What's your diet like?

When I had my medical last year the Doc said my blood pressure was slightly high so I’ve cut out the fatty fried stuff as much as I can and do feel better for it.

Does anyone else try to eat healthy and if you do you’re own cooking in the cab what do you cook ■■?

I use m@s at the services a lot,salads,fruit etc,just despair when I see another driver the size of a house exiting Greggs :unamused: :frowning:

Usually for breakfast i`m a beans on toast man, sometimes with cheese, but definitely with daddies sauce, not too healthy, i dont usually eat again until the evening meal which always consists of a salad, plus a meat dish with alternate rice, pasta or potatoes in different guises but at the mo i am at home.
When on the road its a cup of tea with a few biscuits, later on its a sandwich and depending how i feel a service area takeaway but ab healthy one ( is that possible ) i usually have a chicken wrap or sandwich, a truckstop is a better option where the food is of better quality, more variety and that includes the healthy options.

What makes me laugh is the guy who orders 2 extra large whoppers + fries + 2 apple pies and a …Diet coke :laughing:

When I changed jobs from tramping to days I started slimming World.

Started mid November weighing in at 27 stone 11lbs. Now weighing in at 21 stone 6lbs. So im just shy of 6.5 stone in 9 months. I’ve gone from a 54 waist to a 44 waist and a 5xl to shirt to a 2xl.

All this has been down to change of diet. No exercise, although I bought a bike at Christmas and now I’ve shifted 6.5 stone I now cycle 100 miles a week.

My new job has away again for a night or two here and there and I just plan and cook slimming world meals before I go away and that sees me through till I get home.

I used to cook alot in the cab and then stopped and started buying takeaways and piled the weight on.

I now pack everything I’m going to eat for the whole week and plan everything. I take no money to work with me so if I eat all my food by 10am tough, I have to go hungry.

It’s all about making the right choices when you eat, and slimming world isn’t a diet it’s a whole lifestyle change.

Even now while I’m on holiday in Spain I’m still thinking about what I’m eating and i’m hoping to still lose when I weigh in next week.

Just to add I stand at 6"8 so I’m not short either.

markoc:
I’ve cut out the fatty fried stuff as much as I can and do feel better for it.

+1. A few months ago I did a cpc module & we were offered a free sandwiches etc in the greasy spoon across the road, ordered a bacon sandwich on the 1st day & I felt sick when I tucked in, couldn’t even finish it.

I have always been relatively slim, but doing this job did eventually see me start to develop a pot belly and double chin etc. Started to sort things out over the past year or so by quite simply cutting out the snacking between meals, controlling my portion sizes and trying to get off my arse and be active wherever possible.

Cut down the amount of chocolate bars and biscuits you have with your brews, stop opting for the biggest portion sizes available, obviously cut down the fatty foods and start walking more. Obviously, this alone won’t turn you from Rick Waller into Linford Christie, but it’ll make your feel and look better over time. It doesn’t have to be all about boring diets, eating salads and going jogging.

I’ll normally have a bowl of cereal in the morning, then lunch is normally a sausage roll, scotch egg or something with salad and a roll then lunch is at the moment is that filled pasta and a sauce or lamb chop/gammon with potatoes, peas and carrots. And if I get hungry between meals I eat fruit not a chocolate bar/packet of crisps, normally get through 3-4 bananas, packet of peaches, plums, apricots and kiwi fruits oh and bag of apples/pears in a week…oh did I say I like fruit!

What makes me laugh is the guy who orders 2 extra large whoppers + fries + 2 apple pies and a …Diet coke :laughing:
[/quote]
I got stick a couple of weeks back for getting a Mars Bar and a Diet Coke but normal Coketo me tastes like tea with 20 sugars,I drink it cos I prefer the taste

truckyboy:

Yeah, thats only so he can roll it down a hill to the gardener, see if he takes his top off lol

during the day, i try to eat as much fruit as possible, no chocolate or crisps (maybe a mars bar for breakfast :open_mouth: ). and when i get home, my dinner is chicken with rice or pasta and salad. my vice is redbull though :blush:

every month, i like to treat myself to 20 chicken nuggets from maccie d’s :grimacing:

Started mid November weighing in at 27 stone 11lbs. Now weighing in at 21 stone 6lbs. So im just shy of 6.5 stone in 9 months. I’ve gone from a 54 waist to a 44 waist and a 5xl to shirt to a 2xl.

Congrats daleyboy…I bet you feel better for it.

I’m 11st, I was 11.5 but since going back on the flour I’ve sweated it off. :smiley: I rarely eat breakfast apart from a cereal bar (I keep in the cab). I don’t bring hardly any lunch to work but then I get a lot of freebies. I barely get 1/5 a day and will drink a pint of Wychwoods’ finest in the evening. I also wont eat at rat vans.

Try and have 3 small meals a day and watch the weight fly off,if you have one big meal your body holds on to it,thats from the bloke who runs the gym i go to [when im in the mood],not very often lately :blush:

As the Title say “What’s your diet like” I haven’t a clue the x wife took everything house kids money and as far as I know she took the DIET too . :wink:

Diets reasonable during the week but at the weekend it’s cider, pizza,burgers,chips etc I just haven’t got the want to live healthy at the weekend and Its taking its toll around the waist.

2 home made sandwiches a day. 1 at 0730, 1 at 1300ish. Then dinner is whatever is able to be thrown together from the cupboards. Honestly I figure as I get older it’s only going to get harder to keep a reasonable shape. I dread the day I just have to give up eating anything nice all together.

what’s a diet?
weighed 10 stone from 18 yrs and still weigh 10st at 62
sorry guys :smiley:

BillyMac:

Congrats daleyboy…I bet you feel better for it.

Yes mate, feel 10 years younger. It’s also improved my sleep apnoea, almost to the point I’m not going to need my cpap machine

I started taking food to work with me; mixed veg(big frozen bag for £1, enough for 4-5 days), rice and chicken or beef.
No longer go into greggs(that was hard!) and started gentle jogging, not far, about half a mile.
Was 19.5 stone 3 months ago, now 17 st.
I feel so much better for it.