturday, thats right, once a week…after my ol dad had lit the boiler, and the logs had been delivered.

These days, i just look at the skid marks…if theyre faint ones, i leave the shower for the following day…

never did see the point of a shower in the evening, and again the next morning
a complete waste of energy and time.

So all you namby pambys take note…you never get dirty enough anyway

Whenever possible !!!

Stinking drivers are bad news :unamused:

truckyboy:
When we were kids, we never had a running supply of hot water, so it was bathtime on saturday, thats right, once a week…

Once a week! LUXURY!

Our dad use t’ pour boiling acid over us ‘eads twice a month until we were clean t’ bone, then we’d have to lick acid off floor wi’tounge! AND pay him ha’penny for the privilege!

if im home i get one in morning and one before bed or the odd nice hot bath. makes up for the ones i miss on road.

On road most places i load up from are decent places and get use of there shower so very rare i dont get one i even end up paying to use the ones in dover port while im waiting to be loaded…its not the shower that i dont mind missing aslong as get a wash where possible the main 1 for me is BRUSH MY TEETH cant stand the feeling of having a grotty mouth and feel of fur on teeth so teeth get brushed about 3 times a shift lol :smiley:

truckyboy:
So all you namby pambys take note…you never get dirty enough anyway

wanna help me wash out my lorry after having 350 sheep in it for a few hours :wink:

FWIW I arrange a 45 on the way home where I can shower if possible :wink: or if I’m doing a night out I park up, shower, eat and then sleep !!

When I was in the army (last week, haha) there was a regular delivery every few days, every time the driver would come in and ask if he could use the shower, while I took the load off with the forks. I had no problem with him doing so. Once he was finished, he’d mosey on down to the cookhouse for some subsidised scoff and a read of the papers, then off he went, fed, washed and watered.

If more places would let drivers use their facilities, keeping reasonably clean wouldn’t be such a problem.

Just got to have the cheek to ask I suppose.

Chiz you are very correct if you don’t ask you don’t get, Most large companies do have showers these days and if you ask nicely they do let you use them and if you are really lucky they have a subsidised canteen you can use aswell!!

You tell em , trucky boy, I was told by a driver today , that he does,nt shower Mon to Fri but has 5 showers on saturday , ( i was afraid ) But then an older driver who still does something called Roping and Sheeting ( rings a bell , but cant rember too painful ) said he waits till it rains then strips down to his vest and Y fronts climbs up on to the top of his sheeted load making a dip in the sheet which then fills up with water , and before you know it your having a bath , and then in true old school mode , said he lets anyone jump in after him , what a guy ! and they say theres no more gentlemen in the Haulage game ,! Hes a God.