What's the most you've been over your 4.5 hours

If at all only by the odd minute, always told and believed that the 4.5 and 10 hour max driving limits are the ones they’ll really cane you for so do me very best not to go over either of those.
You can’t really count mistaken manual entries, of which i’ve made a few, they stand out as being exactly that.

Did an 18 hour day a few years ago due to blow out on M11 with odd size car transporter tyre , fitter had to run all over Anglia to find one, sods law got pulled the following week at Risby for weight check, they were fine about it cos they could see the genuine reason why (writ on back of card and new tyre in place) and could see from the rest of me records it wasn’t a regular stroke being pulled.

Even in the days of log books always tried me best to run straight, learned long ago that your reputation in this job can make or break your prospects and it follows you years down the line, having ended up in a job where its 110% legal own account work and spot on i would say doing things right has paid off.
Also can’t say as i fancy a hostile chat with a peeved TC for summat as stupid as running over time for no valid reason.

Took some Shetlands to Glasgow for a breed show

Horsebox was 37ft of pure misery to drive. 4 over 4 slap box with everything stopping working on the way up there. No fuel guage, no rev counter, no heating. I couldn’t stop to get it sorted and couldn’t just leave the horses so kept going. Ended up hours over and one of the stallions ate my tacho disc

To add insult to [zb] injury the multi-millionaire owner refused to pay £5 quid for the generator hook up when we got there

Such a shame - the box got written off on the return journey (none of the horses were harmed during the making of this story)

Never ever drive for that bloody person ever again!

The-Snowman:
Im waiting on deiseldog999 posting. He’ll probably have about 3 weeks and 4 days over :grimacing:

3 weeks and 4 days■■?..im a driver,not a shunter… :slight_smile:

About 13 minutes for me. Remember coming round the M25 with about 2 hours on my tacho as I passed Cobham. Fancied Stratford, but could have done Warwick, Cherwell or Reading if things slowed down a bit. Ended up on Beaconsfield, over by about 13 mins of driving and ten mins of duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most i’ve over run was 10.34 hrs driving on a 9 hr drive day…yes it was deliberate as was friday afternoon & i was not going to have a 5th night out in row that week

But still with in daily duty time

Got to 7hrs 20 stuck in queuing traffic on the m25 once also went over duty time by about 12 hours when I forgot to change the mode switch on the ferry to Holland one time.

dieseldog999:

The-Snowman:
Im waiting on deiseldog999 posting. He’ll probably have about 3 weeks and 4 days over :grimacing:

3 weeks and 4 days■■?..im a driver,not a shunter… :slight_smile:

I knew you’d have a post in here somewhere along those lines!!![emoji28]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Ran to 4hrs 44mins on Friday, stuck in stationary traffic between junctions on m6. Only 2 miles away from depot. Print out done to explain my misdemenor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After 18days off (holiday) I managed in my infinite wisdom to do a manual entry on my return to work that had me doing other work for the duration… :astonished:

Should have framed my infringement report! :smiley:

Less than 10 minutes. Haven’t had an infringement for a few years now. Then again I have a ■■■■ easy job driving nights so rarely go over 4 hours never mind get close to the drive limits.

What are these “manual entries” you speak of ?
Just press no.

Once took me 8 hours to get from j11 M5 North to j6, that was back in 2007 when we had those floods which are shown on the tv from time to time. Not a good day.