What's your longest day of driving been?

On Dukes & I am sure many others back in the day, driving time was never calculated in hours.

There were times when nobody cared and you could drive a much as you wanted with as little rest as you wanted, the old tachograph it was easy to fiddle and the people who checked it were none the wiser most of the time
I was one of them but im sure there are plenty of people on here who could tell a story that you would never believe
16 18 20 hours driving only stopping for cat naps for 15 minutes, taking pro plus to keep awake, there was a lot of price work at that time, and a lot of cash in hand so the quicker the more rewarding

dave docwra:
On Dukes & I am sure many others back in the day, driving time was never calculated in hours.

:wink:

ezydriver:

Franglais:

ezydriver:
Hang on a minute… 4 minutes break all day?

You`re right !
The lazy slacker needs sacking. :smiley:

I’d send him across the road to pick up an MOT trailer with that unused drive time too!

Kids these days, eh?

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

18T Flatbed driver for Shepherd Distribution Services

Probably done longer ones, but a regular one once upon a time was:
Get off the Travemünde ferry in Sweden in the evening with a clean card
Unload/load at our terminal in Southern Sweden, full load of wine for Oslo
Run up to the Norwegian border on someone else’s card, catch a quick nap on the border until your own card is good to go.
Clear customs, drop the load in Oslo
Haul ■■■ to central Sweden, load either paper or steel for Spain, a full load when it comes to weight but not by volume
Pedal to the metal down to Helsingborg, load groupage in up to three terminals, followed by our own terminal for reloading
Catch the 2.30 ferry back to Germany, been a while now since my own card had been in.

You know you’re in a hurry when you need a magnet to show breaks on someone else’s card :laughing:

milodon:
Probably done longer ones, but a regular one once upon a time was:
Get off the Travemünde ferry in Sweden in the evening with a clean card
Unload/load at our terminal in Southern Sweden, full load of wine for Oslo
Run up to the Norwegian border on someone else’s card, catch a quick nap on the border until your own card is good to go.
Clear customs, drop the load in Oslo
Haul ■■■ to central Sweden, load either paper or steel for Spain, a full load when it comes to weight but not by volume
Pedal to the metal down to Helsingborg, load groupage in up to three terminals, followed by our own terminal for reloading
Catch the 2.30 ferry back to Germany, been a while now since my own card had been in.

You know you’re in a hurry when you need a magnet to show breaks on someone else’s card :laughing:

LOL sounds similar to the runs to Stockholm from Ireland load Friday in Ireland, arrive Stockholm market for early Monday morning no long boats down through Calais, Puttgarten or through Denmark depending on the load then Stockholm, surprisingly a large number of analogue lorries on that run :smiley:
All done using long boats now.