What's your longest day of driving been?

Alright lads and ladies,

Just wanted to see how much people push the driving hours to the limit.

Highest score wins [emoji6]

18T Flatbed driver for Shepherd Distribution Services

9.59hrs driving from Sherburn-In-Elmet to East Kilbride and back via A1, M62, M61, M6 as the snow gates were shut on the A66 and A69. On the way back the A69 had reopened so came back via A1
5.30hrs up there and swap trailers
4.29hrs back, stop at gatehouse and dekit, let someone else fuel up

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

32hrs paid///////A 8hr day at single time then 16hrs at 1.5 when snowploughs were allowed to work all hrs7am-7am home till noon then out for another looong shift till rds were opened.

Few years ago I did 87 hrs driving over 2 weeks.
Only work Mon to Fri though.
Reason why I did 2 trips a week Manchester to Aberdeen amd back one week.
Then next week sent me to Plymouth and all over really.
Most ever driven over a 2 week period.
But I’d rather do 1 long driver than stop start all day long

MichalStef:
Alright lads and ladies,

Shows what a easy life you have if you think that’s out of the ordinary, it for me would of been like any other day

Cherbourg to…

Castets which was your first 10 hour drive used up.

If you really pushed, you could get further and stop at one the rest areas a little further south.

Double-manned Waltham Abbey, Burton Latimer, Channel Tunnel stopping overnight at Sunbilla.

I’ve driven further for cash incentives. :wink:

Yourhavingalarf , you mentioned Waltham Abbey , I’m guessing it was the round trips to Gibraltar when the Safeway firstly opened then became Morrisons.
The sub contract for that , I can’t remember their name, something Express? And double manning.

Continental Express part of the Stubbins group!

I will take the fifth amendment on this one, the statute barred rules could be changed at any moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

No Comment!

Tarmaceater:

Burlington Ocean Express before that?
Pegasus??

I saw the crash site of the Burlington firm on that bend before Burgos , not much left of the cab and a debris scatter range similar to a bomb going off .
The two drivers were killed (Double manning)and the rumour was,with the shock of what was coming, the driver had a heart attack.
I could never make Castets from Ouistreham or Le Havre in one shift and never liked the place anyway as the Gendarmes were always floating around on the entrance roundabout.
And the smell of the men’s urinal wafting up to the bar area .

Tarmaceater:

Yeh…

That’s them. I did it when it Safeways was loading out of Aylesford and then, Morrisions out of Burton Latimer.

Tarmaceater:
And the smell of the men’s urinal wafting up to the bar area .

To be fair, I found the stink of the bogs downstairs was completely overwhelmed by the smell of Gitanes, Disc Bleu, Marlboro reds and garlic.
The food was average and un-exciting but there was always the help yourself buffet to fill up on.
There are many much better places to eat in France but, it was 10 hours so that’s why most of us used it.

And after tipping Gibraltar, the reload was a full days driving away such as Murcia , Alicante, or Barcelona and if on tilt trailers or tautliners , it literally could be anything from farm machinery, tiles and ceramics: Onda or Castellon , or clothing to shoes .
For the fridge guys probably fruit, vegetables or salads from Almeria areas .

Couldn’t beat the fresh seafood buffet at Vivonne truck stop on the National 10 or the family owned place opposite that had a log fire and homemade cooking.
I used the restaurant in the big supermarket in Angouleme , cheap and good quality food .
Remember the Irish lad Jimmy Gillespie or JEG trans who had a yard In Wakefield and Onda , I would dread tile collecting as long Siestas and addresses that were the office and not the factory and nobody knew where it was and asking locals who lived there all their lives didn’t know too .

Or the onions out of Pobla de Villabona near Valencia, and the agriculture certificate to let you run as perishable on a Sunday truck ban for France.
Ironically the onions would not be sold until on the Dieppe to Newhaven LD lines ferry or starting a night shift to tip UK markets from anywhere such as London, South West , Midlands, Yorkshire or Scotland.
Remember Robert Wood from Wakefield, I worked for him .

Years ago I went from Northampton to ■■■■■■■■■■■ one night, and drove back as far as I legally could. I made it to Tebay services, and I remember it being just over 9 hours 50. Through 20 years driving on tacho I can count the number of 9+ hour drives on one hand.

As a side note, it pee’d me off last month where I did 9 hours 7 min. Had to have a bloody 45 min break for the sake of 7 mins extra driving!

dozy:

MichalStef:
Alright lads and ladies,

Shows what a easy life you have if you think that’s out of the ordinary, it for me would of been like any other day

Haha that was an easy day [emoji1787][emoji1787] the driving part is easy… try sheeting and strapping down when it’s ■■■■■■■ it down with rain and you have 30 drops to get off in yorks [emoji6]

MichalStef:
Alright lads and ladies,

Hang on a minute… 4 minutes break all day? :laughing:

ezydriver:
Hang on a minute… 4 minutes break all day?

You`re right !
The lazy slacker needs sacking. :smiley:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

You`re right !

I’d send him across the road to pick up an MOT trailer with that unused drive time too!

Kids these days, eh?

ezydriver:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

You`re right !

I’d send him across the road to pick up an MOT trailer with that unused drive time too!

Kids these days, eh?

Were you my last boss?

Franglais:

ezydriver:

Franglais:

ezydriver:

You`re right !

Kids these days, eh?

Were you my last boss?

I’m everybody’s boss :smiley: