Whats the best truck to drive?

as i am pretty new to all this, i am just interested in peoples opinion on what the best truck to drive is■■? i keep hearing scanias and volvos are the best…

whats your opinion :confused: :confused: :confused:

You will soon learn that the best truck to drive is the one, that pays you the most money!

A to B
A to Z
it doesnt really matter that much as long as you get there, You can sleep in it, if you have to & it can pull the load you are carrying.

IMHO the only thing that really matters it the wonga Oh & for me as long as it has gears! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Thecritic:
IMHO the only thing that really matters it the wonga Oh & for me as long as it has gears! :open_mouth: :smiley:

…and that it doesn’t go faster than 40mph :smiling_imp: :sunglasses:

If you could shake all the trucks up in a bag you would end up with a load of [zb]
And one piece of perfection. I like the Scanny T cab if you are going to be away for weeks, the space is great and you soon get used to tight work with it but I found that traction can be a problem when you have 10 heavy hunters, 2 dogs and various houshold [zb] on board and you are trying to climb a single gravel track up a mountain in Tuscany. the ERF is like a little nippy town car and a lot of fun on short trailer swaps. The merc has grown on me and the globetrotter is a sound wagon, I still mourn the eaton twin split gear box I don’t like MAN or Renault Premiums (Twingoes) but I had a lot of fun tramping containers with a Magnum so as you can see IMHO most trucks have good and bad points. :confused:

For me, it has to be the Renault Magnum, I loved my Premium but head and shoulders above all else is the Magnum. I only wish that I could have one over here to replace my Freightliner Columbia. No such luck.

There are NO good trucks to drive over here, they ALL ■■■■, except maybe the closest to a Euro motor, the Volvo VN series.

Be safe

Stu

This topic’s been done to death.

Old FH16 520 for me or XF95 480 or 530. If none of those were available I’d have a T-cabbed V8 Topline.

anything that never breaks down

they are much of a muchness nowadays

F12 Gobstopper with a V8 Scania engine and a twin splitter :stuck_out_tongue: with a radio that doesnt crackle. :smiley:

An old Daf DKS as a standard truck.

Thecritic:
You will soon learn that the best truck to drive is the one, that pays you the most money!

A to B
A to Z

a to z is better… you can get through the street’s much faster :laughing: :laughing:

sorry rob…it aint been done by me mate…and i just wanted your guys expert opinion still being a novice to this industry mate just askin the question :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

ado margate for me the best truck is one thats got plenty of room comfy to drive and an engine with enough power to do the job and a decent sterio cd player not fussed what badge is on the front :laughing:

my personal choice would be the 95xf… 2cnd to that would be an fh12 globey.bottom of me list would be a premium. :wink:

imho anything swedish :exclamation: :exclamation:
i dont think alot to the iveco heavys like the one i stuffed on friday :blush: :blush:
tin worm eats them faster than you can do a set of tyres or so i am told, didnt have mine long enough :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
i like the volvo f10 /f12 gobstoppers but an fh would do me a treat, had a flat top in the uk and loved it :sunglasses:
but i wouldnt want an fl10 wendy house again :cry:
chris

385 twingo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

alix776:
385 twingo :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t lie Alix, it’s a 144 460 Topliner iirc :slight_smile:

385 twingo

Too right.

no rob its a 124 470

you are both wrong it is an fh16 610 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
chris

Yep I’m going with Chris, FH16 610, when they start supplying it with the i-shift that is. :smiley: :sunglasses:

alix776:
no rob its a 124 470

Poser.

You wanna send that into truckpalace.com Alix, it’d be a welcome addition on there. I’m gonna have to dig out my digital camera and take a few of my Globey too.

Nice motor though; nice colour scheme. You’ll have little V8 Karl drooling over that :laughing: