Whats the longest wait

was sitting in tesco rdc the other day … took them 6 hours to tip me, that got me thinking …Whats the longest anyones had to wait while being tipped!!!

Did a hanging garment box into a M&S DC once last year and was there over 7 hours

I was at Fenny Lock for 24hrs once. Had to get the police to come because I refused to move after my 15 was up. Police came and told the manager not to disturb me and put 6 cones round my truck and drew a white line between them with chalk. Said if anyone came across the line before my 15 was up they’d be arrested. :open_mouth:

seven days waiting to unload our road-barrel ,The road-barrel
was on a steam line for 4days after they had unloaded those in
front of me , this was in
Italy down by Casertia ,boss got paid waiting time after 4hrs,

3 days.

I’ve waited at the destination for a week before, in Russia, waiting for Customs to clear the load (TRANSLATION- Obtain bribes from everybody involved in the import) but I know people who have waited three weeks to tip in similar circumstances.

I once had to get the manifest translated into Russian in Krasnodar, I had the entire fittings for a new bank and after three days the Customs officer summonsed me, pointed to the manifest and asked me to explain what a “security fish” was.

So I rolled my eyes a bit :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

And said “It’s not a security fish, it’s a Chubb safe”.

2 and a half days loading paper out of zaragoza, paperwork mix up… pah !

Harry liked the bit about the Chubb safe :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

RobK:
I was at Fenny Lock for 24hrs once. Had to get the police to come because I refused to move after my 15 was up. Police came and told the manager not to disturb me and put 6 cones round my truck and drew a white line between them with chalk. Said if anyone came across the line before my 15 was up they’d be arrested. :open_mouth:

Uh huh right then :unamused: Been a while since we last heard that one though

When on a FORD contract at Dagenham in the late 80’s, I pulled in there Mon morn at 8am, an agency bod releved me friday night, I went back on the Monday and finally got tipped wednesday night, this was for the PTA (Paint trim assmbly plant) It was not unusual for us to be there for 3 days…
Used to time to play football against the Spanish drivers and use the canteens, nights in London (There was usually 45 of us there at a time) leaving a couple of drivers at Dag with keys incase a wagon was called down. Swifts were paid waiting time, we were on full pay so it was win win situation. :grimacing:

Steve-o:

RobK:

Here Here Stevo, the old ones are the best… :unamused:

24 hours to tip tyres in Germany, phoned the office and the boss said “tell them your Grandad unloaded quicker than that in 1945”
think I’d of waited a bit longer if I’d repeated that.

mutley:
“tell them your Grandad unloaded quicker than that in 1945”

And came home empty! :wink:

Coddy:
an agency bod releved me friday night

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

another one for the tnetUK mis-quote of the year competition :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

this week wev’e had 4 drivers that had to be collected from the truck at Heathrow as they ran out of time and dont tramp , all at the same time .

My personal record is 9hrs at Tossco fastway… , 8000 bays and only about 10 wagons in all day. And I only live 15mins away from the ■■■■ place :unamused: couldv’e gone home for the day !!

shade:
this week wev’e had 4 drivers that had to be collected from the truck at Heathrow as they ran out of time and dont tramp , all at the same time .

is that what is meant by multi manning :question: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

mutley:
“tell them your Grandad unloaded quicker than that in 1945”

And came home empty! :wink:

The old ones are the best Harry :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Steve-o:

RobK:

gunnerheskey:

Steve-o:

RobK:

Here Here Stevo, the old ones are the best…

What’s that noise I can hear… :question:

Sounded like a type of whooshing noise to me.

Harry Monk:
Sounded like a type of whooshing noise to me.

:grimacing: