When do you finish for Christmas

I finished yesterday, off until Wed 3rd Jan. :sunglasses:
Looking forward to seeing a few old mates I ain’t seen for a while in my old home town, a day out with each of my daughters, and I’ve been promised breakfast out with my eldest lad one day this week, and a few meals out with my lovely Mrs.

Although first day off, got off to a ■■■■ bad start. :smiling_imp:
Had today all planned to meet up with 2 mates to watch Man U v Liverpool in Spoons with lunch…woke up this morning with my boat swollen up like a.effin football after an allergic reaction to an exfoliating face wash lotion last night.
Absolutely ■■■■ ■■■■■■ off like a bear with a sore arse…or in this case sore face . :smiling_imp: …so don’t upset me today. :smiley:

Anyhoo, when does everybody else finish?

Just been told by a mate who works at Stobarts that all hols in December (apart from Christmas and Boxing days) are banned. :open_mouth:

Exfoliating facewash lotion. Just thought it was worth repeating that again. :smiley: Rearrange this well known phrase; horse, stable door, bolted, close! :smiley:

As for Chrimbo I’m reckoning that by midweek this week there’ll be nothing left to drive as we’re dehiring trailers at a rate of between two and six per day, with about seven units a week being reassigned to different depots.

I did have a strange Christmas party last week where some weird ■■■■■■■■ fella kept bothering me :smiley:

the maoster:
Exfoliating facewash lotion. Just thought it was worth repeating that again. :smiley: Rearrange this well known phrase; horse, stable door, bolted, close! :smiley:

Mate seriously …c’mon you know me.
It’s expensive and takes a bit of work looking as good as this. :sunglasses:
It does not just come about by luck and accident. :laughing:

the maoster:
I did have a strange Christmas party last week where some weird ■■■■■■■■ fella kept bothering me :smiley:

The same night that bird said we looked like twins. :open_mouth:
■■■■ knows what she had been drinking :smiley:

22nd but I’m back in boxing day afternoon to head out to Germany.

Finish the morn of 23rd then back in Boxing Day late evening.
5 nightshifts then off again for 31st NYE festivities!!!
Never take many holidays in Winter as always prefer to take the most of them over Spring/Summer time ref longer days and hopefully better weather.

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Only work fri/sat,so no need to book any extra days off.
Used them all,anyway.

Fri morning and back in Tues night. 4 whopping days off this year. Joys of supermarket work.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I don’t.

4 on 4 off… and we’re generally not allowed to book holiday in any part of Dec. I tried booking 29th off, and it got declined!

Luckily my 4 off fall in a good way this year, so I get Xmas eve and Xmas day and NYE and NYD off.

Finish 22nd and start back as normal on the 2nd, we have to keep 3 or 4 days for Christmas shutdown!!!

Although I think I’ve used em for some days off I needed!!!

For me it’s finishing Saturday night/sun morning then back Thursday, I do Retail deliveries so busy time of year for us.

It has been a busy run up to Christmas this year surprisingly. Thought they wouldn’t be much money about.

Friday22nd then back in 27th for 3 days then off till 3rd seeing quack and vet on the Tuesday morning the 2nd

Finish 19th fly out Wednesday to Patong Fi 12 nights. Back in 6th January. Same here very hard to get days off in November and December. Unless you book in advance

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

andy187:
Finish 19th fly out Wednesday to Patong Fi 12 nights. Back in 6th January. Same here very hard to get days off in November and December. Unless you book in advance

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

Same here Oct-Dec is hard to get any time off. We have a rota who is off Christmas week…for me it’s 2030 :open_mouth:

After tomorrow, I’m off for 6, in for 3 and off for 15. :smiley:

Despite only doing an average of 3 days a week ** for the past few months (by choice), I feel as I’ve already started the countdown to Christmas a couple of weeks ago. As I caught COVID and was laid up for a week and then I had a couple of days off to go to the dentist for a tooth out. This week the 3 days is cut to 2, as Monday morning (unsurprisingly) is cancelled so I’m scheduled to work Tuesday and Friday. So while I was off last week I picked up my brand new car (VW Gti) and that is booked in for new car detailing and polishing from the 27th, so after Friday I’m having the week off between Christmas and New Year so I can drop off the car and let them do their thing while I’m on the sofa

** my contract still has the guaranteed 24hrs pay clause so even if they don’t get me a 3rd shift this week, they’ll make up my wages. I m enjoying the additional time off working on 3 days a week.
As for the Monday morning shift cancellation, they’ve cancelled every Monday morning shift over the past 4 months, so it was no surprise, plus it’s likely that they will pay me the shortfall that’s why I was in the pub Sunday afternoon because I knew they would cancel the shift sometime after 6pm

Finished a couple of weeks ago , not sure when I start back yet as I work in the music touring sector . Amazingly bored already ! :unamused:

Like a few have said already, we have to save 3 days for between Xmas and New Year, also I had 1 day left so I finish this Thursday afternoon then back 2nd Jan, looking forward to it, out with the good lady on some walks

The gas man:
Like a few have said already, we have to save 3 days for between Xmas and New Year, also I had 1 day left so I finish this Thursday afternoon then back 2nd Jan, looking forward to it, out with the good lady on some walks

The swear filter missed that one. :wink: