Whats the minimum you'd work for?

We all sit here and say thats a crap wage, and slate people for working for what we as individuals class as peanuts, but when the chips are down, and jobs are hard to come by, what is the minimum hourly rate you would be prepared to work for??
(Try and view this from a neutral point of view, not based on your current earnings)

I am just curious really, there is no ulterior motive in this question…

i put 7 to7.50 cos it would pay my bills i don’t want much just a go boss a wage to live on and to injoy what i love doing driving

Del

i just hope bosses dont view this,if they do wages will be dropping even more.

A tin of beans a day would do me preferably supermarket own make as thsat would make it so much cheaper for my boss.

It’s down to supply and demand, as I’d rather work but I’d take a better paid non driving job over a minimum wage driving job and unless I’m treated right I’ll be off as soon as the wages elsewhere pick up.

Where was the £10 plus box?
.At the end of the day we are so called professionals
I’m lucky where i havn’t worked for less than a tenner now for a good few years.And i wouldn’t really want to.

And why should we■■?

Tonyb

iv a class 1 and get paid about 8pounds an hour… however i dont sit on my ■■■ all day and moan i actually have to pack load lift carry haul pull and put everythin on the truck with an other guy and not complain. sure i could sit on my ■■■ all day and drive and earn alot more but thats boring… would rader do my jodb and heep in shape then more an be fat… euromat and bikemonkey shut up lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

as most saturdays i end up on 25 ish p/h id say thats what i/d like all week, it sound mad i know, but societys 24/7 and these days so if you can pay that on a saturday , why not all week.
but id quess most firms would like to pay the 6/p.h i ended up on last fri [ thanks somm ambient :unamused: ].
so somewhere in the middle would do me , but im not holding my breath

We should remember that we are not the only ‘professionals’ that exist on lower pay. I’m sure there are a few squaddies, nurses, paramedics and the like that would love an increase in pay.

Having said that, my solicitor has just informed me her rate hs gone up to £163 per hour :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :open_mouth:

For me, I just need enough to pay the bills and has some left over for a bit of ‘me’ time.

I had a couple of hour long appointments with my dentist they cost £500 an hour. :blush:

Somerfield just got another payrise i think they are on £11.21 an hour plus a couple of extras.
Me on the agency my rate hasnt changed in 4 years apart from last year when my weekend rate was cut by £2 an hour. When that happened my work rate dropped by at least £4 an hour :smiley:

tonyb70:
Where was the £10 plus box?

I would not even set the alarm clock for less than £8 an hour!!

At the minute if I was out of work I would accept a job that would pay all the bills and fund my £50 a day heroin habit :smiley:

this is only half the story. I get true time n half and double time after 8 hours. I think the question should be whats the minimum you will work for less expenses mines bout £400

LASHHGV:
Somerfield just got another payrise i think they are on £11.21 an hour plus a couple of extras.
Me on the agency my rate hasnt changed in 4 years apart from last year when my weekend rate was cut by £2 an hour. When that happened my work rate dropped by at least £4 an hour :smiley:

gotta agree with you there.
i just took a 13% paycut(no option).
so i will be doing 13% less work.
i have done this for a variety of reasons which are continued on a seperate sheet.

if my rates freeze this year i shall have to start a massage buisness in the back of my unit when parked up at rdc or utilise my breaks for income :wink:

I was paid on earnings so can’t say what an hourly rate should be I’m afraid.
The last hourly paid driving job I had in the '90’s (class 2) we had a pay rise when the minimum wage came into force to bring us up to it.

Pete.

My take home including shift allowance is round the £1,400 mark. Now that I’m used to that I wouldn’t take anything less :wink:

well for me it depend,s if it means losing ya house and stuff or car or what ever means much to then i would do it for 5 pound a hour infact i have and worked every hour god sends to me just to keep me afloat in this world then jump ship untill i find somethink better :wink:

The Highway Man:
My take home including shift allowance is round the £1,400 mark. Now that I’m used to that I wouldn’t take anything less :wink:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: