What's Doncaster like to live?

And if I didn’t have to sort of look after my mum whose definitely getting dementia but alright 90% of the time I’d have tried the buses in Gueurnsey £15ph plus I think it included accommodation. Never been to the Channel Islands but I’d imagine it would be peaceful . As I get older I’m getting much more into quiet . A rare trip down the pub sees me heading home by about 10pm

Fulham FC:
please let him be the BBC fella they’re looking into .

I doubt Gary Liniker is a former bbc newsreader, a royal correspondent, a Welshman, or has 5 kids

dozy:
We had all this in Grantham , 1,000,s of Londoners ( I’m assuming as your a Fulham supporter your London based ) who relocated her to buy houses at 1/3 of London prices , we had about 4 in our culdesac , they’ve all gone back , it sounds good but if you need to visit a relative it’s a 200 mile round trip , there’s no mum round the corner to baby sit the kids , your friends are 2 hrs away etc etc

Exactly, except I’m referring to the whole of the South East and not just London. Our son has just left to go home to Boston after a long-weekend visit. He finally, at 40, managed to save up enough of a deposit to obtain a mortgage with sensible repayments which allow for interest rate rises. There was no hope of getting a house in Kent so he’s left all his friends - and us- behind, and is stuck with the option of a 300 mile round trip to see his mates, something he has been doing every couple of months for the last year. He’s happy and his journey to work is easier but there is practically zero chance of ever moving back again because it was the difference in house prices between Lincolnshire and Kent which allowed him to get his own home in the first place. Quite how those Londoners managed it I don’t know because that difference is even greater.

Thursday was great :smiley: - bit down now for a couple of hours. :frowning: soon get over it though, see our daughter and little grand daughter tomorrow - they are a sensible 30 miles away. :smiley:

Fulham FC:

halewood:

Fulham FC:
I’ll be doing a Merseyside version of this soon as well . But Southport, St Helens and Warrington and tranmere the main ones

St Helens is a [zb] full of one eyed mutants.
Makes Doncaster look like Manhattan.
Warrington is your best choice for HGV work, plus its pretty central for work in Liverpool or Manchester. Not much industry in Southport, all flower nurseries and the odd veg farm.

I’ve actually moved onto the buses now for last eight years but haven’t ruled out a return to HGV , but buses seem better paid in most areas , mentioned southport as Arriva pay £15ph and same in St Helens . First bus in Doncaster pay £13 after a year . National express buses not coaches in Coventry pay £17.23 plus you get free coach travel. I just done £58k on Metroline west in London but I live in a bloody Council estate full of smack heads and Gary linekers favourite people ( please let him be the BBC fella they’re looking into ) . I’d rather have a nice house and earn less in a nice area of English people .

You can earn £50k+ gross@ Tesco nightshift NI (HANDY work) and you’ll not believe how cheap houses are here compared to GB.

There are ZERO Bradford/Luton/Leicester/Brum type towns etc here also.
PLENTY of red/white/blue about this time of year too!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk