Whats ya limiter speed

what speed does your limiter kick in at??

on the daff i drive at the mo it will sit on 55 happily (unless im fullt freighted up hill) :laughing:

90, that’s not an option in the poll so couldn’t vote.

52mph normally :frowning: 60 Downhill :smiley: Or 56mph if I smash my truck up and get an hired replacement :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

56 mph but 58 on the cruise control, or so the speedo says anyway but still get overtaken by just about everything else :unamused:

56 on gps speed read out much more acurate than the speedo

I don’t have one…!!! Ha ha. I routinely do 77-83mph, its legal in Arizona, well maybe not 83, but you knoww what I mean.

Haulin tankers and doin 80mph, scares the crap out of the tourists…!!!

Stu

56 :wink:

54 :confused:

90kmh is 56mph Neil, without splitting hairs over fractions of a mile per hour.

Yeah, I know that Rob. :wink: :unamused: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Yeah, I know that Rob. :wink: :unamused: :smiley:

:confused:

Well if you know that then why did you write

90, that’s not an option in the poll so couldn’t vote.

if you already knew it was 56mph ? :confused: :unamused:

:smiley:

Because 90 wasn’t an option and I only do speeds in Km/h and not in old money. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Because 90 wasn’t an option and I only do speeds in Km/h and not in old money. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nit-picker :unamused: :smiley:

What do you do in the UK then :laughing:?

Liberace:
What do you do in the UK then :laughing:?

Usually around 85km/h. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Should have been a section for no limit in the poll; my speedo max’s out at 85mph and it’s been past that…lol when hooked to the computer it says it’s been into 3 figures :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Bully

I worked for a Dutchman once, for a month or two, who had the speedo wound back so far, that when i was driving at 90kmh(found one of my mates on the A14 one day to help clarify i was doing 90kmh) my speedo and tacho was showing 70kmh :smiley: So when i was showing 90kmh on my card and on speedo i was doing 110kmh :open_mouth:
Now this all sounds well and good, but, what if id got stopped during a days work and asked by the friendly Mr. Plod, “how come you havent driven over 70kmh all day on your way down from Glasgow on the motorway?” (because i didnt want to drive over 90kmh!) OR the opposite side of the coin to that… “how come you left Glasgow 2 hours ago, and havent driven over 90kmh ,but youre now in Birmingham?” Luckily for me, i wasnt there for long and never got stopped :confused: , maybe i didnt explain that very well, probably not, but it is 3.05am and my hangover is just starting :cry:

Your post makes sense kindle (perhaps not glasgow to birmingham in 2 hours :laughing: )

60 and then we have the surge :open_mouth: :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

simon

sorry had to edit i was answering a post without a quote … but the subject i beleive is stralis

early ones had more electrical problems than an electrical thing …
and i had one the other night that i could not COULD NOT GET THE ■■■■■■■■ TRAILER OFF , backed into it pulled off it lifted it dropped it …
fifth wheel coupling had jammed :imp:

but oh boy and proven an iveco stralis 430 against a volvo fh 460 i shift thingie up hill fully freighted … the stralis left it behind …
good engine in those stralis’s shame about the electrical breakdowns

advantage was i know how to change a stralis in semi to be effective and the volvo is slow to change in manual and auto use …

strange thing , been at the company 6 wks and now showing old hats how to use a stralis ( 6 new ones, shift manager gave m it and they had a trainer … nah dont need that driven these for ages before i came here, trainer came out , i hopped in flicked the ignition , ignition checks the oil and water , fired her up had a walk round , selected semi and rattled heround the yard … knew all the switches etc etc ) the old hats dont like that i have only been there6 wks and know the stralis inside and out … sad world … let them select reverse high :unamused: :unamused:

when they work there a good motor , no denying that , top stereo

EDIT again to add the volvo 460 against iveco 430 uphill slug was done at an untimely m-way 2 in the morning !!! and we both left the depot with the same trailer loads ( identical weight ) same company different motors …
nice motor the volvo but the less powered stralis with the know when and how to shift driver :laughing: killed the volvo :laughing: :laughing:

paul@midway:
sorry had to edit i was answering a post without a quote … but the subject i beleive is stralis

early ones had more electrical problems than an electrical thing …
and i had one the other night that i could not COULD NOT GET THE ■■■■■■■■ TRAILER OFF , backed into it pulled off it lifted it dropped it …
fifth wheel coupling had jammed :imp:

but oh boy and proven an iveco stralis 430 against a volvo fh 460 i shift thingie up hill fully freighted … the stralis left it behind …
good engine in those stralis’s shame about the electrical breakdowns

advantage was i know how to change a stralis in semi to be effective and the volvo is slow to change in manual and auto use …

strange thing , been at the company 6 wks and now showing old hats how to use a stralis ( 6 new ones, shift manager gave m it and they had a trainer … nah dont need that driven these for ages before i came here, trainer came out , i hopped in flicked the ignition , ignition checks the oil and water , fired her up had a walk round , selected semi and rattled heround the yard … knew all the switches etc etc ) the old hats dont like that i have only been there6 wks and know the stralis inside and out … sad world … let them select reverse high :unamused: :unamused:

when they work there a good motor , no denying that , top stereo

EDIT again to add the volvo 460 against iveco 430 uphill slug was done at an untimely m-way 2 in the morning !!! and we both left the depot with the same trailer loads ( identical weight ) same company different motors …
nice motor the volvo but the less powered stralis with the know when and how to shift driver :laughing: killed the volvo :laughing: :laughing:

:confused: :question: