Whats an Average Week For You...?

Just been doing my time sheet this morning, and got thinking about the amount of hours i work compared to others…

The week just gone i started at 0630 Sunday, worked 68 hours, was out all week(5 nights), and finally booked off at 0930 Friday Morning…

How does that compare to others…

lazy git :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Average for me is 42 hours but some weeks I’ve done as many as 78 hours but then sometimes it’s only been 27 hours.

i think this week will be about 60/65 hours and no nights out. its been a quiet week in our yard but next weeks see’s the start of a new contract for b&q… more dropping and swapping, but at least it will involve some journey work … worksop :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: .

Up at either 5am or 6am and it takes me forty minutes to get in and I am home at either 7pm when starting at 6am or 8pm if starting at 7am with the occasional later night if held up for any reason, so its about 14 hours a day all in.

Monday to Friday only which is all I really care about.

We do a 5 day, 6 day, 5 day, 6 day rotation. For 6 day weeks the most hours, but the easiest week, comes out between 80 and 90 hours over while others for 6 day weeks will be between 65 and 75. The 5 day weeks come out between 50 and 60 hours on average.

average 13 hour day :open_mouth: tramping so no big deal

i couldnt possibly divulge on a public forum what i get up to :wink:

Coffeeholic:
We do a 5 day, 6 day, 5 day, 6 day rotation. For 6 day weeks the most hours, but the easiest week, comes out between 80 and 90 hours over while others for 6 day weeks will be between 65 and 75. The 5 day weeks come out between 50 and 60 hours on average.

I take it you’re the POA king, Coffee? :laughing:

5 day week, 4 nights out, 60-65 hrs which include around 15hrs POA.

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

You take it wrong. Never use POA, it’s pointless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Monday got a call at 17.00 to go in for 19.30 as a ‘favour’. Id been up all day and it turns out to be a 15 hour run i was knackered. Sat by the phone tue and wed. Then thursday a 11 shift and a 7 hour shift on friday. Welcome to my week :cry:

Coffeeholic:

Steve-o:

Coffeeholic:

You take it wrong. Never use POA, it’s pointless. :stuck_out_tongue:

Neither do i now, after what you said the other week on another thread…:wink:

usually - monday early morning start,four or five nights out back home friday eve or saturday morning max 10am. working hours 3x15hrs, 2x 12, 13hrs and sometimes 3 hours on saturday. 2900 up to 3300km a week, usually colose to 40 up to 50hrs drive with avg close to 90hrs fornightly. all we can get out of tacho we are doing it. avoiding exceding those rules. all vosa check are ok. last time vosa officer told me that “im driving close to the legal limit” he agreed with me that if they had to check WTD hours then half of british transport should be banned and off the road.

At the moment I’m clocking about 52hrs a week 1200 - 1500 kms.

It’s still too much though :laughing:

10 hr shifts 4 days a week spread over 7 days, I have a fixed rota over 4 weeks, Usually do 3 overtime days in a 4 week period, so average out at 47/48 a week. Dont like working too hard. :smiley: Usually do 300-400kms a day. :cry:

mines a bit of an odd one, as although im away somethimes months at a time, actual work done can be minimal, one week springs to mind, where i sat in wembley for 3 days, drove overnight to the 02 then sat there for 4 days!!! ncie and easy!! but then sometimes its 5 or 6 long overnight drives in a row then a relief driver taking the truck onwards. but overall we do less hours than most i would say, our breaks can be huge (the tina turner trucks managed 180 hour break in munich i think it was!

Average about 70hours just now, which i can’t be bothered with.

Used to do 40-45hours each week which worked out as three shifts usually at least 13hours 15 hours even better, which suited me down to the ground Sun, Mon, Tues nightshift.

But with the way things are can’t get away with refusing work cause then agency will get someone else to do it, so having to do a load of shifts now 3x 15 and 2 x 12 typically.

People say your crazy not wanting to do extra shifts its money, but i like having a life doing other things and doing all these silly hours, don’t make that much extra espec if you end up getting put into the highest tax bracket so get hammered with tax, i’d rather be back on my three 15’s a week.

On average 54 hours. I’m contracted for 45, but i work a rest day as well to top up the pay packet if i’m down to work weekends. I get bored having weekdays off as no sod’s about so i have been working one of those every week :slight_smile: I was down to work Monday - Thursday this week, but worked yesterday and have the weekend off, next week is the weekend and monday off, but i’ll probably do the monday.

its been high 70,s of late, they try to keep you round fifty by giving you long run, short run,long run, but it never works as your rarely given the run you should have been doing by the t.o.