What's Doncaster like to live?

Just googled what’s Leicester like to live and it took me back to 2014 thread on this forum . Still interested in Leicester but Doncaster has come into the equation . I’ve only been to Doncaster once to see Fulham play , found the locals a friendly bunch . What’s the nicest places and places to avoid ? The weather app I’ve got seems quite favourable . Also I see flooding is a massive problem . What areas are the worst and safest ? As I’m getting older I’m looking at cutting down on my hours and going four days a week , I’ve seen suez on the dust do a four day week and sofa delivery company . Any info on these ?

I’ll be doing a Merseyside version of this soon as well . But Southport, St Helens and Warrington and tranmere the main ones

The Bentley area of Doncaster & surrounding areas where his by floods several years ago, along with the area east of Doncaster airport (Haxey, Westwoodside) along the route of the river Don.
As for work, B&Q are closing down their Heywood (Manchester) depot later this year (Nov) and moving the work (plants/flowers) to Doncaster Redhouse and there’s rumours of C+E vacancies to start soon after pulling fridge trailers.
There’s potential for some jobs at Worksop and Blyth depots, but atm Wilkos (GXO) drivers are pulling loads out of there as there no work for them at Wilkos, and the writing is on the wall for Wilkos

Another chance…

To share one of my top ten Ytube clips.

This is a Donny pub.

youtube.com/shorts/O8D7IZMRupM?feature=share

Now yourmade my mind uo, im moving .

Fulham FC:
I’ll be doing a Merseyside version of this soon as well . But Southport, St Helens and Warrington and tranmere the main ones

St Helens is a ■■■■■■■■ full of one eyed mutants.
Makes Doncaster look like Manhattan.
Warrington is your best choice for HGV work, plus its pretty central for work in Liverpool or Manchester. Not much industry in Southport, all flower nurseries and the odd veg farm.

We had all this in Grantham , 1,000,s of Londoners ( I’m assuming as your a Fulham supporter your London based ) who relocated her to buy houses at 1/3 of London prices , we had about 4 in our culdesac , they’ve all gone back , it sounds good but if you need to visit a relative it’s a 200 mile round trip , there’s no mum round the corner to baby sit the kids , your friends are 2 hrs away etc etc
I did this 40 yrs ago & it’s a 300 mile round trip to see rovers every other week through the football season , 300 mile round trip for a family birthday party etc etc
I’d have a good old think before you do it , I’d not be without the mrs who lived in Lincolnshire but if I had my time again , I’d put my foot down & she’d have to live in Bristol , though we’d just end up doing the 300 mile round trip the other way round

dozy:
We had all this in Grantham , 1,000,s of Londoners ( I’m assuming as your a Fulham supporter your London based ) who relocated her to buy houses at 1/3 of London prices , we had about 4 in our culdesac , they’ve all gone back , it sounds good but if you need to visit a relative it’s a 200 mile round trip , there’s no mum round the corner to baby sit the kids , your friends are 2 hrs away etc etc
I did this 40 yrs ago & it’s a 300 mile round trip to see rovers every other week through the football season , 300 mile round trip for a family birthday party etc etc
I’d have a good old think before you do it , I’d not be without the mrs who lived in Lincolnshire but if I had my time again , I’d put my foot down & she’d have to live in Bristol , though we’d just end up doing the 300 mile round trip the other way round

Grantham should of been flattened years ago and spared us all Thatcher.

halewood:

dozy:

She’s loved round here , 99.9% Tory area , farmers etc , we’ve even got a statue of her now .

dozy:

halewood:

dozy:

She’s loved round here , 99.9% Tory area , farmers etc , we’ve even got a statue of her now .

No wonder, some of the older folks will remember the chaotic country that this was be fore Maggie took charge.

dozy:

I don’t think it was any of those reasons why those Londoners couldn’t wait to leave and get out of Grantham!

tmcassett:

dozy:

I don’t think it was any of those reasons why those Londoners couldn’t wait to leave and get out of Grantham!

At least they had the guts to show there faces in Grantham unlike you

dozy:

300 miles to watch the Gas play that’s far to close surprised you never moved to Inverness
Up the city

Happy Trucker1:

dozy:

300 miles to watch the Gas play that’s far to close surprised you never moved to Inverness
Up the city

I’d travel from the other side of the world to see the famous quarters, never mind Inverness , anyway what was it 4/5 yrs we will be playing in Europe , how’s that going ?ha ha

dozy:

Happy Trucker1:

dozy:

Up the city

I’d travel from the other side of the world to see the famous quarters, never mind Inverness , anyway what was it 4/5 yrs we will be playing in Europe , how’s that going ?ha ha

Nearly as well as 5 years and we will be in the prem posted by 2 goon gas heads on YouTube after The fake sheik wael took over the only Arab with no money ha ha

This isn’t…

Gonna make it to two pages. :smiley:

Happy Trucker1:

dozy:

Happy Trucker1:

dozy:

Up the city

Nearly as well as 5 years and we will be in the prem posted by 2 goon gas heads on YouTube after The fake sheik wael took over the only Arab with no money ha ha

Nice watch though , and we’re getting a new stand , subject to planning permission , see you season after next after you’ve spunked another 38 million achieving sfa

yourhavingalarf:
This isn’t…

Gonna make it to two pages. :smiley:

That’s a very fair observation… The Moderator logs reveal that we’ve had to remove some posts for breach of forum rules, so if the protagonists carry on, it’ll end up getting locked/removed by their own efforts.

Anyway… back to topic.

halewood:

Fulham FC:

St Helens is a [zb] full of one eyed mutants.
Makes Doncaster look like Manhattan.
Warrington is your best choice for HGV work, plus its pretty central for work in Liverpool or Manchester. Not much industry in Southport, all flower nurseries and the odd veg farm.

I’ve actually moved onto the buses now for last eight years but haven’t ruled out a return to HGV , but buses seem better paid in most areas , mentioned southport as Arriva pay £15ph and same in St Helens . First bus in Doncaster pay £13 after a year . National express buses not coaches in Coventry pay £17.23 plus you get free coach travel. I just done £58k on Metroline west in London but I live in a bloody Council estate full of smack heads and Gary linekers favourite people ( please let him be the BBC fella they’re looking into ) . I’d rather have a nice house and earn less in a nice area of English people .

Got all excited when I sac go Cornwall pay £15 in Newquay but looked at the application form and asks if you ever got banned from driving , I got done drunk driving After celebrating a Fulham promotion about 18 years ago so I guess that rules me out .