What's the biggest story you've heard

lets not mention dreaming about eating a giant marshmallow then waking up to discover your pilow is missing… :open_mouth:

dieseldog999:
i once dreamt i was on a winning streak in a las vegas slot machine…
when i woke up the misses had a mouthfull of 50p pieces and a dislocated shoulder… :slight_smile:

That is brilliant :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dieseldog999:
it was a dream…
anytime i feel like a bit of variety in my ■■■ life,then i just get the misses to wear cheap perfume,and drink a mouthfull of gin,after i turn off the light,then with a bit of imagination,its a quick rumble with some old slapper from the grab a granny night…win win… :slight_smile:

Easier than taking a trip to the stockyard and less likely to pick up an embarrassing itch

not so easy to get rid of though?

kr79:

dieseldog999:
it was a dream…
anytime i feel like a bit of variety in my ■■■ life,then i just get the misses to wear cheap perfume,and drink a mouthfull of gin,after i turn off the light,then with a bit of imagination,its a quick rumble with some old slapper from the grab a granny night…win win… :slight_smile:

Easier than taking a trip to the stockyard and less likely to pick up an embarrassing itch

The stockyard? Are you by any chance in Leicestershire my friend?

Guy who used to be the manager when I worked for halfords was a bit of a billy bull ■■■■■■■ but the story that always sticks out for me is the time he said he had a personal trainer for lifting weights and that morning he had managed to do 60kg per arm doing arnold dumbell presses.
You dont even get a 60kg weight let alone two dumbells!

The-Snowman:
Guy who used to be the manager when I worked for halfords was a bit of a billy bull [zb] but the story that always sticks out for me is the time he said he had a personal trainer for lifting weights and that morning he had managed to do 60kg per arm doing arnold dumbell presses.

You do. At a lot of gyms. You can also make up dumbells using free weights.

It’s still a total lie unless he was ridiculously huge.

sammym:

The-Snowman:
Guy who used to be the manager when I worked for halfords was a bit of a billy bull [zb] but the story that always sticks out for me is the time he said he had a personal trainer for lifting weights and that morning he had managed to do 60kg per arm doing arnold dumbell presses.

You do. At a lot of gyms. You can also make up dumbells using free weights.

60kg is the biggest dumbell in our gym but only ever used for lat pulls, im very strong and have worked out heavy for years, i can do 52.5 (105kg) for around 4 reps incline chest press but a spotter is essential. 60kg (120) is going some, youred have to be a big lump and training heavy for a long time to do that kind of press especially for reps…

sammym:
You can also make up dumbells using free weights.

60kg a side? On dumbells you make using weight plates?
I’ll take your word for it you can get 60kg dumbells. I’ve only ever seen a 50kg as the heaviest but even at that, there’s no way he was lifting that. That’s a ■■■■■■■■ bodybuilders weight.
You’d maybe have to know his track record for tall tales to appreciate just how much ■■■■■■■■ this claim was

The-Snowman:

sammym:
You can also make up dumbells using free weights.

60kg a side? On dumbells you make using weight plates?
I’ll take your word for it you can get 60kg dumbells. I’ve only ever seen a 50kg as the heaviest but even at that, there’s no way he was lifting that. That’s a ■■■■■■■■ bodybuilders weight.
You’d maybe have to know his track record for tall tales to appreciate just how much [zb] this claim was

At some gyms yes - dumbells can get ridiculously heavy. watsongym.co.uk/product/150-kg-dumbbell/

However maybe 1% of serious roid heads will actually use them. It’s more of an ego thing. People want them in the gym as it makes it more ‘■■■■■■■■’. Bit like someone pulling a fridge in the UK with a 750hp motor… It’s a willy waving thing.

Note for completeness. I used to use loads of steroids and have never used dumbells weighing 60kg or more. And I only know a few people who have. So unless he was huge I’d struggle to believe it as well. Even if he was huge I’d not believe he was bicep curling them. Chest press maybe - bi curl… Nah.

jbaz73:

kr79:

dieseldog999:
it was a dream…

No

jbaz73:

kr79:

dieseldog999:
it was a dream…

Think he’s meaning stockyard truckstop, the munters(entertainment) start rolling up by taxi from about 19.30, and by fooook are they ruff.

Oh, the one at Sheffield, my bad :blush:

AndrewG:
60kg is the biggest dumbell in our gym but only ever used for lat pulls, im very strong and have worked out heavy for years, i can do 52.5 (105kg) for around 4 reps incline chest press but a spotter is essential. 60kg (120) is going some, youred have to be a big lump and training heavy for a long time to do that kind of press especially for reps…

I did have to doublecheck the title as to see if it was “What’s the biggest story you’ve told” :laughing:

But then again, you and yours are pretty well represented here either way :unamused:

4EE9ED15-5719-4417-A7DC-0C4299EB0E33.gif

milodon:

AndrewG:

I did have to doublecheck the title as to see if it was “What’s the biggest story you’ve told” :laughing:

But then again, you and yours are pretty well represented here either way :unamused:

Couldn’t speak as I don’t know from personal experience. I went to the gym this afternoon, the dumbbells do indeed go up to 75kg at ours.

What for? I doubt anyone in the place have ever used them!

To hold the doors open when it’s hot?

That’s what I use mine for :laughing: :laughing:

I notice my Tn mate Andrew is getting a bit of serious ag on this thread.
Surprised he aint defending himself more tbh, and shutting up the wind up guys for good with a couple of token pics to put it all to bed.

Now’s your chance Andrew, not biting or rising to it, more getting the last laugh if it was me.

I’m sure we would love to see a photo of this lorry

kr79:
I’m sure we would love to see a photo of this lorry

A photo of the log book and the lorry together would put an end to this once and for all.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk