Whats the minimum you'd work for?

Times are bad for drivers all over the UK and we are being asked to say whay we will drive for :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Robert:
Times are bad for drivers all over the UK and we are being asked to say whay we will drive for :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think it has currently been bargained down to ‘14 pence and a yo-yo’ by the fella from Romania :laughing:

I would not work for less than £8 per hour, and that would be for 7.5 tonne work. I try not to burden myself with overheads that mean I am nailed to the wall and have to work for poverty pay.

I know not everybody is in that position for whatever reason, so I do understand that people need to earn money, but driving HGV for minimum wage is a very slippery slope indeed.

I have never ever when paid PH worked for less than £8ph

But when i worked out my hours for salary jobs on international it works out at most points less than min wage. Brian Yeardley is one for example i think i worked out mr hours against the salary and it worked out at like £5 max per hour!

On another front i am basing this on C+E having said that now working as i do i would never pay my drivers less than that! When i bid for clients i quote with £8ph pay rate as a minimum, more for HIAB and ADR.