Whats your username mean?

Whilst talking to Shuttlespanker the other day, he explained what his username meant, and that it wasnt rude.

I am so called because I have been known has Bug for years, and I used to have a Cosworth.

What does your username mean?

ROG a shortened version of my real name or Really Old Git :exclamation: :exclamation:

I’m sure some came come up with other variations… :wink: :laughing:

Now let me see. :laughing:

Now you have mentioned it, i had better explain :confused:

it comes from one of my hobbies, flying radio controlled helicopters, one manufacturer makes a model called a Shuttle, in the club where i fly, if you crash, they call it a spanking

well, as you can guess, i crashed the heli quite a few times at the start ofthe hobby, hence Shuttlespanker :blush:

It’s Cockney rhyming slang for something.

Harry Monk:
It’s Cockney rhyming slang for something.

Would that be the same stuff Marc Almond was supposed to have had a pint off in his stomach?, Allegedely :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Simple really

Nick and the year I joined 2008

Mine is from when I was based in Gibraltar (until 07) hence the Gib and the last part is in not so olden money in the navy before we had logisticians I was a leading stores accountant (LSA for Short) so there you have it

GIBLSA

Mine is probably the most profound on here.

It comes from the days when I used to IRC, yup I was one of the boring people that spent time in the chatrooms. Well we used to do LARP (Live Action RolePlay) yup I’m also a real boring git… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had a character in the vampire rp we use to do, but because he could manipulate shadows and was sort of wraith like in appearence and could use the shadows to travel around I became known as Shadow Wraith, which ofcourse over time got shortened to SWraith.

It’s also my CB handle.

Mine is after the first truck I drove 1963

mine is my name and my age when i first joined. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

my avatar is an old time comedian known as the cheeky chappie real name max miller.

he was very risque in his time and the bbc banned him.

the blue book red book signature is the clean and riskt style of jokes.

:blush: Mine isn’t anything too imaginative, it’s simply my old CB handle from the days when we all used AM CBs. :grimacing:

Jen is my real name :laughing: :laughing:

This should be an interesting post, as theres a few names ive been wondering about the origins of. E.G. Neil46’s story of the blue and red book is something that ive always wondered about, now i know!!
My surname is very unusual, and its got 12 letters in it. When i started secondry school people gave up on my surname and abbreviated it (wrongly ) to kindle (as in the sticks you use to start a fire, kindling) and it is still my nickname today, even my mum calls me it!
The 530 comes from a 530 144 Scania i was driving when i joined Trucknet.

I wnet to buy a dog years a ago the previous owner called it lantern (FFS) so me and the misses decided it needed to be renamed on the way home we called it all the names we could think of sdpoit,scamp etc etc and I said it was Jammy that we got him away from her his ears pricked up when i said Jammy I tried it a few times and he looked at me so his name stuck.

Oh yes and he was a total Mutt.

I was given the nickname Iggy by a Killick Stoker when I was in the Royal Navy and joined my first ship. My surname is the same as a type of fuel igniter on steam boilers and the scouse three badgeman shortened igniter to Iggy…

It’s stuck ever since… even my wife calls me Iggy… :laughing:

Scottish and a cruiser, well used to be untilI started tramping :smiley:

Bubsy was a nickname I got in primary school. It is the name of a cat in a computer game from the mid 90’s. Cant remember how i got the nickname tho

I stole mine from another poster on another site…I’m not very creative :cry:

I used to always use The Great Bikemonkey when I first got a computer 9 years ago…although im not quite as great as I once was. :wink: :smiley:
was well into motorbikes and was also was a cheeky monkey when I was younger (still am now and then) :wink: …have been forced to be all sensible and grown up nowadays though. :unamused: :cry: