What's your diet like?

Best thing i did was buy one of those Juicer/blender/smoothy maker things. When I’m not tramping all i do is throw a banana, apple, some grapes and orange juice in.
Surprising how full it makes me feel! (600ml) Had a look online and found allrecipies.co.uk, i know its not catering for the tramping trucker but some good meals on there to plan for the week.

Started it a couple of weeks back , only 25 weigh 12 n half st , just joined the gym again for exercise hard work tramping lol , bowl of cereal in the morning piece of fruit at 10 , tuna salad or tuna wraps for dinner then bowl of soup/cereal or cook something decent on the night depending on how hot the weather is lol , I cheat at the weekend anything goes lol

nick2008:
As the Title say “What’s your diet like” I haven’t a clue the x wife took everything house kids money and as far as I know she took the DIET too . :wink:

Same here nick … my ex mrs fleeced me too so I had to go on a diet to pay for everything. Probably why I’ve lost a bit of weight and she’s still a great fat lump of lard :laughing:

I joined slimming world a couple of months back. Its a good diet and i probaly eat more nowthan before.
weights creeping off food side im fine with and i feel better in myself full stop. Only bit i fall down on is i like a few pints on a friday or saturday and beer is a killer for syns.
Been doing about 40 miles a week cycling too. I only work days so its easy enough to bring packed lunch for work.

Save your syns up mate. Keep around 5 a day then you will have enough for a few pints at the weekend

green456:
what’s a diet?
weighed 10 stone from 18 yrs and still weigh 10st at 62
sorry guys :smiley:

I thought i was a racing snake at 12 stone,andthats mostly metal rods and bolts holding me together :laughing:

i eat 5 meals a day. have alarms set on my phone to remind me to eat feel great for it but i used to be 30 stone and lost a load of weight years ago

daleyboy:
Save your syns up mate. Keep around 5 a day then you will have enough for a few pints at the weekend

Thats what i tend to do shame no one can come up with syn free beer. Lol

I try to keep a healthy diet when working ,I have them belvita breakfast biscuits on a morning then a piece of fruit mid morning , lunch is normally a sandwich and then a piece of fruit in the afternoon…normally have what ever I fancy for tea :smiley:
Oh and on a Friday I treat me self to a sausage sandwich.
Iv been using them belvita biscuits for over a year now and although you don’t feel full after them I find I’m not hungry for a good 5 hr after iv eaten them,so they must be better for you than fried breakfasts.

my diets not too bad . its when I eat that’s the problem :frowning: eg yesterday had my cornflakes at 3.15 am , a cup of coffee (flask) and a banana at @ 8ish then a chicken wrap and smoothy (asda) @ 12 ish ,then called in at carnforth @ 5.30 for a rather large ham salad . I was still feeling full when I went to bed just after 9. I started at a gym a couple of months ago due to blood pressure and a expanding waistline . while my general well being and fitness level has definitely improved and the quality of sleep also ( I now get up feeling like ive had a sleep after 6hrs rather than needing at least 7-8 hrs ) however my waistline is still the same and I still weigh 16 stone :frowning: :frowning: but I enjoy it ,especially if I can get in just afer 9 am when the yummy mummies have dropped the kids off at school :wink:

daleyboy:
When I changed jobs from tramping to days I started slimming World.

Started mid November weighing in at 27 stone 11lbs. Now weighing in at 21 stone 6lbs. So im just shy of 6.5 stone in 9 months. I’ve gone from a 54 waist to a 44 waist and a 5xl to shirt to a 2xl.

All this has been down to change of diet. No exercise, although I bought a bike at Christmas and now I’ve shifted 6.5 stone I now cycle 100 miles a week.

Congratulations mate, that’s seriously good work.

As well as the cardio you are getting from the cycling you really should think about adding in some strength/resistance training to help tighten things up. In 2012 I dropped 9.5 stone in 11 months through a combination of diet, (that’s diet with a small ‘d’ as ‘Diets’ only work while you are on them and when you stop the weight is likely to go back on so as you say it’s a lifestyle change) cardio and plenty of resistance training and I didn’t end up with loose or hanging skin that people who have significant amounts of weight to lose often do. You have probably seen some of those programs on TV when someone losses a lot of weight and ends up having an operation to lose a stone or so of skin. Hit the weights, or even a program of just body weight exercises and it goes a long way to avoiding that situation.

I’m a Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer these days and any of my clients that have a lot of weight to lose do more strength training than cardio in their programs and the weight still drops of while they also tighten and tone, well it does if they stick to the nutrition side of things and don’t undo the good work they do while working out by hitting up Maccy D’s and the like. :smiley: :smiling_imp: :imp:

Again, well done on the amazing weight loss so far, keep it up.

Thanks Coffee. I do need to look at getting some resistance training done. Trouble is I have to be very careful because of my back, because I broke it a few years ago.

Going to look at joining the gym when the weather gets crappy so I can train inside.

I also do Krav maga when I can, which during the summer is none existent.

And wow that is pretty impressive weight loss fella, i’m aiming for about the same as you so I’ve still got another 3 stone to lose. Doctors have said I should be about 14 stone for my height, but I will be happy with late 18s

syramax:
my diets not too bad . its when I eat that’s the problem :frowning: eg yesterday had my cornflakes at 3.15 am , a cup of coffee (flask) and a banana at @ 8ish then a chicken wrap and smoothy (asda) @ 12 ish ,then called in at carnforth @ 5.30 for a rather large ham salad . I was still feeling full when I went to bed just after 9. I started at a gym a couple of months ago due to blood pressure and a expanding waistline . while my general well being and fitness level has definitely improved and the quality of sleep also ( I now get up feeling like ive had a sleep after 6hrs rather than needing at least 7-8 hrs ) however my waistline is still the same and I still weigh 16 stone :frowning: :frowning: but I enjoy it ,especially if I can get in just afer 9 am when the yummy mummies have dropped the kids off at school :wink:

When you eat isn’t really an issue. That thing about not eating after a certain time or at certain times is pretty much ■■■■■■■■, a calorie is a calorie regardless of what time it goes into your body. Not eating after a certain time is only a good idea if a person suffers from any medical conditions such as gastric reflux which is made worse by lying down too soon after eating.

Looking at what you are eating and saying that you go to the gym it could be you aren’t eating enough. In many cases, especially when partaking in exercise you actually need to eat more to lose weight. It’s not ‘Starvation Mode’ that people go on about but it can slow your metabolism. You need to create a healthy calorie deficit rather than an extreme one to keep the weight loss ticking along nicely.

On the other hand it could just be that you aren’t working out at the right level and getting the heart rate up when you are at the gym because you are being distracted by the Yummy Mummies. Eyes on the prize mate, not the boobies. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

daleyboy:
Thanks Coffee. I do need to look at getting some resistance training done. Trouble is I have to be very careful because of my back, because I broke it a few years ago.

Going to look at joining the gym when the weather gets crappy so I can train inside.

Get advise from the gym staff or a PT and they could create a program for you which will avoid exercises which will stress your back but at the same time make it stronger. For instance squats are a fantastic exercise but in your case you could do deadlifts which when performed with the correct form give you as big a bang for your buck as squats but don’t affect the lower back anywhere near what a squat does.

Have a word with your doctor and see if there is a GP referral program in your area where the Doc will refer you to a gym for exercise to aid weight loss. At the gyms I work at we get a lot of people referred for various reasons, diabetes, high blood pressure, and obesity among others, and they get 30 sessions. They pay a nominal sum for the sessions but it works out a lot cheaper than a membership, and in many cases at the end of their 30 sessions they can get referred again. It actually saves the NHS money as exercise cost less than medication.

I did get referred to my local gym, but you know as well as me with this job you can never plan anything. I should be ok from September as thats when I do the last of our shows and then I will be on 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday in the yard so will be able to sort it out.

As far as the back goes, making it stronger won’t fix my back. As I have nerve damage and arthritis in it, but I know what I can and can’t do with it so not too much of an issue.

Luckily baggy skin hasn’t been an issue for me (yet) and I think the best excercise for me will be swimming. I’ve been swimming everyday for the last 2 weeks while I have been on holiday and my back has been fine, so I am going to keep it up when I get home. I’m sure I can find a couple of hours a week for swimming and I’ve also just bought a punchbag for the garage!!

I heard recently that a lot of the time when you feel peckish and have a nibble, you’re actually a bit dehydrated and should have some water instead. Is this a load of old ■■■■■■■■, or is there something in it?

daleyboy:
I’m sure I can find a couple of hours a week for swimming and I’ve also just bought a punchbag for the garage!!

All respect to what you’re doing, bud! Swimming is amazing exercise, don’t lose that.
I’d be a little cautious with the punchbag, if it were me - when my back has been playing up in the past, sharp shocks have put recovery back, a lot.
All the best!

dazcapri:
What makes me laugh is the guy who orders 2 extra large whoppers + fries + 2 apple pies and a …Diet coke :laughing:

I got stick a couple of weeks back for getting a Mars Bar and a Diet Coke but normal Coketo me tastes like tea with 20 sugars,I drink it cos I prefer the taste
[/quote]
I hear people joke about the diet coke thing all the time, but a litre of full fat coke is about 400cals which is almost as much as the whopper burger. Plus its full of bad ■■■ sugar (look up “sugar the bitter truth” in youtube if you have a spare hour - not all calories are the same!)

Don’t take the ■■■■, but I’ve joined a slimming world group and have lost almost a stone in 4 weeks. Old diet was 2 packs of grab bag crisps for breakfast, 2 packs of grab bag crisps for lunch plus a MSA sandwich plus something unhealthy for dinner. Now its fruit, chicken, ham, lean meat etc … feel fuller for longer and more alert.

scaniason:
I heard recently that a lot of the time when you feel peckish and have a nibble, you’re actually a bit dehydrated and should have some water instead. Is this a load of old ■■■■■■■■, or is there something in it?

Follow the 20 minute rule. If you feel peckish then have some water. If you still feel peckish after 20 minutes then you are genuinely hungry for food. Check out “sugar - the bitter truth” on youtube to see how sugar suppresses the hormone that tells you you are full.

I was going up to fradley yesterday about 4 in afternoon and past a stobbie truck parked up in layby,back door was open and it looked like driver was running up and down trailer,there was bottle of water near back doors and also a set of dumbells,at time I thought fair play to him,