What's the most you've been over your 4.5 hours

As the title suggests, just curious as to the experiences of other drivers. Due to start stop traffic, no parking and roadworks I ended up over today.

I’e been on 6 hours 45 minutes before, after a tanker overturned on the M25.

Also on the M25 7 hours 30 mins, stopped 2 days later by VOSA they checked there had been problems and then not bothered about it.

Got to 6:21 driving before before a break last year,on the road from newtown to Aberystwyth,big snow fall the snow plough had been trough so all the lay-bys were under 3ft of snow so no chance of stopping in a lay by long line of traffic driving very slow due to snow drifts on the road,couldn’t stop anywhere til I got to Aberystwyth itself.

logged on wrong one night, drove for over seven hours without a break, and had done a thirty something hour shift, by the time that i finished, just did a print out at the end of my shift, and attached it to my infringement when it came through. its a mistake but then your dealing with a machine, there’s nothing worse than driving down the road for ten minutes then it starts flashing break needed 4.15 hrs driving.

22hrs
Hang on that’s a fib, there was a ferry crossing so more like 18hours.
Bham to Valencia…

(Different times)

Paper tacho 18 hour days 15 hour drives

Digi card over by an hour ish with printout of how I managed to get home :slight_smile:

Im waiting on deiseldog999 posting. He’ll probably have about 3 weeks and 4 days over :grimacing:

about 20mins iirc, stuck on the M42 between junctions due to an accident, I know, I’m not ■■■■■■■■ enough :frowning:

Actually I think I hold the record for this,I went 142hrs once without a break according to my tacho…after I came back off holiday and ballsed my manual entry up and put the time off as other work not rest :smiley:

Once had a tacho that had to magically end up in the shredder :blush:

Drove 8 and a bit hours once, tacho was faulty and didn’t register break. Wasn’t fun driving with the thing flashing at me for four hours!

In the days of being a limper and paper tacho’s did a day for Blakemores in darlo,out for the day in a rigid 1 drop in Plymouth and 1 in liskeard.
Needed to get back to sign for a new house rang the agency gaffer he said get back then tell me the mileage and will do you a paper tacho with manual entries,5 3/4 back from liskeard only the once but paper tacho’s were rather lose-able lol.
Not just the 4.5 hour driving that day 10 were out the window aswell not big or clever but stuff happens.

Apparently I once did 38 hrs straight off according to the police analysis of the paysheet, luckily the case got kicked out by the high court as the correct search and seize procedure was not followed, me and a few other drivers and the owner were well happy. ALLEGEDLY !!

If you know you’re gonna be stationary (eg behind a serious Mway accident) for an hour or more - I’d book off a break. I think we all did this stuck at the Dartford Tunnel last week where nothing moved between 00:45 and 04:00 when the tunnel finally opened again. There was a bit between 00:00 and 00:30 when they were raising those barriers and letting single vehicles go into the left hand bore - causing us all to stop-start inch forward, but then around 00:45 we were solidly stationary.

“Stop Start” does us no favours. The lack of trucks having pulled up onto the hard shoulder just past J30 in Essex - would be testament to the huge number of trucks in the queue originally who’d obviously already booked off a 45 whilst stuck… :bulb:

I’ve been over 4 minutes, when the first three laybys I was aiming at were all full, and I’ve been over 25 minutes when getting stuck coming out of London due to a gridlock around the New Cross area. I pulled up on those plant laybys on the Rochester way, seeing as that was the first chance I had. I dunno what line VOSA take with such “offences”, but fortunately it was on an old digicard, so I’m satisfied it won’t show up if I were pulled tomorrow…

3 mins!

Like hell I was taking 45 min break when I was a mile from base on a Friday morning and an early finish.

Winseer:
If you know you’re gonna be stationary (eg behind a serious Mway accident) for an hour or more - I’d book off a break.

I’ve been told by our National trainer not to book break when stuck in traffic, and just to ensure I stop as soon as possible afterwards. Yet I was stuck on the M3 earlier today near Micheldever and didn’t move for 17 minutes with the Tacho defaulting to Other Work, which to me seems a bit silly. OK I wasn’t able to dispose of my time as I wished, but I wasn’t exactly working and was basically just chilling. I was tempted to put it on POA, but again that is wrong as I don’t know the length of time I’d be there. Yet if I was sat in the passenger seat in the same situation, I’d have been on POA. Funny world isn’t it! :laughing:

I’ve also done the opposite, driven seven hours and not clocked up a minute on the tacho. :stuck_out_tongue:

Evil8Beezle:

Winseer:
If you know you’re gonna be stationary (eg behind a serious Mway accident) for an hour or more - I’d book off a break.

I’ve been told by our National trainer not to book break when stuck in traffic, and just to ensure I stop as soon as possible afterwards. Yet I was stuck on the M3 earlier today near Micheldever and didn’t move for 17 minutes with the Tacho defaulting to Other Work, which to me seems a bit silly. OK I wasn’t able to dispose of my time as I wished, but I wasn’t exactly working and was basically just chilling. I was tempted to put it on POA, but again that is wrong as I don’t know the length of time I’d be there. Yet if I was sat in the passenger seat in the same situation, I’d have been on POA. Funny world isn’t it! :laughing:

Being free to dispose of your time is a requirement for Daily Rest - not Break…

After an incorrect manual entry the following day I clocked up 22hrs+
Lets hope I don`t screw up the next time I put my card in, as its 21 months since it was last used :open_mouth: :open_mouth: